Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT First Impression

Bob23106Bob23106 Member UncommonPosts: 30

CBT came out on the 28th April at 10:00pm GMT. When I first logged on, I felt let down by the graphics but after getting inside the game I found that you could change the graphics to 1920x1080 which is unusually rare for F2P games, after adjusting my graphics to the highest they would go, i was visually amazed by the stunning graphics especially for a F2P game.

Moving on to creating a charcter, when you first choose your class you have to guess which class is which by mindlessly clicking on each class as there is no names under the heroes at this time, this could be as it is CBT, all the class are gender locked so if you like being a male or female, you cant be picky on the class you want to be.  For charcter customisations its pretty standard you got about 12 hair choices and 12 face choices, with about 10 colours of hair and skin. So generally there isnt a whole lot but I expect Gpotatoe to release a whole lot of premium looks via their micro system once released. 

The most interesting part of the game for me is when you offically meet your anima which you gain at level 10. She is a small looking girl, who loses her memory, and your bond becomes ever stronger as the game progress. You get to name your Anima for free, and only once. They have a very basic customisation system, but you can purchase clothes, and wings and all other sorts of equips for your anima. You Anima levels seperatly to you, gaining about half the exp you gain when fighting monsters, Anima has skills like Buffs and increase HP regeneration as well as a few debuffs and a DOT skill. All crafting is done though your anima Cultivation and Cooking is the first 2 craft skills you gain. At this time im unaware of other skills. Eventually you will be able to summon Giga's to fight for you. I have only used a Giga once and it was when i was doing the prologue. When I used him, it was just amazing. In description he is a giant metel golem looking thing with a massive sword. When i say giant about 20x the size of your character. Very impressive and very overpowered when I used him.

Leveling is done via 4 methods Questing Grinding Dungeons or PVP. Questing seems dull and lifeless except for the main story books (LOTRO Rip Off) but as your go though the story books you see beautiful cinematics and impressive graphic cut sceanes. Grinding is typical, you fight some monsters a few levels high then you and you gain a little more exp and you stand there doing this for about a hour or so to level. Dungeons - I cant say anything about as i have yet to participate in one, although they are easy to get to just noone wants to do them for some reason. There are lots of them starting at level 5 going upto 80 every 5 levels. PVP - You gain a large amount of exp if you win as well as union points and blood points, which currently im unaware of what they are used for. If you lose you gain nothing, and the games seem to be one sided everytime I havent been in one where either Ive owned or been owned. 

So I hope this helps a few people in making the decision on waiting for OBT. I persoanlly think its a great game and you cant go wrong with F2P. So give it a go. 

Overall - 4/5

Questing - 2/5

Story Quests - 5/5

Graphics - 4/5

Audio - 4/5 

Comments

• fjcastelfjcastel Member Posts: 127

i guess i was really tired when i  started cheking it  got a bit bored fast but i will play it again today see if it grows on me

the only think that is goin to be a deal breaker unles they fix that is.

1. the male/female selection  i wanted to play a gunner but i be damn if i play as a girl is bad ennought my oculist look like boy george

2.the game is not very intuitive . granted i dont really like very easy games but on the prologe i was like OK WHAT I DO NOW? but once i got i to town was better

3.the timed mounts i dont like how mounts have expiration dates i can not play 24/7 i have to work :(

but over all is looking lik e is coming along just fine if they fix at least the gender thing i will give the game a shot once is out of beta

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by fjcastel

i guess i was really tired when i  started cheking it  got a bit bored fast but i will play it again today see if it grows on me

the only think that is goin to be a deal breaker unles they fix that is.

1. the male/female selection  i wanted to play a gunner but i be damn if i play as a girl is bad ennought my oculist look like boy george

2.the game is not very intuitive . granted i dont really like very easy games but on the prologe i was like OK WHAT I DO NOW? but once i got i to town was better

3.the timed mounts i dont like how mounts have expiration dates i can not play 24/7 i have to work :(

but over all is looking lik e is coming along just fine if they fix at least the gender thing i will give the game a shot once is out of beta

Lol, you too. Hell I couldnt even figure out if the Legionaire was male or female and that caster dude looked to much like a Justin Beiber stand in. So I just picked the beast dude and rolled with that, I kinda hate how they don't have darker skin tones for any of the classes.

• Bob23106Bob23106 Member UncommonPosts: 30

I agree they need to fix the issues with class locked genders this will be a issue and players will quit because of this, how hard is it to program mixed genders EVERY GAME PRETTY MUCH HAS IT. I also agree is the legionairee male or female? Someone tell me.

• gaara168gaara168 Member UncommonPosts: 47

looking at the screenies i thought hey f2p this is kind acool i got in set my graphics to high and adjust everything and still doesnt look as good as i hoped and im using a gefore nvidia 570X i mean i can play crysis and crysis 2 on max setting but man for what they where trying to advertise i feel let down and yea the class lock is retarted

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Asians tend to prefer "beautiful people." One of my female friends is hugely into K-pop, J-pop, and all of the dramas and many times I mistake the males for females. One time my friend was watching something and I said something along the effects of, "wow, she's really pretty" and my friend responded with: "Dude, that's a guy."

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• blezedlexblezedlex Member Posts: 15

thats why when you fall in love with an asian girl... better be sure if she's really a girl.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Played for about 30 min last night but really impressed with the game. Only problem was that during some of the cut scenes the voice would fade in and out and I can notice there are still some translation problems but hopefully this will be fixed by release. Overall first impression is pretty good.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Originally posted by fjcastel

1. the male/female selection  i wanted to play a gunner but i be damn if i play as a girl is bad ennought my oculist look like boy g

Usually the biggest deal breaker in MMO's for me.. I decided to give this one a try because its supposed to have a storyline or whatever.. First time in history I play as a female character in an MMO..

I guess its not so bad as long as they dont start making my weapons shoot streams of rainbows and hearts and unicorns..

I mean, come on, even LUCENT HEART (a game that's basically designed for females) gives players a choice of gender..

• fjcastelfjcastel Member Posts: 127

yeah i stating a gunner girl see how that goes... i prefer mele clas but i refuse to play that beast guy unless i can make it Look Like Lion O from the thundercats

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

[Mod Edit]

You do realize they're just translating/localizing the game right?

They're not going to change game mechanics or introduce a non gender based class system..

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Well, my emotions about this game went to excited and interested, to facepalming so hard my jaw hurts in about 10min of looking through information about the game.

Cool storyline, seemed interesting, and you get a pet who summons other pets...ok...im listining...

Wait..that pet is actually a prepubecent girl, who would get me dragged out of my house and gang-beat if anyone saw it though my window...ok...seriously would it kill koreans to give me the option for a cool looking or threatining looking sidekick? im not a 14 year old girl, and if this is their target market...please broaden your target market.

Gender locked classes....what...are we serious?  In this day and age, in 2011?  Oh and the genders are questionable? 

Never been let down so much so fast, without even playing the game. Why dont they throw in point and click movement only...make it a trifecta of everything i love about korean games...

And no, im not going to try the game.

What the fck are they smoking in korea? National pastime freebasing estrogen?  Korean americans are not like this, at least the ones i know...what the hell is going on over there?

Oh gpotato is hosting the game...mabey it is targeted towards 14 year old girls....what a waste of binary...

• pussiliciouspussilicious Member Posts: 31

Dudes, you guys are lucky to have a taste of the game. I can't even register after downloaded the game! Do something about it GPOTAO

• swangel17swangel17 Member Posts: 1

i totally agree with everyone! though i wonder if the Animas have their own personalities. I was a little disappointed that it didn't seem that way, however i know that it wasn't that bad. there was pretty good quality in terms of interface and graphics. though i had some lagging issues, probably due to the graphics card and the overall speed of my computer. though if i had to say if i recommend ARCANE SAGA....

it would be TOTALLY worth playing. it was a refreshing difference from the normal idea of RPG games then again RPG is a little different depending on the overall features of a game but the basic concept's the same. though i have played lots of RPG it was a distinguish difference though the naming of the monsters could use some work or rather maybe considering variation would be a good idea. other than that a really fun game.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

They totally mutilated the skill system in some half-arsed attempt to monetize the gameplay. The skill system wasn't an issue in Prius if you're looking at it from a balance perspective, so I can only assume that some kid with a hard on for his precious holy trinity has taken the reigns with the decision to paywall the flexibility of Prius's prior skill system.

That includes gutting the healers' ability to solo by taking out their damage skills.

I give it less than a year if they don't start doing business like grown-ups.