Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Not That Bad

2»

Comments

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Originally posted by Garvon3

I understand basically what you mean but I'd like you to expand on it please.

Do you mean for levelling? Obtaining Pre-raid gear? Raiding?

As far as raiding, I've done the world boss thing and yeah...never again.

Basically, wow does leveling well. Its fun to level in wow , progression is even paced, there is no im out of quest moments, etc.

Its end game is not so great. Some people love it.. i find it tedious. I quite enjoyed DAOC, lotro, and a few other mmos end game... but simply grinding for loot in limited group sizes is rather lame .

See I just wanted to know what he meant by his opinion of over-use of instances, because like I said, I've done world bosses and never ever ever again. I've done WoW to death and don't need someone to explain it (no sarcasm, just truth).

I just don't view instances as a bad thing. In a perfect (game) world, they wouldn't be needed but anything that stops world boss camping is a good thing especially when there are bots to do the claiming. Poppable world bosses or things like RIFT's raid rifts are ok but wainting for a boss to appear and hoping you beat the bots is hopefully a thing of the past.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

So how many people who were upset with Cataclysm being the same old gear grind migrated over to Rift?

MMO expansions rarely, if ever, reinvent the wheel.  Everquest's 15 or however many expansions were just new leveling areas with more raids to conquer, so this concept is nothing new.  I'm not sure why WoW is catching flack for it.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

my comp is not good enough for Rift, but Im bored of Cata endless wait also...
    hope GW2 coming

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2