Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge CBT3 Client Interface + Livestream

RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175

Only a few hours are left until the next CBT. The beta testers have cleaned their tables, over-clocked their PC's, increased their internet speed, just for ArcheAge. To be short - everyone is ready. However, we do not forget our website. It has been noticed, that the client decoration is changing every beta test. For the 3rd CBT, the developers have created a few landscapes, which load randomly at the login menu. We are showing them to you, so that you have something to look at, before the CBT starts (8 pictures).

And this is not all yet! We now have confirmed information, that the developers have lifted the NDA for the 3rd Closed Beta Test. And that means, that you will get tons of news and reviews from AA portal starting from tomorrow. And lots of videos!!!

As soon as the Closed Beta Test starts, we will launch multiple live streams and you would be able to look and influence at the real game-play with no editing.

You can view all the login screens here.

Comments

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Ooh very sexy, thank you Romtim. I really do like the screenshot of what appears to be a small lake/pond around a cave, and the effect of the sunlight through the trees in the forest one is lovely.

Should be an interesting week ahead. I only wish I could be beta testing. Can't speak Korean though.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Can't wait 11hours left, to bad thats too early for me. hope to find a good Stream tho

AA is definitelly on my list when it comes to : next MMO sub

• anthonyman6anthonyman6 Member UncommonPosts: 73

I can't even express how excited I am to watch these live steams.

Too bad I don't know Korean. Ugh.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

The game looks good, its a shame about the combat though.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Looking forward to watch the Livestream. Keep it up Romtim. :)

(Gosh, those screens are beyond amazing...)

• rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Shit. Its going to be about 6.AM (AM is morning right) when the live stream starts. I am going to miss it.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

I watched some of Fallanx's livestream (http://booncontrol.com/pages/fallanxaastream/) and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that the game didn't at all look Asian. Animations also seemed fluid en the world looked amazing.

Though it seems a bit grindy and apart from the new features it seems like a very tradional MMO... but I can live with that :)

• VeryllVeryll Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by Juulpower

I watched some of Fallanx's livestream (http://booncontrol.com/pages/fallanxaastream/) and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that the game didn't at all look Asian. Animations also seemed fluid en the world looked amazing.

Though it seems a bit grindy and apart from the new features it seems like a very tradional MMO... but I can live with that :)

I've watched the same stream, and i didn't see anything that suggested that the game was grindy at all, it seems like a traditional quest based game as for levelling

I really love the look of the game, although a few animations could use adjusting, especially the running animation for humans, that just looks retarded :P

But everything i've seen and read about this game makes me believe that it could be very successfull over here, atleast on paper :)

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Yes...the new features are simply too many and important as well as the endgame to be a traditional MMO. I think once you spend some time with the game you will realise the differences are a bit more than farming and building

• Lexxer76Lexxer76 Member Posts: 7

Pretty game, but i was expecting better combat systems instead of another clone.

• Combat looks like RIFT/WoW. So far everyone is soloing and combat is tab, hot button, cool down. Mobs are leashed and just seem to roam aimless in fields waiting to be slaughtered. Absolutly nothing new here.

• Quest hubs galore, quest tracker and even quest helpers/pointers. 

• Killing mobs for EXP not even close to good as grinding quests confirmed on AA portal - another quest grinder? Really?

• Linear zone progression confirmed (At least for pre 20 levels)

• Instanced dungeons and battlegrounds

Did we really need another one of these? I just don't think adding houses and farms to Rift or WoW makes it a sandbox (or a sandpark) .

• VeryllVeryll Member UncommonPosts: 21

It's easy being a critic, while i agree you have some interesting points i don't agree with them at all.

Originally posted by Lexxer76

Pretty game, but i was expecting better combat systems instead of another clone.

• Combat looks like RIFT/WoW. So far everyone is soloing and combat is tab, hot button, cool down. Mobs are leashed and just seem to roam aimless in fields waiting to be slaughtered. Absolutly nothing new here.

While it is tab targetting combat, i don't really see why this is so bad, it's a tried and tested system that works, of

course mobs are leashed and run around aimlessly, what did you expect, they have always done this, and there is

no need to change this

• While i agree that quest helpers/pointers is not needed, what is wrong with having quest hubs, while i tends to make the experience more on rails, that's not a given, but for the most part i agree here, but i have a hard time coming up with something that would work better

• Killing mobs for EXP not even close to good as grinding quests confirmed on AA portal - another quest grinder? Really?

• Again i don't see the problem here, while it would be great having grinding and questing be equal, lets face it, there are very few people who enjoys endlessly killing mobs, there would have to be more of them wandering aimlessly around, and that is something you seem to dislike.

• This point i agree with completely, if that is true, that seems like a very bad thing, i've always hated that. I would love to be wandering around the first zone and exploring, when i find mobs much higher level than me, this gives reason for higher level players to come back to the zone again later, and helps prevent the feeling of empty zones when the population is settled.

• I really don't see this as a bad thing, while i hope there are non-instanced dungeons also, i have no problem with instanced dungeons either, they are also a system that are very well accepted today.

Did we really need another one of these? I just don't think adding houses and farms to Rift or WoW makes it a sandbox (or a sandpark) .

I see alot of critique in your post, but no suggestions to as how it could be better, it always easy to say that you don't like something, but much harder giving constructive idea's/suggestions as to how to improve things.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by revy66

Yes...the new features are simply too many and important as well as the endgame to be a traditional MMO. I think once you spend some time with the game you will realise the differences are a bit more than farming and building

What are the endgame differences?

• UknownAspectUknownAspect Member Posts: 277

People need to stop looking at all MMOs like they are a race to end game and you need to grind to get anything done.

Developers have constantly made additions to MMOs to allow people to play as they want, and AA is no exception to the rule.  

Yes, there are quests, and they tell a story as is now tradition with quests.  But like all MMOs, you aren't obligated to do the quests.

AA is built so that players can play however they want.  Grinding mobs will give you xp, exploring will give you xp, crafting will give you xp, everything gives xp.  When are players going to realize that xp is an afterthought.  You should be playing the game, not constantly trying to advance.  Advancement comes along with playing.

And then someone will complain how it's just another quest grinder.  Well there is a lot more to the game than quests, doing quests is just one route.  But in AA, if you feel like just going out into the world building yourself a house and developing a small farm to create your own business, you can, no questing required.

The only grinding anyone ever has to do is the grinding they choose to do.  Players need to reevaluate their goals in MMOs.  Do you want to just be max level and better than everyone?  Or do you want to just have fun?

MMOs played: Horizons, Auto Assault, Ryzom, EVE, WAR, WoW, EQ2, LotRO, GW, DAoC, Aion, Requiem, Atlantica, DDO, Allods, Earth Eternal, Fallen Earth, Rift
    Willing to try anything new

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Originally posted by Veryll

It's easy being a critic, while i agree you have some interesting points i don't agree with them at all.

While it is tab targetting combat, i don't really see why this is so bad, it's a tried and tested system that works, of

course mobs are leashed and run around aimlessly, what did you expect, they have always done this, and there is

no need to change this

• While i agree that quest helpers/pointers is not needed, what is wrong with having quest hubs, while i tends to make the experience more on rails, that's not a given, but for the most part i agree here, but i have a hard time coming up with something that would work better

• Again i don't see the problem here, while it would be great having grinding and questing be equal, lets face it, there are very few people who enjoys endlessly killing mobs, there would have to be more of them wandering aimlessly around, and that is something you seem to dislike.

• This point i agree with completely, if that is true, that seems like a very bad thing, i've always hated that. I would love to be wandering around the first zone and exploring, when i find mobs much higher level than me, this gives reason for higher level players to come back to the zone again later, and helps prevent the feeling of empty zones when the population is settled.

• I really don't see this as a bad thing, while i hope there are non-instanced dungeons also, i have no problem with instanced dungeons either, they are also a system that are very well accepted today.

I see alot of critique in your post, but no suggestions to as how it could be better, it always easy to say that you don't like something, but much harder giving constructive idea's/suggestions as to how to improve things.

Sigh*, I'm glad that there are very few people who believe, "Things work, let's just do that for the rest of eternity".

Originally posted by UknownAspect

People need to stop looking at all MMOs like they are a race to end game and you need to grind to get anything done.

Developers have constantly made additions to MMOs to allow people to play as they want, and AA is no exception to the rule.  

Yes, there are quests, and they tell a story as is now tradition with quests.  But like all MMOs, you aren't obligated to do the quests.

AA is built so that players can play however they want.  Grinding mobs will give you xp, exploring will give you xp, crafting will give you xp, everything gives xp.  When are players going to realize that xp is an afterthought.  You should be playing the game, not constantly trying to advance.  Advancement comes along with playing.

And then someone will complain how it's just another quest grinder.  Well there is a lot more to the game than quests, doing quests is just one route.  But in AA, if you feel like just going out into the world building yourself a house and developing a small farm to create your own business, you can, no questing required.

The only grinding anyone ever has to do is the grinding they choose to do.  Players need to reevaluate their goals in MMOs.  Do you want to just be max level and better than everyone?  Or do you want to just have fun?

If you assume that playing animal crossing(farming) is fun for everyone that's fine. I think this game is definately aimed at a specific group of players which is fine, they found their niche.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by onehunerdper

Combat looks like RIFT/WoW. So far everyone is soloing and combat is tab, hot button, cool down. Mobs are leashed and just seem to roam aimless in fields waiting to be slaughtered. Absolutly nothing new here.             While it is tab targetting combat, i don't really see why this is so bad, it's a tried and tested system that works, of             course mobs are leashed and run around aimlessly, what did you expect, they have always done this, and there is             no need to change this Quest hubs galore, quest tracker and even quest helpers/pointers.  While i agree that quest helpers/pointers is not needed, what is wrong with having quest hubs, while i tends to make the experience more on rails, that's not a given, but for the most part i agree here, but i have a hard time coming up with something that would work better Killing mobs for EXP not even close to good as grinding quests confirmed on AA portal - another quest grinder? Really? Again i don't see the problem here, while it would be great having grinding and questing be equal, lets face it, there are very few people who enjoys endlessly killing mobs, there would have to be more of them wandering aimlessly around, and that is something you seem to dislike. Linear zone progression confirmed (At least for pre 20 levels) This point i agree with completely, if that is true, that seems like a very bad thing, i've always hated that. I would love to be wandering around the first zone and exploring, when i find mobs much higher level than me, this gives reason for higher level players to come back to the zone again later, and helps prevent the feeling of empty zones when the population is settled. Instanced dungeons and battlegrounds I really don't see this as a bad thing, while i hope there are non-instanced dungeons also, i have no problem with instanced dungeons either, they are also a system that are very well accepted today.

Sigh*, I'm glad that there are very few people who believe, "Things work, let's just do that for the rest of eternity".

While it is nice to have changes, but to have change just to have change is not always a good thing. Aka look a Tabula Rasa.. Also I rarely see anyone making suggestions on how to improve / change the systems to something that would work better.

While its nice just pop on and say I want change.. Not putting out ideals on what to change things to is no way to help improve the genru.

Originally posted by onehunerdper

no need to change this

its like the new car commercial, forget the brand, where everyone "just settle's for the first thing" lol

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Honestly, after reading more and watching the videos, this game is really starting to look like Aion sans wings with some traditional sandbox elements thrown in.  I hope I'm wrong, but the core and focus of the game really seems more themepark than sandbox right now.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Kuppa

If you assume that playing animal crossing(farming) is fun for everyone that's fine. I think this game is definately aimed at a specific group of players which is fine, they found their niche.

If you assume that meeting every night under roofs for bosses waiting to be killed and going on a massive loot cycle over and over and over again is fun for everyone then that is not fine at all.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

People have fun getting to max level and being better than everyone.  Theres many reasons to enjoy playing a game and losing tends to never be on that list. =p

Most people play a video game knowing theyre going to "advance" in some way be it bigger axes, better guns, a new spell and that list also goes on and on.

A game without advancement is boring. Whats the point? 

I could enjoy an MMO without an xp bar or damage numbers as long as theres some form of advancement be it appearance, weapons, maps (variety, randomized dungeons like Diablos were awesome), new creatures to fight, that list goes on too. Not within days but hours. I think Diablo 2 had a great advancement pace. A continuous flow of awesomeness.

Its gotta be hard for developers and all the staff (i dont know all the titles) to make a game but if theyre actual game players they should know better than when to screw things up. PvP balancing destroying PvE? WTF! lol =p I'd have to go into another discussion tho about how i feel world PvP should have seperate rules (no balance) than instanced PvP.

Everybody wants to feel powerful in the games they play and you cant get that without forms of advancement. =p

I know i dont have fun with the idea of playing a game to spend hours moving wood from A to B and dont get me started. =)

Other than that your post is awesome! =)

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• flamebeauxflamebeaux Member Posts: 13

looks nice and from people have said from the systems in this game it looks like it can be another WoW clone but, I do not beleive in premature reviews when they themselves have yet to try it. Im going to give it try when it comes out. Im sure it can't be that bad. then again, aion did that to me after a year of playing that

If you assume that meeting every night under roofs for bosses waiting to be killed and going on a massive loot cycle over and over and over again is fun for everyone then that is not fine at all.

What I'm trying to bring to the conversation is that I think this game seems to have a niche community they are aiming for.

• BeerheadBeerhead Member Posts: 8

I had REALLY high hopes for this game, to the point where I just accepted the fact that I wouldn't get invested in another MMO until it came out. But, after reading this I am 100% certain that I will not be spending a dime of my money on anything related to AA.

What I'm trying to bring to the conversation is that I think this game seems to have a niche community they are aiming for.

It might not be niche. You can't really say EVE is a niche game, can you? You think this game is aimed at very few people and only a handful of people enjoy this playstyle. This is not true, games like MO and DF are niche because of almost non-existant production values not because they provide something very few people enjoy. I can personally tell you I've never played a sandbox game and I am very excited for this one.

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175

show me a game with not linear zone progression. When you start of with level 901340 mobs around you, between level 1 mobs.