Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So How I'm supposed to enjoy MMO ?

MMO is all about community, sadly that the thing that i can't experience

My Real Life friends have no interest in mmo games and i can't get them to play, the only thing they consider it a game is Facebook casual games and some play FIFA and that it.

Well that ok I can make friends in-game, which is apparently much more difficult than I expected

In all free mmorpg I found 90% of the community doesn’t know English

I know my English is crappy ((my Third language)) but still people understand me

And the other 5% write in much abbreviated    language, even verbs didn’t escape from the abbreviation.

While the other 5% are in guilds and don’t want to group with outsider and when I try to join a guild I need to be at certain level which is usually near the level cap so I’m supposed to solo my way grinding to actually enjoy raids & group pvp .

Tried Free trial P2P MMORPg where the starter Zone are wasteland with no signs of another player

I’m College student so I don’t want to take risk to buy new at launhc 50$  mmorpg so I can experience the same scenario in free mmo  which is better spent in actual Single play rpg like the witcher 2 , dragon age .

So either I’m right or doing something wrong which is why I made this thread.

Point me what I’m doing wrong ?

Comments

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

If we accept your premise and reasons as correct, namely that

1.  The only thing you enjoy in MMO's is community  and

2.  There is no community you enjoy in any MMO

Then your choices are simple.

Change what you enjoy, leave MMO's, or create your own little community in whatever game you pick.  Might be difficult but definately doable.

Venge

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

It's not you OP. You're not the problem. Many of the new age mmo players don't comprehend the notion that community was a big game element in old school mmos. Server reputation is gone. Sadly, the reason why community is diminishing and taking a bad turn is because of the game design towards solo gameplay. There is no incentive to group anymore. Players don't have to rely on other players while leveling up as much anymore. I also think thats another reason why a lot of end gamer players are very bad because they do not have the expierience to know their class within a group structure, act around people and play as a team.

Unfortuantaly OP, it seems at this very time you missed the golden age of mmos. Anything before WoW. Vanguard use to have a good community but that game is sadly dead in the water. EQ still has a great community but still acts on the premise in your OP. So it's not you, we need more players like you. Because community should be a major factor for mmos instead of this solo crap.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by supermedo

MMO is all about community, sadly that the thing that i can't experience

My Real Life friends have no interest in mmo games and i can't get them to play, the only thing they consider it a game is Facebook casual games and some play FIFA and that it.

Well that ok I can make friends in-game, which is apparently much more difficult than I expected

In all free mmorpg I found 90% of the community doesn’t know English

I know my English is crappy ((my Third language)) but still people understand me

And the other 5% write in much abbreviated    language, even verbs didn’t escape from the abbreviation.

While the other 5% are in guilds and don’t want to group with outsider and when I try to join a guild I need to be at certain level which is usually near the level cap so I’m supposed to solo my way grinding to actually enjoy raids & group pvp .

Tried Free trial P2P MMORPg where the starter Zone are wasteland with no signs of another player

I’m College student so I don’t want to take risk to buy new at launhc 50$  mmorpg so I can experience the same scenario in free mmo  which is better spent in actual Single play rpg like the witcher 2 , dragon age .

So either I’m right or doing something wrong which is why I made this thread.

Point me what I’m doing wrong ?

In Darkfall you have specially clans to join as new player learn the game and maybe make friends on EU-1 they realy help you.

But Darkfall is a free for all pvp game with full loot so maybe its to hardcore.

I know Saga of Ryzom players are nice and willing to help or team up with you if you want its more pve mmo, and FREE TO PLAY NOW no damn item mall so nice to try out i say.

Darkfall have 2 weeks freetrial.

Both games are sandbox

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well, when I play a MMO, I want to:

1. Explore a large world with lore and quests

2. Have cooperation and competition with other players in groups, guilds, raids, sieges etc

3. Learn how to play a complex class efficiently in many different situations

4. Improve my character to ever increasing power (levelup and better gear)

While a free for all PvP game with full loot isnt hardcore, its just boring. I still have no clue what Darkfall players actually want to archieve. Yes you can have battles and stuff. But as all you actually can gain in the game is learning your skills and then its over, whats the point ? Gear doesnt matter at all, anyway.

• frlifrli Member Posts: 3

Try Clan Lord. If you like 2D, and community, that is the game for you. New account is $14.95, after that it is free. If you are looking for community it is well worth it. You can try it out as demo char, hang out in town, talk to the exiles. Sometimes demo chars are taken on higher level hunts, too.

Oh yeah, everyone speaks english :D A good many as secondary, tertiary language as well. 

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

People stated above, it is all about the community. If you have a guild based PvP community, for a while you are going to be annoyed. But, if you can find a game where it evens out the community, you are good. There are dozens of MMO's out there where you have skills to level and worlds to explore, where if you slowly level, you'll still stay interested and joyful.

But if you are in a MMO where everyone is a high level troll, no offence, GTFO. People ruin games, take it from me, their amusement is to bash and make other people feel down-graded.

Thats why you have to experiment with a few MMO's until you find a user-friendly community and a game where its worth to attempt to reach high levels.

• supermedosupermedo Member Posts: 3

Thanks for everybody inputs

As you all said is all about the community 

Now I have question for experciend mmo player

The best way to join the community (Guild, clan…)

Do I go into game forums requesting to join or I ask in-game world or what

What the best approach to at least enjoy some mmo experience 

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

You could try the free trial of eve online, even has a variety of different language chat channels.

As for joining guilds it can depend on the mmo, but you will usually find more information on a guild in the forums.  And more active recruiting ingame.

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

EVE Online is a good suggestion from the poster above. You are automatically put into a Corporation with others, kind of a starter Corp (Guild). Also, EVE is very dependent on other players. You can solo, but it's much better to join up with others.

My other suggestion (for games other than EVE) would be to look in-game for a leveling guild. If you can find one, they are usually great for leveling up, while socializing with others. Be up front and let them know you intend to look for a raiding guild eventually. That way they won't be mift when you leave for one once you get to the level cap.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR

• VenDyneVenDyne Member Posts: 51

Yup, I've kinda noticed that too. Most games that I played, like Forsaken World, which I am currently playing on the side, allow you to play the game without ever having to rely on groups or making real friends in-game. The game is still fun, though it'll kinda downscore what makes MMORPGs great: playing with your friends from other places in the globe.

On the other hand, my other game, Aika Global, the community is very alive, but since it is a PvP game (nation vs nation), the most popular members are VERY, VERY adversarial when it comes to their enemies. A LOT of drama. I guess it's still good and is to be expected in a PvP game, though the politics can sometimes get a little out of hand (things get personal real quick).

Still, it all depends on the game. Most casual games (like Audition Dance Battle, Cardmon, Pangya, or anything like those) often let you play without necessitating long-term relationships. Either that, or it COULD just be me. I usually play a hybrid healer/glass-cannon class (the kind that usually gets abused for buffs and heals), so I view anyone who tries to add me as a friend as someone who just wants a free buff/heal slave on-call all the time. 

Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

• JVasquezJVasquez Member UncommonPosts: 20

Originally posted by Adamantine

Well, when I play a MMO, I want to:

1. Explore a large world with lore and quests

2. Have cooperation and competition with other players in groups, guilds, raids, sieges etc

3. Learn how to play a complex class efficiently in many different situations

4. Improve my character to ever increasing power (levelup and better gear)

While a free for all PvP game with full loot isnt hardcore, its just boring. I still have no clue what Darkfall players actually want to archieve. Yes you can have battles and stuff. But as all you actually can gain in the game is learning your skills and then its over, whats the point ? Gear doesnt matter at all, anyway.

Was WoW your 1st mmo?