Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Competitive 1v1 in a FPS?

newbismnewbism Member Posts: 39

I'm looking to get into a game that has a competitve 1v1 deathmatch type mode (prefarbly with a ladder/rankings).  It can be a fps or something similair. Non strategy.

Any help? 

Comments

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

You could try Bloodline Champions, it's not a FPS though. 

1v1 sounds incredibly boring to me. I doubt there is much of a market for it. Usually on MOBA and FPSs, the more people on a match, the faster they are filled up. 

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

Very rare. Alot of games are clan PvP or just team based. You could always ask someone in a game to take you 1 on 1, I haven't ever played a 1 vs 1 FPS. Halo , thats about it. Star Wars Online also has 1 vs 1 but its with light sabers.

• RoCkYaFaCeRoCkYaFaCe Member Posts: 6

Quake Live

• FerritinCROFerritinCRO Member Posts: 9

enemy territory?

• VenDyneVenDyne Member Posts: 51

Most FPS games are usually team based, but maybe you can set it to 1on1? The maps, though, are team based, so they're extra large and may be slightly unusable for 1on1.

Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

As far as FPS go, TFC had the mulching servers, though most people tended to use Soldier for the matches.

Quake 3 had Tournament mode, I'm guessing Quake Live! has it too? I haven't been able to get on Quake Live! as PunkBuster keeps kicking me, so I can't say for sure.

I don't remember if UT has anything like this... but it may.

That's all off the top of my head.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Go for quake live. It's precisely what you are looking for!