Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a sub fee? [Mod Edit]

steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

Im thinking about getting this game and i was told that this game has been no monthly fees since launch. now, is there no monthly fees? and if there are, how much is it?

Comments

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

FFXI has been $12.95 since launch. FFXIV has no current sub fee, but will in the distant future.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by steeler989

Im thinking about getting this game and i was told that this game has been no monthly fees since launch. now, is there no monthly fees? and if there are, how much is it?

Learn to read Roman numerals.  FFXI has a sub fee, always has.  It is about $12.00 - $15 a month depending on how many characters you have.

FFXIV on the other hand, currently has no sub fee due to the game being overhauled as it flopped out the gate.  A sub fee will eventually be instituted, maybe.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

ok. thanks guys. any of you play xiv?

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

Originally posted by steeler989

ok. thanks guys. any of you play xiv?

XIV looks good, but has a really low population (not something many people want in a mmo), and it's very bugged/flawed currently. Check the XIV boards for better information. I haven't really played the game since it launched.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I don't play FFXIV right now, but I do hop in when they patch the game to see how the progress is coming along.  They still have a long way to go for me to have enough fun to stay logged in.  It's still a bit dull. and not the FFXI clone with better graphics/controls that we were all hoping for.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

One more question.

IS IT WORTH BUYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

its still a very group based game, the combat is slower paced, and the graphics are a bit dated.

Still a fun game but honestly its nothing compared to what it was, completely different game in every way.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Im told by friends that the game is still pretty lively, ive thought about buying it myself several times but i just havent. Its been on Steam sometimes for 5 dollars, totally worth it. Its 10 bucks tho right? Not a bad price at all.

And are these people sure FFXIV is free? I thought it was only free for the people that paid for it within the first two months of its release because of the problems. Its supposed to have a monthly sub.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

ABout the sub fee... It's € 12.99 per month. When you first subscribe, the fee is for the REST OF THE MONTH. So if you sibscribe on April 29th, your 1st month fee is for only the remaining 2 days. Better wait a few days and then start your sub early May ;-)

If FFXI is worth it? I think it is, but it's somewhat a must to know ppl in the game already, since the starter area's are quite dead and getting a party is somewhat hard. Getting a party from a high(er) level player is well done BTW, since the high(er) level player will be scaled down to your level completely

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Reizla

ABout the sub fee... It's € 12.99 per month. When you first subscribe, the fee is for the REST OF THE MONTH. So if you sibscribe on April 29th, your 1st month fee is for only the remaining 2 days. Better wait a few days and then start your sub early May ;-)

Can anyone tell me if it is still like this.  I know this was only posted a month ago but I've been hearing different things and can't find any solid info on the payment.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

Yes there is still a sub fee. You are probably thinking of Final Fantasy XIV, it is f2p atm.