Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Join a Corp

yahtzardyahtzard Member UncommonPosts: 36

Some have complained that there is not enough to do in game and my answer is always the same, Join A CORP!!!  I feel that new players who don't get into a corp are missing the best part of the game, Player Interaction.  This was originally a responce to a post of a new player who felt they could not get recruited because they were too green.

The political landscape changes fairly quickly but... here are a few corps that are active in the US time zone and I beliave take on new guys.

62nd - I'm here and I recruit new players.  We're a well established small/mid-sized corp, aggressive and without allies at this time (MOAR Targets!!!).  Selective recruitment, but you will not be judged on time in game.  We run events for new players, watch the events thread on the official forums.

FOOM - Similiar in nature, they roam often but these guys are less established.  I like their attitude and If your a new player who wants to join with other new players this might be the place (As of 5/24/2011).  I believe recuitment is still open.

MORTE - Not sure if they're still active or were absorbed but they appeared at one time to be a feeder corp for the largest alliance in game.  Unclear of the primary nationality. 

TOG - 25+ multi-gaming guild, you've probably seen them elsewhere... Well established and the CEO Omen recruits constantly, also a part of the largest alliance in game (I never see them doing anything but industry)

The learning curve can be steep compared to some other games and you may get frustrated early on but the sureest way to NOT get recruited is by whining or berating the game in a public channel.  If you need anything before joining a corp, ask in help channel (there are lots of people who want to help you)... You might get help by asking in general, or you might get trolled it's a mixed bag and depends who is online at the time. 

I'm assuming any corps not listed above will post below if they're actively recruiting new players.  Like above, try to keep it brief.

Comments

• w4spl3gw4spl3g Member Posts: 60

All of the corps listed are actively recruiting there are also quite a few others in the Recruitment channel.

Currently Playing: Perpetuum
    MMOs Played (most time spent to least): World of Warcraft (BG/Open world PvP focused), Lord of the Rings Online (PvMP focused), Warhammer Online (BG PvP focused), Global Agenda, Age of Conan, DC Universe Online (PvP focused), Runes of Magic, Allods, Aion, Fallen Earth