Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF14, how has it changed?

robert4818robert4818 Member UncommonPosts: 661

Its been a while since I looked in on this game.  So I figured I would look in and see how the game has changed since my last visit.

The last time I seriously looked at the game was during the launch.  Like many, I was sorely dissapointed in the way the game was then.  

My biggest problems:

-Story driven quests were few and far between (roughly 1 every 10 levels after the initial entry ones).  I don't want WOW, but I would love a level of real quests similar to the level that was in FF11.  Leve's just don't cut it for me.

-Guild leves were quick to complete, and had an enormous refresh timer once completed.  This resulted in large amounts of down time or slow grinding.

-Groups were practically non-existent.

-There were some interesting parts of the world, but none of them really had any points.  No new content, just "there".

-Buying and selling were a pain, I know they've revamped the market system.  Has this helped?

Lastly, and this goes back to the content problems, the world just didn't drag me in like FF11 did.  The opening parts did, but once you were sent out on your own, the world sorta just felt "flat"...

How much of the game has changed, have my listed problems improved? If so, how?

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Comments

• DocEllis611DocEllis611 Member Posts: 86

Hey, I just bought the game from gamestop (it was on sale last week for 14.99 [Idk if it still is]), and I am loving it so far. However, I am a very casual gamer, so the lack of content isn't getting in the way yet; I can find many ways to keep myself occupied. I'll tell what I have noticed in the brief time I've been in...

-I've only done one quest that wasn't related to the intro story....thing. On the same note, I've been doing the intro story quests non-stop...So I'm not sure if those are the same story-driven quests you are refferring to, or if those are just begginer quests but, like I said, I've been doing them non-stop since I got in. Other than that I've only seen guild quests, and that ONE non-related quests. But again, I am still very fresh into the game.

-Not sure about guildleves...

-Groups? Never seen any. The most I've seen is two people running around together.

-Idk

-Idk

-How can the world NOT draw you in?? image The city-states look amazing, and the graphics are beautiful!!

So...I know my post is pretty useless...but....I think you should find a linkshell, and come back!! As you probably know, there is no monthly fee, so what have you got to lose, since you aready own the game??

• Colossus1979Colossus1979 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by robert4818

Its been a while since I looked in on this game.  So I figured I would look in and see how the game has changed since my last visit.

The last time I seriously looked at the game was during the launch.  Like many, I was sorely dissapointed in the way the game was then.  

My biggest problems:

-Story driven quests were few and far between (roughly 1 every 10 levels after the initial entry ones).  I don't want WOW, but I would love a level of real quests similar to the level that was in FF11.  Leve's just don't cut it for me. they've amped it up a little, but i imagine you'd not notice unless you started from scratch.

-Guild leves were quick to complete, and had an enormous refresh timer once completed.  This resulted in large amounts of down time or slow grinding. just about the same, on the plus side, behests are every 30 minutes now, so you can still get exp and gil while waiting. otherwise it's alot of waiting.

-Groups were practically non-existent. it's...i guess on a server to server basis, i know on besaid it's not bad.

-There were some interesting parts of the world, but none of them really had any points.  No new content, just "there". as the story gets progressed, i imagine they'll fix that more.

-Buying and selling were a pain, I know they've revamped the market system.  Has this helped? easier to find, but not really easier to set a price, you still have jackasses putting stuff up for 999,999,999 gil....but much better than before.

Lastly, and this goes back to the content problems, the world just didn't drag me in like FF11 did.  The opening parts did, but once you were sent out on your own, the world sorta just felt "flat"... it's getting there...but it's probably going to be a while.

How much of the game has changed, have my listed problems improved? If so, how?

it's changed, but if anything get back on for the free sub, look around see if it makes any difference to you. alot of people are still around, and they've done alot to add interest (comapnies etc.) so...see what you think.

Played:FFXI, WoW, LOTR,EQ. Playing:FFXIV.
    Looking Forward To:DCU, SWTOR.

• rniklas25rniklas25 Member Posts: 2

how long is the free subscription for and how long are they offering it?

• RproRpro Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by rniklas25

how long is the free subscription for and how long are they offering it?

The free subscription will remain until SE deems the game worthy of a suscription fee. My guess is it will be free for a good while yet. This game needs a lot of work before most of the people will accept having to pay a monthly fee for it.

• rniklas25rniklas25 Member Posts: 2

but is it worth your time now that its not worth your money? lol