Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage EU - dead ?

tumper92tumper92 Member UncommonPosts: 92

hey everybody out there. im a guy from Denmark, who have been playing lineage2 a couple of years ago. I downloaded the trial, and was trying the game out again. While i was doing some grinding, and gaining some levels, i didnt see ANYBODY. at all. Then i was thinking. Is the game dead in EU ? is anybody in here playing anymore?

Maybe somebody out there, wants to play with me. I could need some company. i feel pretty alone in the big world of Lineage mates. (:

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

You will not see many people in the newbie towns. If you want to see people just go tot he Gatekeeper and port to other towns and you will see that there are plenty of people in the world of Lineage 2.

• tumper92tumper92 Member UncommonPosts: 92

i have been looking for people in the bigger towns yes. but i didnt see that many. thats why i thou the world of lineage was dead, atleast in EU.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Nope not dead. Picture from one castle towns at  this weekends sieges, prepering to assult the siege force at the castle.

Castle siege Lineage2

• Originally posted by SwampDragons

Nope not dead. Picture from one castle towns at  this weekends sieges, prepering to assult the siege force at the castle.

Castle siege Lineage2

That picture is two years old

• AsherzAsherz Member Posts: 20

Don't know about EU, but a few months back when freya went live I tried american servers and the number of ppl significantly decreased since my last visit to L2 approx 2 years ago. I was amazed how much population shrank, but then again L2 died with kamael.  No lowbies, only a shitload of 76+ and the private shops only sold S80+. 

Not really much to do/look forward to for returning/new player. Use your time for sth else, L2 isn't worth any1s attention anymore, unless u have a char which is nearing endgame, then u could have sth to do.

Dont listen to people like this who have no idea what they are talking about. I just meet back up with a person who I was leveling with a month ago in B Grade and to my suprise she is now a Level 77 Shillen Elder. It is never too late to join a mmo as long as that mmo is still getting content  and Lineage 2 has its largest expansion ever comming up totally Free. Also you should never base your decision on how far along other people are who have been playing the game because it does not matter. It takes no time at all to level up in Lineage 2 now and if you are not haveing fun at all levels this game is just not for you.

I spent the last 2 weeks playing a Dark Avenger Tank Class just to see how it played and I got it to level 66. Not bad for 2 weeks playing a toon. Also if you went to towns like Aden, Goddard, Dion,  and Giran and still did not see people you need to make sure you are not playing the PTS Test Client because being an everyday LIneage 2 player I know there are plenty of people in those towns.If you want to know about a game talk to people that currently play and not people that maybe only played a month or 2 and quit because the game was too hard for them.

That picture is also very recent because I can see the Swords on some of the people backs from the recent Event and the town gate is damaged from the Goddess Of Destruction's Red Mist which is also very recent.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by Mannish

Dont listen to people like this who have no idea what they are talking about.

the populations been at  over 120.000 subscribers, and 12 servers or something? know theirs 2, and last year when i played it was pretty dead to.

I don't see whats fun either in killing over 8000 mobs x1 hp for a lvl after 61 i mean the main grouping took place at 80 + a year ago.

• AsherzAsherz Member Posts: 20

L2 indeed got rid of the heavy grind it had years back, but I liked it coz that meant I could constantly play and have fun with new ppl. Nowadays all that content doesnt mean anything unless u have a group of friends or a clan, because theres only so much u can explore alone. That's the main problem with L2 today, it's missing an M from MMO. Personaly I never really cared much for new content because I never had nuff time to put in L2, so I enjoyed lvling solo or with a party, raiding, crafting and just sitting around chatting with friends, all in casual dosages. All I expected from each new update is the game dynamics to be the same or change as little as possible for better pvp balance or sth. Vampiric rage after interlude for example - my warlord suddenly became useless and thats the biggest grudge I hold against NCsoft. Kamaels were like aliens on crack, totally unbalanced with the rest of the classes. To elaborate why I said it's not worth new players time anymore: I have leveled from 1-70 countless times, and if I had to do it again all alone, I'd murder someone.

Those are the reasons I dont play my altime favorite anymore.

• HewraHewra Member UncommonPosts: 24

Come play on Chronos its alot of fun.

just came back from a looooong break (like 3 years or something) and the game is great and alot of players.

Lvl up to 68 in no-time, you can buy alot of armors in shop, up to Grade-A and they are cheap too.

After trying over what feels like 200mmos the past 3-4 years (the hunt for the greates mmo ever),

If you ask me l2 is upp there with the best in all aspects.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

i played both servers, got a transfure to the EU, seems alot better for me because of the times i am on, and alots of people around, get into a good clan and its very fun

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

Looking forward to Goddess Of Destruction.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

This is the very reason I won't be returning to this game, despite the fact that I really miss it.

I'll never understand how anyone could welcome a change that's going to just about completely destroy what this game has always been. From what I've read and seen, this game is being turned into Aion 2.0. Do we really need ANOTHER one of those? Are there not enough WoW-clones in existence already?

Looks like NCsoft took a page right out of the horrible ideas of SOE and decided to implement their own "NGE". I mean, it worked so well for them right? Brilliant...

If you see World Of Warcraft  then dont play it. What so hard about that? As for Star Wars Galaxies I never played it but the game is still here so that means its making money and thats what its supposed to do.  Looks like its working pretty good to me.

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by alacres

This is the very reason I won't be returning to this game, despite the fact that I really miss it.

I'll never understand how anyone could welcome a change that's going to just about completely destroy what this game has always been. From what I've read and seen, this game is being turned into Aion 2.0. Do we really need ANOTHER one of those? Are there not enough WoW-clones in existence already?

Looks like NCsoft took a page right out of the horrible ideas of SOE and decided to implement their own "NGE". I mean, it worked so well for them right? Brilliant...

God forbid a business tries to improve their crappy game by making changes that mimic the most succesful MMORPG, sounds like a bad idea to me >_>

I have faith that NC Soft knows what they are doing.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Battlekruse

Originally posted by SwampDragons

Castle siege Lineage2

That picture is two years old

Dunno if that one is 2 years old. Here's a picture of last weekend's Goddard siege:

Last weekend Naia (EU) was yellow as well at logon, so yest it's quite populated. But don't be fooled when you make a new char on a (trial account) and you go to Giran. Giran is NOT the main trading town on Naia, but Aden is ;-)

If you see World Of Warcraft  then dont play it. What so hard about that? As for Star Wars Galaxies I never played it but the game is still here so that means its making money and thats what its supposed to do.  Looks like its working pretty good to me.

Like I said, I won't be playing it, but if you'd actually read my post you'd see that I was a big fan of L2, hence why I'm so disappointed that they're essentially destroying the original game and rebuilding it into something else. Why not just give the game a new title while they're at it? Afterall, it's going to be a completely new game for the most part.

As for SWG, it's one of SOE's poorest remaining games at this point, and it's because of the very reason that I stated - the NGE. As it stands now, the game is pretty much just one step above being on life-support (and if it wasn't for the Star Wars IP, I doubt it would even be doing that well). The game lost tons and tons of subscibers when they basically re-built the game mechanics (buggy, unfinished fps simulator, merged all of the unique classes into around 8 and gave the classes uninteresting talent trees, and even eliminated some of the most interesting classes altogether such as the creature tamer). In other words, theres a reason the game is doing as poorly as it is, and even Smedley himself admitted that the NGE was a huge mistake. GoD just sounds like another attempt to turn and interesting, unique game, into a cloned piece of ****. I guess we'll see how it turns out in the end.

Originally posted by Lunny08

Originally posted by alacres

God forbid a business tries to improve their crappy game by making changes that mimic the most succesful MMORPG, sounds like a bad idea to me >_>

L2 is still one of the most popular titles in Asia as it is (and is also doing well in Russia), so calling the current game "crappy" isn't really a fair statement. You don't like it, great - take your pick of the dozens of other WoW/EQ-clones out there and go nuts. Some of us look for something different in this genre and L2 was one of the few that offers that something. It also seems pretty naive to think that any game that targets the same audience as WoW will have any chance of even putting a dent in what is, and has been for years, the leader of casual, cookie-cutter multiplayer games. Many have tried, and most haven't done even as well as L2 has done in it's existence.

That being the case, it baffles me why NCsoft would attempt to cover the same market when they're already doing so well in other parts of the world. If they try to appease to the western market, it seems like a slap in the face to their much larger eastern audience, so they risk losing a portion of both in the process. I personally don't see it as a wise decision, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.