Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is 6months of World of Warcraft worth it?

CrazerageCrazerage Member Posts: 18

Is this game worth playing for about 6months? Waiting on guildwars2, swtor and the secret world and I've tried aion, rift, aoc, forsaken world and lotr. Endgame just really doesn't appeal to me in these games. I've always wanted to try this game but it seems that it gets bashed the most. I dont' understand if it's the number 1 mmo out there why it gets so much hate.

Comments

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

If you enjoy the game, then play it. If you don't, then go play some single player games. The way your post is worded, it seems like you want to bring out the trolls to reply.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

No matter what everyone may say, WoW is probably the best MMO on the market. it's the most polished and has the biggest player base. 6 months may not be enough time to completely gear your toon out, but it is enough time to experiance most of what WoW has to offer.

• EerazerEerazer Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by naraku209

No matter what everyone may say, WoW is probably the best MMO on the market. it's the most polished and has the biggest player base. 6 months may not be enough time to completely gear your toon out, but it is enough time to experiance most of what WoW has to offer.

You can do that in 2-3 months from level 1.

• Short-StrawShort-Straw Member Posts: 422

Haven't played in awhile but my wife played a couple of months into last xpac, Cataclysm. Incredibly fast leveling to cap, and nothing you do prior to level 85 really seems to matter. Endgame is completely gear/raid/pvp arena driven. Really bad community, if you have friends or a good guild, makes it bearable.

I's check out the WoW forums if you do go. There are some servers (mostly PvP) that are posting about a lack of players, which would hurt if you're looking to raid.

Thinking about giving Aion a shot myself.

• EzehielEzehiel Member Posts: 36

I play WoW a bit on and off, I have been playing for a couple of years. There are some things I dislike about WoW, others that I like, so you'll get, what I call a "neutral" opinion from me.

WoW's fun, for me, lies in the road to end-game, leveling. It's mostly questing all the way to 85, which is great fun to me and there is, of course, also dungeons and PvP, both end-game and while you're leveling. WoW's end-game is what kills it for me, it's just so boring. Dungeons until you can do heroics, which are the same dungeons as normals, just a harder version. You rinse and repeat that until you can do raids, you rinse and repeat those raids until new content comes out. PvP is almost the same, except new content for PvP is arena sets, as far as I know, never been much into PvP, but it seems quite the same, rinse and repeat, atleast that's how I see it.

This is just my opinion, of course, and the best way to see if it's something for you is to try the trial. Your opinion could be worlds from mine, who knows? Try, and you might have great fun! :)

• CrazerageCrazerage Member Posts: 18

I forgot about the free trial! Thanks I will give it a shot!

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

WOW could easily last you six months if you want to level a few different classes. The Worgen and Goblin starting areas are fun but fairly short. You may or may not like the new 1-60 experience as a new player because it is a bit quicker than before with a guided feel to them. I just started a Worgen warrior now level 32 and have liked the changes mainly because they are different and less grindy. I have almost one of every class and most are close to max level so the changes were welcome in my eyes.

As far as end game, there are old pug raids you can jump into that are quick and easy to see what they are about. In lower level dungeons most people seem to know what they are doing so they go fairly smooth.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I recommend month-to-month rather than the six month option at this time.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

No.

You'll breeze through the content and get up to 85 between 3-6 weeks depending on how much you play. For me the play at 85 was super boring, but maybe that's because I had done it all before at 60/70/80. If you're doing it solo you won't have fun at the high end because it's just random dungeons and random BGs with a-holes.

Definitely a fun game while you're experiencing it for the first time, but I'd also recommend against giving money to them because they've started engaging in some very shady business practices with offering "premium" memberships (on top of your subscription fee) for certain perks that should have been included with your loyal monthly sub.

If you end up playing, though, I'd just go month to month.