Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft

NoMerciNoMerci Member Posts: 8

Does anyone else here play it? I can't help but think that it'd be include as an MMO, what with user owned servers and such. What's your take on it?

I think it's one of the top single player games you'll find, especially under tersm of customization. Ooh the possibilities!

;3

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Not really an MMO, since there isn't really the ability to hold THAT many people on one server. It's more of a mini building simulator with online capabilities. It's a very fun game, with a lot to do. Just wouldn't consider it an MMO.

• SupergrassSupergrass Member Posts: 110

Minecraft is shaping up to be a very good game. And I think in a few months or so when Notch releases the source code + whatever the game will become even more amazing.

But I wouldn't call it an mmo. Maybe in the future?

Currently Playing:

Nothing.

• PokketPokket Member Posts: 80

It's definitely multi-player. I'm not a huge fan of the single-player. I think it gets kind of boring. I did enjoy playing on a server with other people, though.

Youtube: PokketProductions | Twitter: @Pokketsays | Facebook: Pokketsays
  • Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

honestly one of the best games ive played in a while... but once you get the hang of it...

you have your own castle,

surrounded by a wall of stone,

then expand to create a mini city around it,

with a wooden wall around it to protect the imaginary inhabitants...

and then you venture out and you end up creting a 64 unit diameter 1/2 sphere (with glass cubes) to make a biosphere and

plant a bunch of trees inside,

then make a stone piramid 40 units high... underground....

with a portal to the nethers at the center of it...

then go on to build a keep inside the nethers....

all while in hard mode... you kind of get bored of it. 

im now making plans to build a caravelle and a whole dock that goes with it right behind the city...

you will realise that the best part of the game is the first 2 nights

after that its just builder simulator since you are pretty much safe with all the traps that kill all the creepers, skeletons and zombies that come near your structure (and to add to that you have devised water canals that deposit all the loot in the basement of your city warehouse... lol ( i should put screenies)

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Minecraft is awesome, but atm its just really a building sandbox.

Check out Terraria. Its Minecraft with an actual game type setup. Better combat ton more weapons and just way easier to get going.