Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Empyrean Calling Officially Launched

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft and the Aion development team have announced that the latest game update, Empyrean Calling, has officially launched. The v2.5 patch brings updated graphics, new instances, new content and expanded features into the game. NCSoft also announced a 10-day free trial for new or former players looking to check the game out.

“Aion is not the same game we launched nearly 21 months ago, as each update we’ve released brings players exciting new features and content they’ve been asking for, and the Empyrean Calling is no exception,” said Dominic Wai, brand manager, Aion. “The new instances, quality of life updates and the unique mentor reward system are only a few of the features players will experience when logging into the game today, and these are game changing features we are really excited to introduce to our players.”

Read more on the Aion site.

Ed Note: As of this writing, the Aion site is down for maintenance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Aion burned a lot of us pretty bad but each step closer to visions is a step closer to the game I originally thought I had bought. This is the best update so far and is really pulling me back in.

• flamebeauxflamebeaux Member Posts: 13

alright ill come back to this game, i hope i wont be disappointed XD

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Can the 10-day trial be applied to existing accounts?

<3

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I think the trial is just a new account trial

• Eldonan85Eldonan85 Member Posts: 32

As a current player of Aion, and also one who has stayed with it since launch, I can honestly say it has come a long way, I stuck with it through very doubtful times with Aion, not knowing where it was going to go, and it went better than I thought, so when u come back, I promise you will not be dissapointed, at least in some arena of Aion.  It's the best and my all time favorite mmo thus far, and I came from City of Heroes, and done many beta's including rift.  Tera I am looking forward too, and GW2, and I think Aion will be able to compete with the new stuff coming out, which might be bad for me, becuase it gets hard to play more than one mmo lol. 

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

I came back on april following the reactivation week. I have to say aion have matured into a fine mmo. FYI i quit after 1 month when i play it at launch but now i'm loving it ^^

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

I have to say that Aion is the only post-WoW MMO that I've kinda missed after quitting, thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Am planning on resubbing with a friend in the next couple of days and roll new chars to experience all the new stuff, anyone who wants to reroll (or is new to the game) send me a PM, maybe we can play together! (EU server)

• PrintscreenPrintscreen Member UncommonPosts: 100

Are the servers still located in Texas or wherever they moved it to? One I reason I quit was the gigantic raise in ping, from 50ms average to 300-500ms (depending on people present). No way in hell can you pvp as an Asmo effectively while lagging. Bad enough when I was outnumbered but to lag also was a kick in the nuts.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

is it still the case of step out of the lvl 20 cities(can't remember names)and take a pasting off some lvl 50 low life waiting to gank lvl 20's to make himself feel like he can do pvp?if not then i,m interested.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Originally posted by kevjards

is it still the case of step out of the lvl 20 cities(can't remember names)and take a pasting off some lvl 50 low life waiting to gank lvl 20's to make himself feel like he can do pvp?if not then i,m interested.

This hasnt been the case since 2.0. Though i have noticed that the total lack of rifting pvp has actually hurt the game since so many are bored with the more limited pvp options available.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

from the very little i've seen so far they are doing a fine job improving the game which was quite lackluster @ its inception, at launch it was only enough to keep me for about 60 days, now i have a feeling i might have found my second sub (alongside eve) for the next year or so.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Aion site is down.

Anyways does Aion have Free Character Cosmetics, or Free Character Customization now, and hair chagnes without NC Soft Nickel & dime its playing customers or is it still the same because with the boredom I am more than willing to return if all basic character customizations were made free.

But I am not going to play NC Soft's game of Nickel & Dime pay us Extra cash so we can go buy more donuts.

I am really waiting for NC Soft to make basic character customizations such as Shape, Hair,  and everything else free excluding race, or gender changes and I am good to go back but until then I am not paying NC Soft a penny for anything and it might as well just go Free 2 Play, and my money is best put with a company that is going to give more for the money, and I really don't care if it uses cryo engine because a lot of games like that have all kinds of hacks anyways and Aion has plenty of those, and sure Aion might have the best character customization but Tera, and other games are coming out which will offer more content and better designed without the Greed I think.

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

I dislike what they've done to the character customization options.  Having "realistic"-looking characters and manga-like characters in the same world?  The ability to make your character look like a small child? As an immersionist, I will never play Aion again and I will never recommend it (except to those probably-pedophiles who ask for playable child characters in other games' forums).

2015 edit: I played it again. lol

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by katriell

I dislike what they've done to the character customization options.  Midgets were bad enough, but this...  Having "realistic"-looking characters and manga-like characters in the same world?  The ability to make your character look like a small child?

As an immersionist, I will never play Aion again and I will never recommend it (except to those probably-pedophiles who ask for playable child characters in other games' forums).

My girlfriend was actually saying the exact same thing when we tried the game at launch.

She absolutely hated the pedophilic female armor in this game, looking like child prostitutes.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Is the leveling faster??  This is one thing that makes me quit Aion and WoW !!!

In the other hand, LOTRO was making me max level because of its storying driving you towards and faster leveling time.

I am not looking for max level in 1 week, but at least I don't wanna stay in one area doing the same thing over and over again.  I want more variety of the envrionment.

• MellexxMellexx Member Posts: 27

I had a copy laying around from back when 2.0 was released with 45 days of game time that I never used as well as got a second free account with 45 days sent to me from nvidia. Decided to give it a try since the last time I played was on a private server back in 1.5's days and on a trial for a few days on retail later when it still sucked. I'm pretty impressed with the changes, but I don't think I'd pay for any time but free 45 days of play on 2 free accounts is FTW