Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Azeroth "Doomsday" Daily

AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Some of you may have heard of someone called TotalBiscuit, and some of you may a know he has, or actually had, a daily show about World of Warcraft called Azeroth Daily. But he stopped doing it, for now, because of the World of Warcraft's latest patch, 4.2.

"With the upcoming content patch, 10 and 25-person Normal mode raid encounters will be receiving a comprehensive set of tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty.

These changes will allow players, groups, and guilds who have yet to experience the content in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds an opportunity to do so.

With the addition of a new tier of armour and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible and so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch."

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2151655541

He as well as many other players of WoW believe this is just another attempt of Blizzard to make the game too easy, if not dumbed-down.

I think it's quite unusual to see someone who has been a veteran player for such a long time to leave this game. And that's why I assume that these changes will dramatically affect the end-game of World of Warcraft, and possibly (or probably) also affect the size of the playerbase.

Discuss. 

Comments

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Well, he said that he felt that the game was no longer pointed at him as part of the target demographic, so.. he left.  I dont blame him one iota for that decision either.

I watch Total Biscuit everyday on his youtube channel (ive got him bookmarked), and I was not entirely surprised to see him leave, at least for now. 

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220

WoW has always done this, he got butt hurt and left. I give him 3 months or less and he will be back.

• bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141

They did it in Wrath so what makes you think they wouldnt do it in Cataclysm as well.

I quit after Wrath so no sweat off my back but it should come as no surprise.

• mm0wigginsmm0wiggins Member Posts: 270

I was a WoW 'vet' and I left for the same reason (actually, a whole hell of a lot of reasons that disgusted me about where the game was headed, but i suppose i can some it up the same way:):   I was no longer a part of the target demographic.

I played WoW since launch, all the way up to WotLK and then started my fair share (over abundant share really) of cancel, resub, cancel, resub, cancel....  I ended up just hating the game before I got "finished" with the WotlK content.   I was tired of chasing gear, and being forced to replace the gear I liked, because of new and improved and vastly more powerful gear releasing every "season" ..  I became very irritated with the constant instancing and lack of people in the world to explore/adventure/RP/PVP with...   So, I left if cancelled, hoping the next expansion would be proof of them (blizzard) removing their heads from their asses.     Cata launched and I was already pretty over it but bought it anyway, like the bored sheep they wanted me to be.    I played for 1 week, and cancelled again.   Uninstalled, through the box away...  

hands in the air saying "Ok, Blizzard.  Make your money.   You no longer can claim to run the biggest mmorpg in the world.  This is a disgraceful excuse for an mmorpg and you aren't even bothering to hide that fact.   I'm insulted, and I will not forgive you for making me waste years of my life playing a game I loved, only to remove any shred of what I've worked for.  Goodbye."

--- since then, everyone I know in my real circle of friends (short of 1 alt-o-holic buddy I have) has left WoW with the same attitude.  None looking back.    Only, the really sad part is, I can't get them to try any other games with me, because they feel like they played all the MMO they can handle after WoW, and even if they did have a little unf left in them, they too know that there's no point because every other polished game out there ever since is just offering the same thing.   Quest as fast as you can, by yourself, to level cap, where the fun is... where the endgame is... and then queue up with the matchmaker to acquire gear... and after you get that gear... get rid of it. ALL OF IT. for the next season will be out soon.   

Bravvo for this post.   Finally, I hear of an iconic member of the wow community finally being fed up with the compromises.

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

I really don't get this mentality.

No one who cares about raid difficulty is going to be running the tier 11 normal-mode raids when 4.2 hits so why do they care if old normal-modes get nerfed?

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by Aadien

WoW has always done this, he got butt hurt and left. I give him 3 months or less and he will be back.

Yeah, well I dont really remember him saying he was gone for good, so its very possible he will come back to the game.  Geez.. what it is with you people and "butt hurt"? 

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Cacaphony

Originally posted by Aadien

Yeah, well I dont really remember him saying he was gone for good, so its very possible he will come back to the game.  Geez.. what it is with you people and "butt hurt"? 

Yes, the term has become annoyingly popular.

• ichimarunicoichimarunico Member Posts: 210

Originally posted by Siris23

No one who cares about raid difficulty is going to be running the tier 11 normal-mode raids when 4.2 hits so why do they care if old normal-modes get nerfed?

Because the achievements and progress that they made will now be possible by mouthbreathing monkeys with down syndrome. At least wait until T13 to make T11 pugguble in full greens...

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Because it diminishes the accomplishment.

Kind of like how these days every kid is given a trophy, even when they lose. Kind of diminishes the point of winning a trophy when people who didn't do as well or try as hard get the same.

It's bad enough that the gear is going to be handed out like candy on halloween from facerolling heroics.

What's the point of spending hours each week trying to clear content and gear up to be able to clear the current top end content, when in a few months you'll be able to stroll in there and faceroll through everything? The answer is exactly why people are starting to get fed up with WoW.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Pretty much this. I never understood why people got angry that old content they no longer run became easier. All it does is give more casual players the ability to experience content that was previously closed off to them. 

We can sit here and go back and forth about how WoW is this and that, but lets face it, with that many subscribers they are obviously keeping a lot of gamers happy and are doing something correctly. 

And before "WoW fanboy" gets thrown at me, I dont even play WoW anymore. 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

This is what they do every time a new Tier is released... This is not something new.  Every time this happens people freak out and cancel their subs.  Yet WoW continues to live on.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

After careful reflection of this....I have come to the conclusion that....

I don't care anymore.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

This is what they do every time a new Tier is released... This is not something new.  Every time this happens people freak out and cancel their subs.  Yet WoW continues to live on.

Actually, it is new-ish.

Vanilla WoW you had to do the raid tiers in order, or you didn't do them at all. In BC it was much the same, with a few gear exceptions from heroic badge bought items (which were select pieces). Wrath is when this cycle of throwing the last raid tier out as welfare epics started.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

It has never been to this extreme. They nerfed every single boss by 20% or more on health and damage, and additional nerfs to the mechanics' damage and other effects. This is an overnight change... not like the stacking 5% buff from ICC that eventually trivialized it.

The only time I can think of nerfs this bad happening all at once is the end of Burning Crusade, a month or so before Wrath launched, which nerfed all of the raids to easymode level. That was the first time I cancelled my WoW account... I think this time will be my last.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by ichimarunico

Because the achievements and progress that they made will now be possible by mouthbreathing monkeys with down syndrome. At least wait until T13 to make T11 pugguble in full greens...

Once again who cares, the hardcore/skilled players will be working on T12 progression and probably won't give T11 a second thought, and the achieve junkies should have their heroic achieves to be proud of (heroic modes are not being nerfed).

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Once again who cares, the hardcore/skilled players will be working on T12 progression and probably won't give T11 a second thought, and the achieve junkies should have their heroic achieves to be proud of (heroic modes are not being nerfed).

<--- very happy achieve junkie. You know how difficult it is getting people for an ICC run with my availability?? Easier the better I say. MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. I didn't join WoW in time to be ready to raid ICC/ULD/RUBY..........so easier the better for me anyways.

If achievements are the only lasting 'reward' hardcore gamers have to look forward to for spending countless hours clearing the exact same content over and over again, only to have "scrubs" faceroll their way through it next patch... I think you have your answer as to why people care.

What's so skillful about following scripted directions in a raid you've run 20 times before already?

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

How is this a surprise tho? Ever since TBC the game has received constant nerfs to anything thats too difficult for casual gamers to pull off.

I suppose at least they give the "hardcore" players a little time to encounter a challenge ya know.

I quit not long after Cata, personally enjoyed Cata, just tired of the game.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Originally posted by mm0wiggins

What's so skillful about following scripted directions in a raid you've run 20 times before already?

-rolleyes- What's so skillful about pointing a gun and pulling a trigger? What's so skillful about performing a song you've performed 20 times before? What's so skillful about... so on and so forth. High end PvE takes skill in games where it's challenging. I'm sorry. It's true.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

While I personally think the guy is kind of weird, his coverage of the CAT beta was just plain awesome. If players put 1/4 the time into the game that he put into making those shows, I don't think this would be an issue.

I'm sorry, I can't get behind this whole "the game (any mmo) is just to hard."

Gamers want a game to be hard, and others gripe about it.

large companies, with large overhead, will always listen to people that gripe. MMO's progressively get easier to appeal to larger audiences, and blizzard is instep with most gaming companies.

TB has moved on to SC2. Now that's a game for gamers. A hardcore skill based time sink. Try saying that game needs to be dumbed down and see how far you get.

Originally posted by mm0wiggins

-rolleyes- What's so skillful about pointing a gun and pulling a trigger? What's so skillful about performing a song you've performed 20 times before? What's so skillful about... so on and so forth. High end PvE takes skill in games where it's challenging. I'm sorry. It's true.

meh...   it's just gear.  

If you have the gear, the challenge disappears, and facerolling is possible.   If you don't have the gear, you farm the fails until you've accumulated enough points, or tokens, pokemon balls, or candy canes, or whatever the hell you get now  from running raids over and over to get the gear that's needed.   The bosses/mobs simply have more HP and hit harder, or they go through more 'phases" than the last, making people feel like there's more to it, when it's simply a game of musical chairs, spliced with some spell/attack ROTATIONS

(btw, the mere fact that there are "rotations" involved clearly nullifies any resemblance to skill being a necessity)

But, I was merely trying to get a straight answer, not insult.     But, if you're insulted, that's my answer.    sorry to bust your bubble.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by Ceridith

Because it diminishes the accomplishment.

Kind of like how these days every kid is given a trophy, even when they lose. Kind of diminishes the point of winning a trophy when people who didn't do as well or try as hard get the same.

It's bad enough that the gear is going to be handed out like candy on halloween from facerolling heroics.

What's the point of spending hours each week trying to clear content and gear up to be able to clear the current top end content, when in a few months you'll be able to stroll in there and faceroll through everything? The answer is exactly why people are starting to get fed up with WoW.

It takes a very fragile ego to resent someone else for having the same things that you have. When it's a non-tangible, virtual item that practically no one in the real world cares about, it really magnifies how ridiculous that jealousy is.

I understand that it's something people care about. They've put time and effort into achievements and gear, but just because someone else is getting the same reward a bit easier doesn't diminish your accomplishment, and it doesn't take away the fact that you had that gear for longer.

Keep in mind, you'll be done clearing the new content way before these other people finish the old stuff you've done already. So you can take pride in the new accomplishments that they won't be able to tackle until it's made easier for them again.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

The problem WoW has and will always have is the fact that there are a lot of people either not in a guild, or in a very bad guild, and they can't get into good ones without gear so they are kind of stuck. When the characters reach max level and can't raid because they can't get into a good guild what are they supposed to do? Dailies? Making the raids easier isn't that much of a bad idea, most people complain a lot when the raids are really hard (like when Ulduar came out).