Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to LOTRO ?

Hi,

i started playing LOTRO as a lifetime member years ago. Then i left the game because of some in my opinion very bad game design decisions. i.e. stealing resources through better equipment, forced grouping for story quests, etc.

Now years later i am willing to give LOTRO a second look. I realize that much has changed by now. So i have some questions:

1) What happened to my lifetime account since LOTRO became f2p ?

2) What happened to my account since the company switched to something called Global Services ? (i am from EU)

3) Is there a site where i can check out the changes in game design during the last years ? (yes i know that maybe a lot to read, but i am willing to work through it)

4) Any further hints concerning returning to LOTRO ?

Many thx in advance

aicron

Comments

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by aicron

Hi,

i started playing LOTRO as a lifetime member years ago. Then i left the game because of some in my opinion very bad game design decisions. i.e. stealing resources through better equipment, forced grouping for story quests, etc.

Now years later i am willing to give LOTRO a second look. I realize that much has changed by now. So i have some questions:

1) What happened to my lifetime account since LOTRO became f2p ?

2) What happened to my account since the company switched to something called Global Services ? (i am from EU)

3) Is there a site where i can check out the changes in game design during the last years ? (yes i know that maybe a lot to read, but i am willing to work through it)

4) Any further hints concerning returning to LOTRO ?

Many thx in advance

aicron

Here, this should explain everything far more concisely than I can.

>clicky<

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• KualaBDKualaBD Member UncommonPosts: 131

Hiya.

1)  You still have your Lifetime account which was automatically switched to Lifetime VIP status (VIP being the top membership reserved for monthly subscribers and Lifetimers).  Basically for you nothing has changed.  You still have access to everything you had access to previously except now, as a VIP'er, you get a monthly bonus of 500 TP (store points) to use however you want on fluff items and new bonus account items like more character slots, shared storage, and wardrobe (cosmetics) storage.  Since you've been gone a while all those points have been saved up and now you should have around 5000 or 6000 store points when you log in.  When the next expansion comes out this fall you can use all those free points to buy the expansion thus getting the expansion free.

2)  Global services starts June 1st.  Basically the Codemasters' EU servers and it's players are being merged into Turbine's ownership.  As far as I understand it nothing will change for you except you'll be playing on your regular EU named server which will physically now be located in the US and you'll do all of your customer service stuff through Turbine instead of Codemasters.  I strongly suggest you check out the merger FAQ in Turbine's forums to see if there's anything you need to do or sign up for for the swap as I don't remember if it'll happen automatically  or if you have to opt in like when the Codemasters's EU DDO was merged in with Turbine.

3)  You can probably find that info at the Lotro-wiki site or other fan sites such as Casual Stroll to Mordor.

4)  Hints?  Not sure.  Even though I've been playing long before free-play I never reached max level yet so I don't really know what things affect you.  All the lower level areas have been revamped for easier questing, Vol I and II Epics have been made soloable (in case you can't find a group or don't want one).

• aicronaicron Member Posts: 4

many thx for your fast replies :-)