Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Darkness MMORPG? Any news?

1235»

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by sleevemaster

Been working on my menu system for the site let me know which ones you guys likes

http://worldofdarkness.se/planetvamp/1/dragCarousel.html

http://worldofdarkness.se/planetvamp/2/dragCarousel2.html

http://worldofdarkness.se/planetvamp/4/dragCarousel2.html

http://worldofdarkness.se/planetvamp/3/dragCarousel3.html

You can even spin it 

I like the second one best. Something apprpriate about it. Oh and get this, they are releasing a 20th anniversary edition of VTM. The devs are holding massive conversations with the players on their blog about the mechanics. 

And on this blog? A short blurb about how Justin Achilles is working on WoD online. YAY!!!

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Why did you build that in flash? You could have easily used css to make rollovers (that will actually get indexed by search engines) Plus with all hte kooks buying up ipads you dont want people visiting your site that wont be able to access the navigation....

• sleevemastersleevemaster Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Vegetta

Why did you build that in flash? You could have easily used css to make rollovers (that will actually get indexed by search engines) Plus with all hte kooks buying up ipads you dont want people visiting your site that wont be able to access the navigation....

There is alot of hate towards Flash lately and with HTML5 on the web along with Css3 i can somehow understand it, However if Mac / apple users want to access the site they will just have to buy a real computer.

The truth is i am not only working with Flash but also 3d engines like papervision3d among other's and building true 3d graphics without flash would all of a sudden become that much harder.

I will go offtopic here but i will also say that i have driven www.eve-online.nu for some time and 2,4% of the users have been Mac or ipad users.

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Originally posted by Moirae

Originally posted by Joliust
    the news black out is driving me mad.
    Yeah, but its pretty typical. I'm expecting at least a couple more years of development before alpha. At least, I hope they do this right and take the time to get it correct.

Yes I agree. I'd really like to see this game come out in 2018. The more time they take the more time they have to make something worth playing. Hopefully. Still I crave information even though it would only make me want more and more.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

the news black out is driving me mad.

Yeah, but its pretty typical. I'm expecting at least a couple more years of development before alpha. At least, I hope they do this right and take the time to get it correct.

Yes I agree. I'd really like to see this game come out in 2018. The more time they take the more time they have to make something worth playing. Hopefully. Still I crave information even though it would only make me want more and more.

Heh. They can take as long as they like to get it right. I'm perfectly happy with it so long as I get it eventually and I really hope to hell they make it a sandbox type game (mostly) with story a part of it but not an absolute neccessity. We need one that stops neglecting portions of the gaming population in favor of raiders and pvp'rs. The end game should not be the goal, the journey should.

• Jem43Jem43 Member Posts: 17

World of Darkness will be the third video game based on White Wolf's horror RPG series, following 2000's Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption and 2004's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. According to Ardwulf's Lair, it will let gamers play only as vampires initially, not their werewolf foes.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Jem43

World of Darkness will be the third video game based on White Wolf's horror RPG series, following 2000's Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption and 2004's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. According to Ardwulf's Lair, it will let gamers play only as vampires initially, not their werewolf foes.

Hate to get all nerdcore on you, but werewolves and vamps don't mingle. Each campaign setting in the WoD universe is pretty airtight, and generally plays by different rules (Mage will probably never happen). A lot of of them contradict each other, as Vampire has biblical tie-in's and Werewolf has this whole spirit trinity vs corporations vibe. It's like they all exist in the same world, but depending on which one you are talking about, the entire world revolves around something completely different.

This is why I can see making a Vampire: 'whatever' game, or one on Werewolf, Wraith or Mage (which will probably never happen, logistically), but not a unified game setting. You'll end up with werewolves vs vampires, and it was never even about that. Plus, that's been done to death since Underworld.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I m going to play this game for sure.Especially if they add the new "nvidia" physics which look pretty damn awesome.

rofl. I suggest you actually look at the videos on youtube from the Grand Masquerade instead of listening to Ardwulf.

• SanitariumPrSanitariumPr Member Posts: 2

I really don't see it being anywhere near release. We'd hear more about it by now.

Things around this game have been really silent which is annoying.

But I would not want them to ruin the game or taking hopes too high. Anyhow as a big fan in Pen & Paper side old WOD I will be on the line for CE on this game, I guess sentimental reasons.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."
    — H.P. Lovecraft

• SanitariumPrSanitariumPr Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by sleevemaster

The site is now live

www.Worldofdarkness.se

Thumbs up.

:)

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."
    — H.P. Lovecraft

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

rofl. I suggest you actually look at the videos on youtube from the Grand Masquerade instead of listening to Ardwulf.

http://forum.worldofdarkness.se/index.php?PHPSESSID=b113d8d54cf74e614a041777cebab747&topic=3.0

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

hope they add the gargoyles to.

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39

Shane has out right stated a few weeks ago no more news of note until the Grand Masq this Sept. So there is your answer like it or not.

Also only humans and kindred will be playable on launch unless things have changed since they last spoke on the topic. Does not exclude other races, like were's, from being included as NPC's however.

If you look at the wiki on my sites page you will see a collection of all the bits of info released past several years, FYI.

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

Originally posted by Harlequin_S

Shane has out right stated a few weeks ago no more news of note until the Grand Masq this Sept. So there is your answer like it or not.

Also only humans and kindred will be playable on launch unless things have changed since they last spoke on the topic. Does not exclude other races, like were's, from being included as NPC's however.

If you look at the wiki on my sites page you will see a collection of all the bits of info released past several years, FYI.

Harlequin let me know if you need any help with web design or any intro movie to your site.

Just made this Intro movie for a Slovakian company named Alistra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBZg5el30I

• lafemme24lafemme24 Member Posts: 2

So when is this game coming out?

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Originally posted by lafemme24

‘Late 2012 at the earliest,’ as of last September.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon

Originally posted by lafemme24

It was only announced maybe 8 months ago. That means, if its like any other MMO's, at least a year. Probably alot longer.

So i was starting out with a webpage www.worldofdarkness.se and it gave me lots of response aswell as lots of spambots ( lesson learned )

Now we are making a World of Darkness website intro to the site and we will need a male and female actor / actress.

How we picture it is shooting a forest scene and hopefully around year 1000 - 1200 kind of during the crusade era.

The shooting itself will be done by me and we picture a vampire couple hooded walking up a path in the forest coming towards the camera allthough not straighton but more of them coming from a left angle far away. Ending should be some what where they come so close that theyr black cloaks black out the camera and there will come in a smoke trail from the left revealing our logo at Worldofdarkness.se

However here is the problem i need an actor and an actress living close to Gothenburg Sweden, Since we live in sweden we might also wait until we get our heavy snow period and shoot it then so that we can drip some blood in the snow that they walk in. Which would give us a great Contrast.

If you are intrested in acting or would like to submit your own videofilm into our website please respond in this thread.

http://forum.worldofdarkness.se/index.php/topic,35.0.html

Seems like i found what i was looking for in a roleplaying community in my own town negotiations are taking place and we would probably start to shoot the scenes in a few weeks.