Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dawntide - Any good?

JothmeinJothmein Member Posts: 64

Was lurking around the forum, doing my bi-annual OMFG I WANT TO PLAY AN MMO AGAIN search and saw this game mentioned somewhere.

Has anybody played it? Is it good? Whats it like?

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

There are some recent posts with almost this exact same title. But rather than tell you to use the search function, I'll o ahead and give you a "brief" answer.

No.

The game has made little to no progress in several years. It's being made in some guy's basement with no budget whatsoever. It is a horrible mess of a game, and isn't going to improve within the next few years at least. (If at all.)

My suggestion is avoid it. It's not worth even downloading to look at. If you need more in-depth explaination as to why the game is crap. Go ahead and do a search for similar topics. As there have been many with pages of details as to why the game isn't really even worth trying.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• JothmeinJothmein Member Posts: 64

I did use the search function and got 0 results. Maybe you should try the search function before you're all snarky about it, but if the game is that bad I will avoid it.

Originally posted by Kazuhiro

There are some recent posts with almost this exact same title. But rather than tell you to use the search function, I'll o ahead and give you a "brief" answer.

No.

The game has made little to no progress in several years. It's being made in some guy's basement with no budget whatsoever. It is a horrible mess of a game, and isn't going to improve within the next few years at least. (If at all.)

My suggestion is avoid it. It's not worth even downloading to look at. If you need more in-depth explaination as to why the game is crap. Go ahead and do a search for similar topics. As there have been many with pages of details as to why the game isn't really even worth trying.

Plus.... Are you sure? the site seems to have quite a few updates (Including patches) just from this month.....

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

I tired the game at first it seemed really good but as it progressed it just seemed soo unfinished and terrible.

Half of the professions or skills what ever you would like to call it is unfinished and the people that play the game don't help at all i tryed to ask several questions and they just laughed.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• myndziussmyndziuss Member UncommonPosts: 26

All those videos make the game look good. and it even got me fooled :P The game is quite unfinished, reminds me of a browser game. The game has lots of bugs including geodata bugs etc.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Originally posted by Jothmein

I did use the search function and got 0 results. Maybe you should try the search function before you're all snarky about it, but if the game is that bad I will avoid it.

Wow you sure are offended easily. If you cared to read my post at all, I clearly said I was NOT going to tell you to use the search function, as it would have been rude and lazy of me. Hence why my post contained a brief explanation of the game. And there have been some 6 or so posts exactly like this one. As I've replaied to several of them myself.

In the future, read posts more carefully, and try not to jump the gun and be rude yourself. Escpecially when your asking people for help and info.

Now ignoring the previous thing, yes I am sure. The game website gives a strong presentation. But as the others have stated above this post, the game is nothing like what is presented on the site. It is very half finished. And is even missing some of the most basic components of a game. If you have doubts about what is being said, then by all means download and try it. All we're doing is trying to save you the wasted time.

PS: Regarding the patches, they arn't really patches. Nothing is being added whatsoever. If you read through them you'll notice nothing but minor tweeks to item desciptions and such. I tried this game 2 years ago, 1 year ago, and then again 3-4 months ago. Not a single thing had noticably changed.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

Went ahead and signed up. Honestly, this game seems to be what Xsyon is trying to be but failed.

I don't know if they recently just did a shitload of work or something, but there is definitely a playable game here, albeit without many players. There are only a few skills that I have seen that are not functional.