Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB Beta, did anyone not like it?

2»

Comments

• DarthMajinDarthMajin Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by sadeyx

Well Ive just read their latest blog and they do give the impression that they are on top of hacking.

Although, what worries me is that they say cheating only helps them to Aim.. and Im fairly sure the hacks can do more than that.

as for content... hmm, well its a shooter, the content comes from your enemy.. so long as there is people to shoot I'm not really too botherd about that.   Sure, new maps, missions types and rulesets would be nice but wont effect if I play or not.

I've never concidered using hacks in MMOs or online shooters, though I do use cheats in singleplayer games after beating them a couple times.  After seeing some aimbotters at work on APB I decided to go searching for some information on them.  It seems that most hacks do the aimbot (help aim), wallhack (track people through solid objects but can't shoot them through it) and no recoil or lower recoil.  That is the one thing I use to decide if I think someone is hacking if they "spray and pray" with the ntec and don't miss a shot (especially from max or long range).  I like the ntec, use it on my crim but if you want to hit anything with it, gotta burst fire it unless you are their face lol.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by sadeyx

The truth is people that dont like APB are the people that suck at it.

I dont mind saying that for the most part I was especially good at APB, so of course I loved it.    I'm not really a shoot em up player but something with APB clicked.

Now, though, APB:R  is considerably tougher and I find myself having to fight really hard for every inch, every kill, every target and every mission.

Do I still love it?.... damn right!... but yea, I can see how people who arnt very good, dont get it, dont make an effort wont like it.. they are basically humiliated to the point where they can only blame the game.. not themselves.

APB is one of those games which really shows up those people who have no skill and no fighting spirit.

What ?

APB is one of the easier shooters to play well with little skill. I am a FPS gamer .... and while there are some truely skilled players that tinker with APB, the majority of them are not skilled.

Easy shooter checklist :

3rd person

Built in radar

Cover system

Shoulder switch fire

Radius spawning

Poor  Block Hit detection

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Redemp

APB is one of the easier shooters to play well with little skill. I am a FPS gamer .... 

Dont want to piss on your chips mate but APB is nothing like an FPS shooter, and there is far more to it than just having a good aim.

an FPS is more like an arena, an enclosed cruicible with a static map, static team, static objectives, static time limit.  They are increbily boring and I grew out of playing them a long time ago, more for kids who prefer a controled envoiroment as opposed to a chaotic one.

• Felt like I should just go log onto PSN and play Grand Theft Auto for more fun.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

In my opinion without saying too much APB sucks still it is the same was it was before.

1. Full of hackers, just google APB Hacks you get a ton of people who are already in beta hacking.

2. Weapon Rentals sucks they need to be Perm before I will play APB again.

3. Lags quite a bit.

4. Nope I did not like APB Reloaded at first when I first played it was great but then all these hackers from the other servers show up and started AImbotting, and ESP Wall hacking, and it was not a good experience, and then on top of that they put all weapons to expire after X Number of hours after purchase, and did not allow me to make changes to my previous characters, such as tatoo's after I Imported my character because I had to remove all but 3 if I wanted to move or change anything so they force people to become a premium member.

This info can be found on other places of the internet anyways, and the game itself just doesn't feel realistic to me, as I was never a fan of GTA, but I played Saints Row & SR2, and it was a better game than APB Feels more realistic, and more fun.

APB  is nothing more than a bunch of Trolls/Fools running around doing robberies, and Arena Based game play in an  instance nothing more than Global Agenda, and personally I want to be able to kill anyone I please as a crim, and arrest anyone I want as an enforcer when I see a crime on my screen, as it is fun and more realistic but I guess chaos server will never come.

Meh APBR will more than likely be just as bad as Crime Craft, and just as Dead we will have to see wont we ?

in RTW APB I had millions of cash, full upgrades all weapons..  there was just no point, winning or losing didnt matter.

So weapon rental is a great idea because money now has real value. and there is a sense of progression, acheivment, winning means more losing hurts more.

Hackers, at best, only emulate a really good player..  I get that people suck at playing against good players and its frustrating but.. well, our team struggles more against actual good players than hackers because there is no hack that compensates for team work.

sometimes its nice to come across a hacker just to wipe the sleep from my eyes, lol.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well Weapon Rentals are just too much for me, I mean I could see a gun shop Real Life renting people guns or something, now if its like early access content to weapons you cant yet purchase because of a rank and or an item in the cash shop then I can understand but to go and make every single weapon almost in APB 10 days that expires even if you actually dont use the weapon and just buy it then go away for two weeks and its gone is just too much for me to want to play APB.

Now if it was a weapon rental for 10 days that actually was 10 days game time and it only goes down when you are logged in, in an action district and playing the game with that weapon then I could understand, but expect upgrades to be  returned for free when it breaks or expires there are some games like this.

Those so called good Players, I have rarely found any actual good players in APB that were not using hacks of some kinds, Hell I even went to some of the popular cheater blogs and found their same user names registered on their forums as they used in the game because they didn't bother to change it yet they claimed they were experts but really were wall hacking, and using an aimbot to aim just not making it too obvious to get banned and let themselves get killed at times, APB just was not playable let alone APB Reloaded.

Aimbots are no longer what people think they are, All the new aimbots have ESP, Wallhack, and other various functions built in, so people can easily cheat almost any game out there press a button to aimbot with a sniper rifle get 3-4 kills as if they are good, and easily evade anyone coming their way, and let themselves die at close range sometimes, and yet how do you prove they are a cheater, because when I see someone who is obviously doing this and it can't be explained I just report them really fast, as I have seen similar actions in other games where people knew exactly where I was 3 times but couldn't explain how and this wasn't a FPS Game either.

So half the time you think you are playing against a good player are you really? The only thing that I can say can be proven against cheating is Lan Partys like this guy for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EJXTh4HMAE

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I've experienced no lag.

The game run like butter.

Yeah, the game is "essentially" in the same place it was when it was shut down. But there has been a butt load of refinements to seal-up the holes that Realtime Worlds was avoiding.

The point is, is that the foundation of the game is now finally solid and that GamersFirst has a serious plan to shape the thing up.

And I know that the Nerd-Rage on this forum is powerful... freakishly powerful... But lets remember that All Points Bulletin is a FREE 2 PLAY game now.

So what can we really complain about? Where do we get the right?

Originally posted by Renoaku

Those so called good Players, I have rarely found any actual good players in APB that were not using hacks of some kinds,

Well I think this sentence really is a window into your personally isnt it ?

Think about what your saying.. You essentially accuse anyone who beats you of cheating. 

I'm afraid to say that your a very very sore loser, and thats really sad.