Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW will be blizzard's last great game......

BribarianIBribarianI Member Posts: 120

I've been a huge Blizzard fan since Warcraft 2.  Played that game 24 hours when I got it on Christmas.

World of Warcraft is a legendary game, but I think it's really morphed Blizzard into just another company.   I doubt most of the original developers for Blizzard are even still working there.

The Activision-Blizzard merger were followed right up by all the Bait-and-Switch cashgrabs.  This latest premium service is only more indication of where they're heading. 

Let's face it, Starcraft 2 really wasn't that great.  Mediocre at best.

Anyhow that's my prediction.  This Titan game will dominate the market for a few months, but I'm willing to wager it's going to be riddled with cashshops and whatnot. 

Comments

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

Not sure how you can say that Titan won't be a hit. It's nowhere near completion. The thing could be a 'titan'. 

But hey we all make assumptions...I thought "Crush Groove" would have beaten E.T. at the box office....

• sry bud wow isn't a great game unless you're going by number size.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Without knowing what Titan is how can you say that ?

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Obviously it won't be. For one, they have a lot of different people working on different games. Alot of the devs that people considered the "good" devs went to titan, so why won't that be a good game?

Starcraft 2 mediocre at best? Well really, I know this is opinion, but Starcraft 2 was great.  And also got overhwelming positive reviews.  Why was it bad? Because the gameplay wasn't revolutionary different from the first? Well thats kind of a good thing since the gameplay was great in the first place. Most of the people I see who bashed on the game( and their weren't many) did so because it was a blizzard game, much like this thread.

And I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm going to go out on a leg here and say diablo 3 will be just as addictively fun as diablo 2. But of course it will be bashed because everyone wants to make blizzard into some evil villian.

• BribarianIBribarianI Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by luro16

{mod edit}

It wasn't great.  In fact it was hardly average for an rts

Diablo 3 will sell, I never said the game won't sell.  I said they won't be like the originals.  D3 is having the pvp plucked out of it as well.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I will not make predictions, but will second the badness of SC2.

Lets put it this way me and my gammign buddies played d2 forever, sc forever, wow forever, and sc2 for like 2 months before we realized it was outdataed and offered less than other games on the market atm. Sure its got fandom but thats about it.

No reconnect... tall this being said we are all still playing lol.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I don't think titan will be as big as wow but it will still be bigger than anything else.

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

Are you braindead?  Starcraft 2 was bad?  Starcraft 2 will rank as one of the top 5 RTS games for the decade.  Everyone who reviewed the game gave it either a 4/5 or a 9/10 which is usually as high as sites will rate games.  It's possible you just don't like the RTS genre, that's fine.  But Starcraft 2 from start to finish and online play was and is amazing compared to ANY OTHER RTS OUT THERE.

If SC2 is a bad game you might either be deluded (with hate for Blizzard) or have an insanely high standard of games that no game can be good.

Anyway, Blizzard will continue to make great games.  Yes, World of Warcraft is a GREAT game.  If you want evidence of that look at the number of purchases of expansions (ever so increasing every expansion), compare their in-game suppot to any other MMO, compare the number of updates to any other MMO or a more finished product.

Blizzard will continue to make great products.  Starcraft 2 has two expansions due out.  Diablo 3 is coming out.  Diablo 1 and 2 was developed by Blizzard North (nolonger with Blizzard and has since bankrupted).  Diablo 3 will be coming out by Blizzard-Activision and will be stellar.

Titan will 100% be a success as long as it is opened up after World of Warcraft stops doing updates.

Blizzard isn't a one-trick pony.  Long before WoW came along they had tones of games, Lost Vikings, RocknRoll Racing, Blackthorne, Warcraft 1-3, Starcraft (and Brood Wars), and Diablo 1-2.  None of them have been as successful as World of Warcraft is but that shouldn't be a hit against their development.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by BribarianI

I've been a huge Blizzard fan since Warcraft 2.  Played that game 24 hours when I got it on Christmas.

World of Warcraft is a legendary game, but I think it's really morphed Blizzard into just another company.   I doubt most of the original developers for Blizzard are even still working there.

The Activision-Blizzard merger were followed right up by all the Bait-and-Switch cashgrabs.  This latest premium service is only more indication of where they're heading. 

Anyhow that's my prediction.  This Titan game will dominate the market for a few months, but I'm willing to wager it's going to be riddled with cashshops and whatnot. 

Everyone is allowed an opinion; Jut thing about what you have said logically and tbh prediction or not you sound a tad foolish.

If you went to a bookmaker ; and they looked at all the companies in the industry at the moment I am 99.999% sure that the shortest odds would be on Blizzard why do you ask because they have the track record...... and prescence.

• BizzlebuffBizzlebuff Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by jonesing22

sry bud wow isn't a great game unless you're going by number size.

QFT

Also, I agree about SC2, that was a pretty bad game but I'm sure it sold TONS of copies lo.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Nothing has been baited and switched.  Blizzard is a company, yes, but people work for this company.  Buisness men cannot design the concept art, renders, animations, music, and voice acting.  These things take artists and that is a big reason why I still play.  Yeah, I was baited by the game but I got what I expected...I didn't get anything less than a beautiful world to explore and plunder.  And the game mechanics are showing their age as gamers get wiser to the fact there can be another way to have a role other than the holy trinity but the boss encounters are still engaging and challenging to most.  Blizzard is a company though, with investors to appease, and they do their best with an outdated product.  Is the UI still the most ituitive and fluid and not a clunky mess like games released much later? Blizzard still sets the standards for production quality....that is...until arenanet releases guild wars 2.

Bait-and-switch?...give me a break.

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137

Originally posted by troublmaker

Anyway, Blizzard will continue to make great games.  Yes, World of Warcraft is a GREAT game.  If you want evidence of that look at the number of purchases of expansions (ever so increasing every expansion), compare their in-game suppot to any other MMO, compare the number of updates to any other MMO or a more finished product.

By that logic, Farmville is the greatest game ever made.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Imagine that ... at least it would be nice food for dramatic topics on mmorpg.com in the coming years.

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Given how mediocre both Dragon Age 1 and 2 were I'm much more concerned about Bioware's future and TOR. Blizzard has made great games for about 2 decades and in some ways they still seem to operate like an independent developer. Their success has allowed them to say "We'll release the product when it's awesome and not before".

It would be easier to complain about the lack of any revolutionary ideas if people were doing the original ideas well enough in the first place. Diablo 2 is still the best multiplayer hack and slash online RPG. That's silly.

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Originally posted by BribarianI

Before knocking Starcraft 2,you might have prefaced your comment with an "imo" as there are many who would disagree with that statement and I am one of them. As far as I'm concerned, Starcraft 2 "Rocks" :)  The only thing wrong with it,imo,is you have to be on-line even if you are playing just the single-player campaign.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Bizzlebuff

Originally posted by jonesing22

sry bud wow isn't a great game unless you're going by number size.

QFT

Also, I agree about SC2, that was a pretty bad game but I'm sure it sold TONS of copies lo.

How much time did you spend on SC2 exactly? 20 hours?

I don't see ANY reason to not like SC2 if you want a competitive RTS game. The game is the most balanced RTS out there and it has the best matchmaking system and league support. What other RTS is so highly competitive?? And people who play competitive games don't want variety. Variety is good as long as it doesn't come at the expense of balance. I mean I have played so many RTS games where you have a gazillion units yet you use only 2 of them -_- SC2 is both macro and micro intensive, requires good knowledge of the game and a solid strategy.

SC2 is a great game so WoW is not the last great game from Blizzard. Looking at their track record they have not made a single bad game in the DIablo, Warcraft or Starcraft series.

Originally posted by Krashner

You can't compare a free product to a paid one. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

I hate to say it cause they piss me off on a regular basis , but Blizzard is one of the best in the buisness. Of coarse they make mistakes nobody is perfect. Even Blizzard! There are some reall good MMORPG's out there that are top notch in quality. (Smooth gameplay , rich & artful designs , Tech support) Ive never seen it done better than Blizzard. Diablo2 was epic! WoW is , was as said Legendary! Two of one of my favorite games of all time. Im sure whatever Titan turns out to be..will be a sucess. No doubt in my mind about that.

Blizzard is doing this CS premium BS to keep people employed. Im sure lots of people got rich working for blizzard no doubt who are bathed in greed , but dont forget the little guys at blizzard. The Greed comes from the economy .. Company sells are down for all buisness. So the big guys at blizzard make the little guys come up with some way to make up for loss of sells. Get the sells up or lose your job. Now if you feel that blizzard is in the wrong for trying to find away to cut there losses. You mind as well quit eating at Mc'Ds also cause there double Cheeseburgers went up 30 cents. At least there not making the CS items game breaking like cough' Allods. cough'

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Well, thank god for this post.  I was thinking Titan, SC2 xpac, or anything else by blizzard might be great.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Dhaeman

Given how mediocre both Dragon Age 1 and 2 were I'm much more concerned about Bioware's future and TOR. Blizzard has made great games for about 2 decades and in some ways they still seem to operate like an independent developer. Their success has allowed them to say "We'll release the product when it's awesome and not before".

It would be easier to complain about the lack of any revolutionary ideas if people were doing the original ideas well enough in the first place. Diablo 2 is still the best multiplayer hack and slash online RPG. That's silly.

Since 2000, Blizzard has released only 4 games + expansions. Bioware has released 9, often with expansions too (and not counting non-pc games). And they are soon releasing their tenth. A very big one at that. I wonder how many of 9 Blizzard titles will end up being disappointing. As far as I know Bioware just screwed up with the latest Dragon Age game. The original Dragon Age was a pretty highly aclaimed and well received game.

p.s. have you ever played Titan Quest? Most people who have rate it as "Diablo 2.5".

• Endo13Endo13 Member Posts: 187

Originally posted by fivoroth

I don't see ANY reason to not like SC2 if you want a competitive RTS game. The game is the most balanced RTS out there and it has the best matchmaking system and league support. What other RTS is so highly competitive??

The answer to all of that is the original Starcraft. Which, by the way, still has considerably more active players worldwide than SC2. It's also considered to be way more balanced than SC2 by the players at the top of competitive play. 

And people who play competitive games don't want variety. Variety is good as long as it doesn't come at the expense of balance. I mean I have played so many RTS games where you have a gazillion units yet you use only 2 of them -_- SC2 is both macro and micro intensive, requires good knowledge of the game and a solid strategy.

And yet, the original Starcraft had variety and is still the best and most popular competitive RTS ever.

SC2 is a great game so WoW is not the last great game from Blizzard. Looking at their track record they have not made a single bad game in the DIablo, Warcraft or Starcraft series.

SC2 is also the ONLY Blizzard game since WoW, and the vast majority of players who've played both SC and SC2 seem to prefer the original. The one made over 10 years ago. The one that has 2D graphics, doesn't support wide-screen, heck doesn't support any high resolutions at all. But apparently, despite all these shortcomings, the gameplay itself is so superior to make up for the rest. SC2 is a solid game, but calling it "great" is probably a stretch.

Sure, the OP may not have the greatest of bases for his position that Blizzard won't make any more great games, but taking SC2 as the only counter-argument makes for an equally shaky position.

Only time (along with a few more Blizzard releases) will tell.

Originally posted by Krashner

You can't compare a free product to a paid one. 

Sure you can, if they're both for-profit. And Farmville has been very profitable.

• qwabeqwabe Member Posts: 2

I think Starcraft 2 is the best Blizzard game I have ever played. I have played over 1000 mp games now.

• OberonnOberonn Member Posts: 59

Um... Diablo 3 looks epic to me. Just about every gamer I know is waiting with bated breath to play D3.

Now will D3 generate WoW revenue? No, but that's because WoW will likely have just about every revenue record for a PC game for the next 5-10 years (if not longer).

Oberon

• NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236

What? Starcraft 2 came last year and it has brung new spirit to e-sports and the money is there. Everyone is playing it, everyone has it, everyone is looking at it. Starcraft 2 gave new fire to e-sports and you say WoW was the last great game of Blizzard? Thats total bullshit, fuck I hate these forums, people knows nothing around here.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Starcraft 2 is a pretty decent game. It's not as good as the first one i don't think, but it's not bad.  Diablo 3 looks to be a good game.  The new MMO will probably sell alot of copies also.  I think the problem with Starcraft 2 was all the hype that was built up before release.  People imagined a game of "omgbbqsaucenlazerspewpewpew" caliber, which no game can achieve.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Nicoo

What? Starcraft 2 came last year and it has brung new spirit to e-sports and the money is there. Everyone is playing it, everyone has it, everyone is looking at it. Starcraft 2 gave new fire to e-sports and you say WoW was the last great game of Blizzard? Thats total bullshit, fuck I hate these forums, people knows nothing around here.

Heres teh real question, who gives a crap about esports or the losers that actually think playing a videogame os some kind of sport, go play a real sport and get a life.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.