Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The US's Next Step to Becoming Big Brother

2»

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    You know, I am really tempted to go check out every flagged book at the library and see what happens.
  • AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

Those who give up a freedom for a little security
    deserve neither freedom nor security -Thomas Jefferson

It starts out as, "We'll protect you. Just don't fight our jacking of your freedoms and everything will be fine!"

If you don't think the government is capable of atrocious crimes against it's populace. Check out The Waco massacre.

This monstrosity has become everything the forefathers feared and hated. A huge monstrous immoral beast that consumes and corrupts all in its path.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

• Paladin101Paladin101 Member Posts: 187

Hey republicans don't want to take our guns away, the democrats do. I'm not saying i am pro any party but if they wanted to take all our rights away and make us into a slave populace like you think, then how they going to do that to 300 million armed civilians.

Ultr Liberals are asleep and you don't even see what is coming, i swear if people like you ran this country we would be a Islamic province by now, i don't mean to be offensive to you but it is true. You really have no idea what the government is dealing with, yes they are not 100% justified in all their actions but the war and the patriot act and a good thing if you want to keep your free speech and freedom to live how you please.

If the government doesnt change things back to the way they were before the war, then it's called rebellion and that is exactly what i know americans would be ready to do if any fascist or islamic goverment took over. For now Islamis a greater threat... unless you'd like to live how Israel does every day or Iraq with multiple suicide bombings per a day, not including all the firefights.

If this country was becoming "fascist" as so many think then that little video i posted there wouldn't have ended the way it did, there would have been police showing up either giunning them down or beating them, followed by torture and imprisonment.

So please understand what more important as of now.... yes this war and terrorism is going to change things eventually but guess what... all things change, all things come to an end. So let's be focused at the task at hand instead of creating a civil war ideology and think the government is the worst thing you ever saw. BELIEVE ME IT ISN'T. When i lived in sydney, Islam had taken such a strong foothold right in the center and it was like living in an Islamic country. One of my friends just recently caught on tape from one of their lectures that "western women deserve to be raped, or worse, for how they dress because they are no better than prostitutes". He said this responding to a Gang rape where 15 or so men raped a girl in a train, she was dressed in a business uniform going to a job interview and was reading "catcher in the rye".

You bitch about the goverment all you want, when Islam starts getting stronger and more agressive than it all ready is, you wil lbe wishing they did something to stop it before it got out of hand. Just a warning. France, Germany and Australia are to ofar gone to change things now, i DON'T want to see my country end up like them.

• DregaDrega Member Posts: 225
    Paladin101 do you even have a clue as to what your talking about or do you just parrot what the govermnent tells you?

This place is full of tree-huggers and tofu fartn' faeries...

Oh boy Paladin, you sure do sound like a racist fellow saying this is going to become an Islamic country. One thing you don't seem to realize is that not all muslims follow the extremist acts of al Queda and not all muslims beleive that there is some sort of Jihad taking place. Honestly though, if that was the case, do you truely beleive that the United States is "non-islamic" because the governmental agencies have a gustapo-like power now? Sure there are rouge Islamic groups, but there are rouge christian groups (see above posting on the Waco incident).

And please, let me just add, I am not a muslim, I am not a jew, christian, buddist, hindu, nor do I follow any other religion. Which brings me to my next point. Do you truely beleive that the United States is a christian country? I hate to burst your bubble on this one, but with the combined numbers of other religions, including atheists, agnostics, practicing wiccans, followers of witchcraft, and cults, christianity is a minority in this country, it is only a majority in the game of politics.

Now I am not trying to bring upon another religious debate, for I am nearly about to rip my eyes out if I see another topic, but my point is that the only role religion plays in this country is politics. Bush played the religion card for votes, Bush plays the religion card to support his war. This country is on a modern day crusade hellbent on shoving the ideals of christianity and democracy down the throats of the entire world, and if anyone disagrees, they are declared an enemy of the US.

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

Originally posted by Paladin101

Hey republicans don't want to take our guns away, the democrats do. I'm not saying i am pro any party but if they wanted to take all our rights away and make us into a slave populace like you think, then how they going to do that to 300 million armed civilians.

Because there are not 300 million armed civilians. And fact of the matter is, people are becoming sheep. Only the ones with the most backbone like those ranchers in montana have the guts to tell the government to get their nose outta their business.

Ultr Liberals are asleep and you don't even see what is coming, i swear if people like you ran this country we would be a Islamic province by now, i don't mean to be offensive to you but it is true.

I doubt that. One of the problems we have with the middle-eastern Muslims  is that we've been butting our nose in someone elses business, when it frankly doesn't belong. So that's gotta quite a few middle-easterner's PO'ed, and although out of a sick need for vengeance they kill innocent people through acts of terrorism. If we were isolationist's like the Swiss, New Zealand, etc. We'd probably run into very few problems.

You really have no idea what the government is dealing with, yes they are not 100% justified in all their actions but the war and the patriot act and a good thing if you want to keep your free speech and freedom to live how you please.

You talk about freedom, and the patriot act in one sentence. That sir...Is a contradiction.

If the government doesnt change things back to the way they were before the war, then it's called rebellion and that is exactly what i know americans would be ready to do if any fascist or islamic goverment took over. For now Islamis a greater threat... unless you'd like to live how Israel does every day or Iraq with multiple suicide bombings per a day, not including all the firefights.

Have you seen Star Wars Revenge of the Sith? I know that is an odd question. But if you have, then look at the comparisons it has to the real world.

If this country was becoming "fascist" as so many think then that little video i posted there wouldn't have ended the way it did, there would have been police showing up either giunning them down or beating them, followed by torture and imprisonment.

So please understand what more important as of now.... yes this war and terrorism is going to change things eventually but guess what... all things change, all things come to an end. So let's be focused at the task at hand instead of creating a civil war ideology and think the government is the worst thing you ever saw. BELIEVE ME IT ISN'T. When i lived in sydney, Islam had taken such a strong foothold right in the center and it was like living in an Islamic country. One of my friends just recently caught on tape from one of their lectures that "western women deserve to be raped, or worse, for how they dress because they are no better than prostitutes". He said this responding to a Gang rape where 15 or so men raped a girl in a train, she was dressed in a business uniform going to a job interview and was reading "catcher in the rye".

You bitch about the goverment all you want, when Islam starts getting stronger and more agressive than it all ready is, you wil lbe wishing they did something to stop it before it got out of hand. Just a warning. France, Germany and Australia are to ofar gone to change things now, i DON'T want to see my country end up like them.

And giving away your freedoms is a way to do this? Hardly.

Originally posted by dekron

I hate to burst your bubble on this one, but with the combined numbers of other religions, including atheists, agnostics, practicing wiccans, followers of witchcraft, and cults, christianity is a minority in this country, it is only a majority in the game of politics.

Where are you getting your information? This is 4 years outdated. but according to, http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html#religions, roughly 76% are Christian. So yes...By all means, it is a Christian nation. For I highly doubt in the following 4 years that percentage changed so drastically as to say that "It is no longer a Christian nation." Now not all walk the walk, but the talk would say roughly 70%. Which outnumbers the following 9 beliefs combined...By far.

Now I am not trying to bring upon another religious debate, for I am nearly about to rip my eyes out if I see another topic, but my point is that the only role religion plays in this country is politics. Bush played the religion card for votes, Bush plays the religion card to support his war. This country is on a modern day crusade hellbent on shoving the ideals of christianity and democracy down the throats of the entire world, and if anyone disagrees, they are declared an enemy of the US.

If they were shoving the ideals of Christianity down their throats, you think there would be a war? You may want to think about what you actually said, before again saying something so asinine.

Now shoving democracy down their throats is more of an astute answer.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

Originally posted by Aldaron

Originally posted by dekron

Where are you getting your information? This is 4 years outdated. but according to, http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html#religions, roughly 76% are Christian. So yes...By all means, it is a Christian nation. For I highly doubt in the following 4 years that percentage changed so drastically as to say that "It is no longer a Christian nation." Now not all walk the walk, but the talk would say roughly 70%. Which outnumbers the following 9 beliefs combined...By far.

These numbers are waaaaaaaaaaay off. Just recently a newspaper here in Oklahoma published the same type of data for the Oklahoma population. Practitioners of Wicca outnumbered Christians (here in the state) and we are in the "Bible Belt".  Look at the numbers to, that study was based on a "nationwide survey of 113,000 Americans". That is a small number of people surveyed to assert that over 252 million Americans are practicing christians.

If they were shoving the ideals of Christianity down their throats, you think there would be a war? You may want to think about what you actually said, before again saying something so asinine.

Not asinine at all. I don't mean that the US is going around forcing people to convert to christianity, what I meant was that the US is basing its moral view of other countries, and how other countries should behave, on the teachings of christianity. By basis of the al Queda's beliefs, we are immoral. The US is just as bad as them when it comes to judging others and trying to force others to live a "good ol christian life".

And really, I don't want to get into another religious debate, i've had enough of the last one. image

edit:

Something else of interest. They boosted there numbers for the amount of christians. Check out the footnotes. Here is one of them when speaking of the christians:

Now, the "current" one from 2001 included 50,000 and the 2002 included 9,000. And it states from the ones who actually responded. That is a very unreliable chart.

Drega don't be mad at the goverment that you lost your leg, you signed up to go to Iraq. Whether that is true or not, i wouldn't spit on a veteran but you obviously have resentment for some reason. I have spent tremendous more time around Arabs, Africans, and Asian muslims than you have. You went there KNOWING you would ahve to kill people, so don't try to make me look like a devil and you like the innocent victim.

Dekron Christianity is the smallest religion in the entire world, not just this country. George Bush and his administration are certinaly not Christian either as far as im concerned.

Dekron you also know squat about Islam. Guess what at least 85%-90% of muslims support Jihad and Terrorism, or at least try to justify it. If it was a sect that believed in Jihad and it wasn't in the scripture of Islam than that would be a totally different situation.

Orthodox Islam teaches to hate non-muslims, to love Deathin War, to practice polygammy and have slave women and children, and to conquer the entire world in the name of Allah subhana wa Ta'ala and make Islam it's global goverment and way of life.

Like it or not that is how it is, if you want proove i have it in ample supply.

Quite honestly though this is getting no where and everyone on this topic seems to be blindly anti-american and against anything i have to say even though it has nothing to do with being a "conservative", i laid out facts, that video is just a taste of what they are doing and what they believe and if you don't see what is wrong with it then your a waste of time to speak to.

I dont need to justify my service, Im proud of what ive done. But, Im not proud to have come home and see civil liberties taken away bill after bill. If expressing the american freedom to question what your told is anti-american then so be it.

I never said i supported everything the Bush administration does (the whole government isn't to blame) but what i did say is Islam IS a real threat. I didn't believe the Government when i was a muslim, and i would ahve helped kill any military personel and supported any terrorist strike. I don't need Bush to tell me Terrorism is a real threat, he calls Islam a religion of peace.... what a joke. He helps fund the very terrorist attacks that hit us at home and Iraq.

We pump billions into Egypt by giving them money, then they turn around and support terrorists with it, same goes with Arabia.

I would want to go to Iraq but my wife doesn't want me to leave her, especially in a country she is new to. Also i don't see Iraq as a situation we can do any good with. If the majority of the population of Iraq wanted peace and would work with the U.S to clean up the situation then perhaps something could be done. They don't want our help and they don't like us either. So how can the military be expected to resolve a situation like that.

The administration doesnt seem to care about those things i guess, and they feel their strategy to get rid of terrorism is effective.... well obviously it isn't, and the troops are the ones who pay for their mistakes.

If i were to join the Marines or another branch i would fight for the freedom to practice my religion, the freedom to live in a peaceful country, and to protect my family from future attacks. I don't feel the administration is very honest and they have proven to be hypocrites and dirty businessmen.

I think it is more important to deal with Islam first, if i didnt have the expiriences i have had then i probably wouldn't think it is such a big deal. Eventually i think there wil lbe a lot of problems internally, perhaps the downfall of the U.S is closer than we think, rome ended fairly similiar to how we going.

I hear what your saying Drega, but you can't totally discredit me for what im saying either, especially if you fought muslims first hand.

yes I did fight them, but I wouldnt be here if the the Iraqi man that pulled me from the middle of the street hadnt been there. Ive seen both sides of islam, and both sides of christianity from people Ive served with. Im not getting into another religious debate, its pointless.

never said i had anything against all the Iraqis... inkow plenty of Iraqis that would have done the same for me, and i would have done the same for them.

Then again your not really fighting Iraqis over there, your mainly fighting Syrian and Iranian mujahideen.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    "all thinks can be used to slash you right in the back"..... ya just got to find out or don't worry about it

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• findnolimitfindnolimit Member Posts: 112
    Paladin... Wow... It's just.. I mean, WOW dude.  You are too much my man.  Educated, I hope.. but wow.  And I'm not talkin about the freaking video game. (You know we generally like to wax entertainment industry here.)  You've got enough partially justified, partially fanatical rhetoric to give anyone a headache.  Please, for the sake of all those who are trying to pursue some sort of real diplomacy without falling into the extremist ideologies you seem to think are normative.  I mean... wow.. give it a rest.  Take back those 8 years that were stolen from you by fanatics and find a more liberal (and I'm not talking polotics) place for yourself in the world, rather than moving from one form of extremism to another.  It's not healthy. 

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Lol, Paladin. ::::12::

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

I find paladin a very racist and ignorant being. Let's just say that any of this is true about you going to the terror camps for training. If, and I strongly say if any is true, you will (1) Be visited by the FBI and CIA because just for fun I forwarded them your info and links to your posts of you boasting your training (they like to have fun with this sort of thing, even if you are "converted" because they like to get intel) and (2) You deserve whatever treatment you got for leaving.

Have fun!

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Money says Paladin isn't out of High School, let alone a former jihadi.
    No offense there pal. ::::20::

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Originally posted by IcoGames
    Money says Paladin isn't out of High School, let alone a former jihadi.
    No offense there pal. ::::20::

/agree

Dekron could you give me the contact details of the FBI you reported me to so i can give them my personal info. Or if you like give them my email Address [email protected] and we can go from there.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

You can make me out to be a liar all you want. Your a piece of shit for the personal attacks and personal disregard you have toward me for posting factual information about a threat this country is facing.

I can almost smell the lock from here.

You not "believing" my life expiriences is exactly the attitude you have toward everything in life you don't "want" to believe. You don't believe in God, you don't believe in this country, and you don't believe a slab of fact when it smacks you in the ignorant face.

Hey man, you're the one who's coming off like a fanatical lunatic, not him.

You yell out racist when no one has made a comment against any particular culture of people. Prejudice would be a more appropriate word, i would say i am most definetly prejudice agaisnt Islam, but most certinaly accepting of the followers of Islam, as long as they won't try to kill me. I cannot believe that you have taken this to a personal level and call the things myself, my wife and my family ahve been through as a load of shit. If you ever said that the attempts on my life, the near rape and murder of my wife and friends ,how sick and careless can you get.....

Maybe you should go back and re-read your posts. No, better yet, have your wife read them. I don't think you realize how you are coming across in your posts. That's why it's so easy to say that you are talking out your arse.

I have spoken to the ASIO Australian terrorist watch department, and they convienently blew me off and seemed to give a shit about real threats i knew about and what they are doing in Sydney. There are various groups in campsie, lakemba, bankstown, and Rootie Hill i know about specifically. Not even including other states in Australia.... but the Australian feds don't take terrorism seriously and secondly they are afraid to do anything in fear of backlash from the dominant Islamic society in syndey now.

Do you have any idea on how many people approach them with "information" on things that you claim to know? There's so many fanatics out there, the line between what is true and what is false is so blurry, it's not worth the effort to listen to you. Besides, you have no idea on how much intelligence the government already has on those camps. They may know where each one is. Hell, they may even have people IN those camps spying. You don't know. They wouldn't admit that to you because you could be a spy for the other side.

I'm praying the FBI and HLS will contact me because i have plenty of names, and locations of funders of terrorism and men who are planning on staging attacks here in my state. Right now they are primarily gathering intelligence and massing funds and sending it over seas for now because their main focus is winning Iraq.

I'm sure you are hoping for that. Like most people who make rants and claims, you need your 5 minutes of fame to feel important.

The only reason i havent bothered to talk to the FBI or HLS is they will probably blow me off just like the other feds in AU who don't want to do their freaking job. Also they can't arrest a Imam for preaching about the death of Americans in general or the slaughter of the Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. They only can arrest on evidence specific threats and targets. That type of info isn't discused in the Masjid, it's planned in the homes.

So instead of going directly to the feds, you come and post on MMORPG.com? Huh?

Telling you all this is pointless anyhow, but i do hope your serious when you contacted the FBI.

If you hope this, why don't you contact them yourself? Maybe you realize making false claims is against the law in the United States and you would go to jail and not be able to post on these forums?

BTW Jihadi isn't a correct term. I was a former Mujahid, and i was not extensively trained in combat or terrorism, they wanted a white muslim to be their spokesman and propagator to the west so people would't look at Islamic groups at arab only. I didn't train with Al Qaeda for long, they are in the U.S right now, i trained with Australian groups from Bangladesh and India primarily. I also trained and was taught by Malaysian/Indonesian groups.

Great, maybe you should enter the next "Tough Man" competition. Nobody on these forums really cares where you trained or thought you did.

The only ignorant people here are the ones blurting out personal attacks, when you don't know anything about Islam, Christianity, or my personal life. Hell you don't even know politics very well either to be so blindly liberal fanatics. I am not a blind supporter of any party, I look at the administration and what they represent, Republicans and Democrats are needed to keep a balance in politics, yet both always want the other out of the picture. I never had any prejudice against any particular side, until now. You have shown me how dangerous and insane Liberalism can be.. it is so far on the left it is too much, same could go for some ultra rights. Your quick assumptions and personal ignorance to attack someone on such a level only shows me how much bottled up hatred you have for conservatives and christians. I don't even ahve hate for really violent muslims, or anyone for that matter, but i certainly have an awarness fo danger.It was foolish for me to bring something so serious to a forum like this, i figured heck even gamers deserve to be up to date on current events and threats that WILL effect their personal lives. I guess i was wrong, let's end this and if my post was locked before then this should as well because not it has gotten out of hand and dekron and ico have sunk to the lowest level a man could by insulting another mans integrity behind a computer.

I have several friends who are Muslims. They don't support terrorist activities. They don't believe in killing people. They are the opposite of basically everything you have posted. I'll stick with my reality to judge what the truth is.

Sorry, Paladin, your claims and statements just don't fit my experience with Muslims, so I'm going to have to say you are full of it as well.

This discussion has been closed.