Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All text based ?

Ok have to say first post and first thread goes to me =)

Now is this all text base , no videos or screen shots ....anyone know ?

Comments

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I guess. They really need to stop giving this shit its own forum.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

Dave Barton and Kulpreet Singh | http://worldofthelivingdead.com

RPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel Q3 2011)  | Pub:Ballardia

PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a 

Browser Game  

^- bottem line... browser game.... aka text game the most you will see graphically will be flashy buttons like "new events" or such and static pictures of things.....

i dont know why people even consider a browser game an MMO or even a game.. cause most lack soo much content that an actual client based game has... its sad >>" 

while i do see browser games that are full 3d (though horribly laggy) as games... this game is totally text based. going by the screen shots of it.. may as well play it on your cell phone...

• bletsoniusbletsonius Member UncommonPosts: 53

missing the point as always... a good game has nothing to do with graphics, considering the fact that the greatest games of all times begun to sprout something like 15 years ago (and im not talking about pak man, or any other arcade for that matter) and most of what we play now is just a copy/evolution of an original idea with better graphics. Just think about great titles like Fallout 2, Arcanum, Ultima Online, Civilization I, Tottal Anihilation, Age of Empires I and so many others. Their graphics most of the time sucked but the game was one original piece of briliance! Fun hardly ever has anything to do with visualization than with imagination.

By all means, im not saying that there are any original and exeptional browser games at the momment (with the exeption of Tribal Wars maybe) nor that this will be an exeption to the rule, my only point is that your base of thinking is invalid.

• GezusGezus Member Posts: 10

Bah. Just go mud. It's way more fun. 

Telnet to - www.mozartmud.com   Port:4500

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Originally posted by Gezus
    Bah. Just go mud. It's way more fun. 

Telnet to - www.mozartmud.com   Port:4500

Had a lot of fun with MUD's back in the day. In character epic adventures. Getting hunted down by players for pledging my allegiance to the enemy, Hidding out and sneaking help, getting back stabbed. Was a lot of fun.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• AluviusAluvius Member Posts: 288

Play.net  has some of the better MUD's still running at this point.  They are pay subs though.  Gemstone IV and Dragonrealms are the two with the most population and dev attention.

• GezusGezus Member Posts: 10

Mozart mud is free, and has been around for 15+ years, it's very nicely put together. And by far the most user friendly mud I have ever player. (And I played ALOT) .. only problem is .. over the years. The player base has gone waaaaaaaaay down. Kinda sad really cause most muds have 500x the work put into them that ANY MMO today ever had. 

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Gezus

Mozart mud is free, and has been around for 15+ years, it's very nicely put together. And by far the most user friendly mud I have ever player. (And I played ALOT) .. only problem is .. over the years. The player base has gone waaaaaaaaay down. Kinda sad really cause most muds have 500x the work put into them that ANY MMO today ever had. 

well, while i agree that mozart is a great mud and would also recommend it, i wouldnt go as far as saying "it is the most user friendly mud" - mozart is imho pretty hardcore oldschool mud with harsh death penalty (expecially on higher levels), deathtraps and doing the avatar challenge (leveling last 11 levels) is really rather challenge :)

edit: typos

• StinglockStinglock Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by bletsonius

missing the point as always... a good game has nothing to do with graphics, considering the fact that the greatest games of all times begun to sprout something like 15 years ago (and im not talking about pak man, or any other arcade for that matter) and most of what we play now is just a copy/evolution of an original idea with better graphics. Just think about great titles like Fallout 2, Arcanum, Ultima Online, Civilization I, Tottal Anihilation, Age of Empires I and so many others. Their graphics most of the time sucked but the game was one original piece of briliance! Fun hardly ever has anything to do with visualization than with imagination.

By all means, im not saying that there are any original and exeptional browser games at the momment (with the exeption of Tribal Wars maybe) nor that this will be an exeption to the rule, my only point is that your base of thinking is invalid.

You seemed to miss the point of this thread nicely.

By all means run off on your tanget, just that it might be better directed towards a thread that doesn't require a yes/no answer.

In other news, http://www.die2nite.com/ is an awesome zombie survival game.

• SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203

Well i started off with a Text based RPG waaaayyy back in the day. And i have to say, i had more of an epic time on that game then most games nowadays. After a day of doing your Forest fights, Killing off other guilds, (and if you were like me) Bribing innkeepers to letting me into players rooms while the slept and murdering them. You would go into the INN where is was SO alive with Roleplaying. It was an experience i will never forget. Completley Epic.

It's still around.

Hiddenworld.com

I've gone back to it from time to time but it isn't like it used to be. Nobody roleplays or anything. Don't even see a real point in playing it without all that good stuff. But it was amazing in the day.

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

If u had made this statement 15-20 years ago, i would agree with you. At current with the millions of choices of games, this is no longer the case. Visual representation and eye candy have become a big factor towards contributing to a game's overall ability to deliver to its audience. Got to move with the times, things change.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• RebornDragonRebornDragon Member UncommonPosts: 121

Are there not enough freakin browser based games? I wish devs would ge the f away from the stupid browser based CRAP.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

They need to stop making these horrible browser games. Not all of them are bad. A lot are great social platforms, but stuff like this has been made a million times. Theres way too many zombie text games. Why hasnt there been a mmo one yet. Well, I guess I know why, but still.

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

Ehh a Zombie game that is text based.... why?

• LehoxLehox Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Emoqqboy

If u had made this statement 15-20 years ago, i would agree with you. At current with the millions of choices of games, this is no longer the case. Visual representation and eye candy have become a big factor towards contributing to a game's overall ability to deliver to its audience. Got to move with the times, things change.

There is a flaw in your opinion, if you say graphic quality is a strong point of interest, what do you want the next years to happen?

With the momentary progress in technology and thus the graphical availability in futher progressing the appearance, soon the only graphical update we can achieve would be the VRE (Virtual Reality Environement), what then? Nothing, we got our limits in the visual entertainment, at least for the human mind at it is.

I propose the same aspect to games as the one before me, a good game has nothing to do with graphical appearance, it must catch the instincts of a player to further want to play the game, then, only then, comes additional aspect as graphics, audio etc.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Threshold is still the best MUD out there and worth every cent for the role players out there where you need nothing but imagination as there is no graphics. Would highly reccomend it for anyone who wants to play a charater and get into it as it has a required role play community. So, as far as text based online games are concerned that would be the only choice as far as I'm concerned if you want a real old school meaningful experience. Nothing to do with this game other than being text based but just thought I'd mention it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.