Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something like Fantasy Earth Zero?

FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

I really liked Fantasy Earth Zero, but Gamepot stopped publishing it =(

"Fantasy Earth Zero is a 3rd-person action MMORPG. There is a large emphasis on PvP on a massive scale. Armies of up to 50 players, each from their own Kingdom, can go head to head in a type of war known as "Kingdom vs. Kingdom." The KvK battles are balanced so that, on the battlefield, one side will have 50 players max and the opposing side will have 50 players. KvK battles are all held on the same server."

"One of the features of FEZ that makes it different from most other fantasy-setting MMOs on the Free-to-Play market, is that attacks must be aimed manually, and there is no auto-attack. Players manually aim at their opponent and then click the left mouse button to attack. Various special abilities become available to the player as they level up and gain Skill Points. Skill Points are spent to learn new abilities"  

"Kingdom battles also have many elements that are similar to a RTS game. Players "mine" crystals by crouching next to a giant crystal. After a certain number of crystals are mined, players must trade crystals with each other to get the appropriate amount of crystals they need to build a structure or summon a unit of war. Units of war are essentially "Summons" like in Final Fantasy games, but the Wraith and the Giant require structures to be built before they can be summoned. When a player character summons a unit, they assume the form of the summon and directly control its action."

--From wikipedia

Also, your nation got territory that you could explore and grind in if you won wars. It had an okay PVE element and was open-world (meaning you didn't go to a hub and pick a game to join or anything like Gunz...I don't really like those).

Does anyone know of any games like Fantasy Earth Zero? =o

Thanks.

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

FEZ was good if your a melee, if you were an archer god help you, with how the arrows fly at 1 mph and all u had to do was side step 1 cm to dodge. Same for mages with the single target spells. Good luck hitting anything. Manualy targeting is fine but not when the projectiles fly so ungodly slow that you have to be an idiot to get hit by them.

Anyway, to answer your question, none that I know of.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Siveria

FEZ was good if your a melee, if you were an archer god help you, with how the arrows fly at 1 mph and all u had to do was side step 1 cm to dodge. Same for mages with the single target spells. Good luck hitting anything. Manualy targeting is fine but not when the projectiles fly so ungodly slow that you have to be an idiot to get hit by them.

Anyway, to answer your question, none that I know of.

There were some *really* good archers in the game =(

Unbelievable mages too.......

People didn't give the game a chance, and that's why it got closed down....

I was bad at magic and archery too, but they were very solid classes, some even said over-powered. We both just had really bad aim. I'd say to try to aim a little ahead of where people are running to hit them, but the game's dead now so you can't >.< 

If your enemy was *really* good at dodging someone with really good aim, then they also had very large and effective AoE attacks....some of which even burned or poisoned you for a massive amount of DoT *and* they were stackable. That goes for both mages and archers.

I posted something about FEZ on Mabinogi's forums too and someone said "but I felt like warriors got the short end of the stick because they had to be in melee range." =/ 

As for the speed of those arrows.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=143ryThSJUc  (Omer's not missing, he's just out of range xD I don't think he's concentrating on fighting, he's just showing people what's going on around him.)

Pretty much faster than any other ranged attack in the game I think? And warriors didn't really get in melee range at all unless they had to.....they used their ranged attacks. Maybe you lag.

• VenDyneVenDyne Member Posts: 51

You mean a mass war thing? The only one I know of is Aika Global as a F2P one.

You can check it out, but the thing is not in rooms or anything. Players from another nation actually attack your nation to grab your relics (nation buffs), and raids can happen ANYTIME. 

For now, I'm playing Aika, then Forsaken World when I want a relaxing game, and S4 League when I want to just sit back, and blast everything in plasma fury.

Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by VenDyne

You mean a mass war thing? The only one I know of is Aika Global as a F2P one.

You can check it out, but the thing is not in rooms or anything. Players from another nation actually attack your nation to grab your relics (nation buffs), and raids can happen ANYTIME. 

For now, I'm playing Aika, then Forsaken World when I want a relaxing game, and S4 League when I want to just sit back, and blast everything in plasma fury.

Thanks. Looks like Aika's the best F2P thing I'm gonna find right now, and it does look good :P