Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did anyone else notice?

onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Looking at videos and styles and such, this game looks like a cell shading rip off of Global Agenda.  Maybe they'll do it better, but it looks like a total copy of the GA, with maybe a little Asian, over the top flare.

Not knocking FF, because I have no doubt it will play better, and baring some horrible horrible screw up, I don't think that it could possibly be as boring as GA becomes after the first few weeks (maybe days) of playing, but I couldn't help but think that the designers of FF made their game pretty strongly resemble GA.

Edit:

Firefall

Global Agenda

Firefall

Global Agenda

Comments

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Originally posted by onehunerdper

Looking at videos and styles and such, this game looks like a cell shading rip off of Global Agenda.  Maybe they'll do it better, but it looks like a total copy of the GA, with maybe a little Asian, over the top flare.

Not knocking FF, because I have no doubt it will play better, and baring some horrible horrible screw up, I don't think that it could possibly be as boring as GA becomes after the first few weeks (maybe days) of playing, but I couldn't help but think that the designers of FF made their game pretty strongly resemble GA.

Not even close. It looks a lot like UT 04 , a cell-shaded version of UT. From the character design  , to weapons , maps etc ...

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Firefall has guns and people to shoot at.  It is definitely a rip-off of Counter-Strike... or Quake... or Duke Nukem...

My point is that the art is rarely a distinguishing factor in FPS games.  The gameplay is what really matters because that is where a shooter game really has to make itself different from all the other shooters.  Games that copy the gameplay but change the art end up feeling stale too fast.

I have high expectations of Firefall from watching the videos, but none of us can know how good it will really be until the NDA is lifted.

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Originally posted by alextodo

Originally posted by onehunerdper

Not even close. It looks a lot like UT 04 , a cell-shaded version of UT. From the character design  , to weapons , maps etc ...

Really?

Firefall

Global Agenda

Firefall

Global Agenda

I think it has a strong resemblance

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

as a artist, i dont see it. the style is way different.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

I would say the art and not the art style is the same (if that makes any sense?). While the engines are rendering them differently I can definately see what you mean, especially with the jetpack design.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

i know what your saying but, if you look at the art concepts the armors really look like add ons. its not a full on exo armor.

the style is very anime exo/mecha. the backpack is the core on firefall, i really doubt they copied GA

also, i have drawn smilar style tin can backpacks before. which i saw on mecha animes. i would say its not rare.

• XzitoXzito Member Posts: 43

the game play vid the mechanic look exactly the same also team boost medic healing , Mines etc.

but well see as soon it comes out :)

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

They are just SciFi Armors, they can't be any other way. Plated and shinny. Take any Mass effect screenie or Earthrise, they will have similarities with those ones too.

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Originally posted by alakram

They are just SciFi Armors, they can't be any other way. Plated and shinny. Take any Mass effect screenie or Earthrise, they will have similarities with those ones too.

I'm not so sure, the actual designs seem similar to me.