Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google vs Facebook: It's game on!

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Things are heating up between these two internet giants.  Who will win?  Or will it end in a stalemate?  Or will we all, in fact, lose?

Comments

• cocogamecocogame Member Posts: 12

ACtually it is hard to decide which  will win, I like both of them,  in my opinion they are different things .

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Since I refuse to use Facebook under any circumstance, I will cheer for google!

Considering the mentality of the guy who founded Facebook, I don't see why anyone would use it.

Facebook Mark Zuckerberg Called Facebook Users Dumb F****s

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Originally posted by deviliscious

Considering the mentality of the guy who founded Facebook, I don't see why anyone would use it.

I actually don't use either, so it doesn't really matter to me who wins.  Maybe they can both lose and Yahoo will emerge stronger than ever. image  (don't even care that much for Yahoo, but I do use it).

Originally posted by Zindaihas

I actually don't use either, so it doesn't really matter to me who wins.  Maybe they can both lose and Yahoo will emerge stronger than ever. image  (don't even care that much for Yahoo, but I do use it).

I just cant understand why anyone would use facebook when it is being run by such a creaton. LOL

But people " trust this guy" he is a low life scum bag. Look at the lengths he went .. hiring people to slander other companies to try and get ahead. So sad.

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

Nowadays you are treated like a freak or an outcast if you don't have facefuck.

But I'l skip this shit. I hope it takes the path of myspace...

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Facebook serves the same core purpose as this site: connecting people. It makes money the same way this site does: showing you ads of shit. Why's this fine but Facebook isn't?

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Social networking isn't going anywhere, so like it or not, Facebook is here to stay.  Look for more companies to expand on the concept.  Soon everything will be hooked up into one location, from your TV, computer, cell phone, ipads, cars, blu-ray players, etc.. all will eventually get hooked into Facebook, Youtube, Netflix, type of services.

I don't really get why Zuckerberg wants to poke at Google really, except for the fact that Google is the new Microsoft, they take everything and try to make a version of their own.  So maybe Zuckerberg feels threatened by Google's attempts to create their own social networking and take advertiser's money away from Facebook?  Who knows.  But one thing for certain, when big companies compete head to head, us average folks are the winners.  Why?  More features will get added as they want to one up another, price on things will get cheaper due to competition (even though in this case you aren't paying to use Facebook or Google).  Competition is a good thing, so let them duke it out I say image

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by sepher

Facebook serves the same core purpose as this site: connecting people. It makes money the same way this site does: showing you ads of shit. Why's this fine but Facebook isn't?

Facebook asks for personal information, and then has rights to that information. Facebook reserves the right to use your information how they see fit.

MMORPG.com does not ask for personal information, does not do anything with the little information it has. There is a difference.

The guy who created facebook is a scum bag. The guy who created MMORPG.com is not. Difference enough for ya? image

You can social network without a social networking site. Everyone I wish to talk to has my email,  messenger, phone number and address. They know how to reach me. Those I do not wish to talk to do not. Easy enough.

I do not care to have some creep that used to staple his knee in class who had all my newspaper clippings on his bathroom wall to find me. I would rather stay lost. LOL

Originally posted by Mardy

Social networking isn't going anywhere, so like it or not, Facebook is here to stay.  Look for more companies to expand on the concept.  Soon everything will be hooked up into one location, from your TV, computer, cell phone, ipads, cars, blu-ray players, etc.. all will eventually get hooked into Facebook, Youtube, Netflix, type of services.

I don't really get why Zuckerberg wants to poke at Google really, except for the fact that Google is the new Microsoft, they take everything and try to make a version of their own.  So maybe Zuckerberg feels threatened by Google's attempts to create their own social networking and take advertiser's money away from Facebook?  Who knows.  But one thing for certain, when big companies compete head to head, us average folks are the winners.  Why?  More features will get added as they want to one up another, price on things will get cheaper due to competition (even though in this case you aren't paying to use Facebook or Google).  Competition is a good thing, so let them duke it out I say image

Zucker wants to attack gogle because he is a scum bag. He has proven this  time and time again by his low life actions. Anyone who trusts this guy with their information is ignorant to who and what he is.

He could care less about the people who are on facebook.

Facebook asks for personal information, and then has rights to that information. Facebook reserves the right to use your information how they see fit.

MMORPG.com does not ask for personal information, does not do anything with the little information it has. There is a difference.

The guy who created facebook is a scum bag. The guy who created MMORPG.com is not. Difference enough for ya? image

You can social network without a social networking site. Everyone I wish to talk to has my email,  messenger, phone number and address. They know how to reach me. Those I do not wish to talk to do not. Easy enough.

I do not care to have some creep that used to staple his knee in class who had all my newspaper clippings on his bathroom wall to find me. I would rather stay lost. LOL

Facebook only REQUIRES that you give a name. Everything else you give of your own volition if you benefit from doing so.

The same with this site; you don't have to give it your address if you don't want to, but it states plainly in the Privacy Policy below that MMORPG.com collect such information: 

Collection of Your Personal Information

We gather personal information from all registering members. This includes name, physical address, e-mail address, age and gender. We also store your personal preferences related to this Web site in your account data.

Nothin' unusual about that though, most forums and social networks do.

As for "scum bag", I have 0 interest in defending Zuckerwhatever but I'm not going to hold anything against a then teenager that said something random about a group of anonymous people. I'm sure restaurant workers at places I go to have said worse, but I still visit those. 

Sounds like that's your hangup though:  you hate the CEO for whatever reason, or you just hate the idea of social networking. So it may not be your thing, but that doesn't mean everyone who does use it and love it are in the wrong somehow, its wonderful for them.

• Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36

Facebook only REQUIRES that you give a name. Everything else you give of your own volition if you benefit from doing so.

The same with this site; you don't have to give it your address if you don't want to, but it states plainly in the Privacy Policy below that MMORPG.com collect such information: 

We gather personal information from all registering members. This includes name, physical address, e-mail address, age and gender. We also store your personal preferences related to this Web site in your account data.

As for "scum bag", I have 0 interest in defending Zuckerwhatever but I'm not going to hold anything against a then teenager that said something random about a group of anonymous people. I'm sure restaurant workers at places I go to have said worse, but I still visit those. 

Sounds like that's your hangup though:  you hate the CEO for whatever reason, or you just hate the idea of social networking. So it may not be your thing, but that doesn't mean everyone who does use it and love it are in the wrong somehow, its wonderful for them.

You know, there are a lot of CEO's and executives out there who are assholes, yet millions of people use their products(and I'm sure you do too but don't even know it). So if a CEO is an asshole, but yet makes a good product, you are not going to use that product because the CEO is a meenie weenie?? 

Besides how can you judge someone based off an e-mail? You(we) don't even know Mark, you(we) don't know if he is truely a douche or a bag. How can you hate what you don't truely know?? We live in a dog eat dog world darling, the IT arena is very competitive, sometimes we have to be monsters from time to time to get ahead(especially in business).

Timmy

Originally posted by Tim_Braid

You know, there are a lot of CEO's and executives out there who are assholes, yet millions of people use their products(and I'm sure you do too but don't even know it). So if a CEO is an asshole, but yet makes a good product, you are not going to use that product because the CEO is a meenie weenie?? 

Besides how can you judge someone based off an e-mail? You(we) don't even know Mark, you(we) don't know if he is truely a douche or a bag. How can you hate what you don't truely know?? We live in a dog eat dog world darling, the IT arena is very competitive, sometimes we have to be monsters from time to time to get ahead(especially in business).

Timmy

So everyone goes  around paying people to lie about their competitors? LOL if it talks like a douche and walks like a douche. It is a douche. LOL

And yes, I boycott products all the time. He is just one of the people I boycott. image

I also boycott the diamond industry due to them abusing children and chopping off their hands. Should I be proud to promote that too?

So everyone goes  around paying people to lie about their competitors? LOL if it talks like a douche and walks like a douche. It is a douche. LOL

And yes, I boycott products all the time. He is just one of the people I boycott. image

I also boycott the diamond industry due to them abusing children and chopping off their hands. Should I be proud to promote that too?

Big difference between boycotting an industry built on the blood of children and boycotting a then 19 year old based on an email about a few hundred or few thousand people that aren't you. 

You have every right though. And I'd agree the big tech companies; Google, Microsoft and Apple included, get kind of fickle with their occasional smear campaigns. There'd be little to zilch left to use however if I boycotted one of 'em everytime their marketing departments did something fickle.

Big difference between boycotting an industry built on the blood of children and boycotting a then 19 year old based on an email about a few hundred or few thousand people that aren't you. 

You have every right though. And I'd agree the big tech companies; Google, Microsoft and Apple included, get kind of fickle with their occasional smear campaigns. There'd be little to zilch left to use however if I boycotted one of 'em everytime their marketing departments did something fickle.

Of course there is a difference in the degree of despicableness, but it is still a matter of principle. I disagree with them, so I don;t do business with them.  It is kinda like that guy who came to my door trying to scare me into allowing his pest control service to spray. Before he attempted to prey upon people's ignorance, I might have considered switching services, but WOW when that guy opened his mouth  attempting to use " scare tactics" not only did he get to hear an earful from me, so did his employer when I called them. image

I am not even going to get into the creep trying to sell cleaning products who thought it a good idea to tell me racist interacial sex jokes as a sales pitch... Anyone from his company comes on my property again and they will be  arrested. LOL

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Forumfall

I agree. Consider me old fashioned but I still like the phone and instant messenger over this social retarded media that is facebook to myspace. People who use it are not necessarily stupid but I think most of them lack understanding of how to act proper, it's like we became more stupid of a society ever since the facebook crap and also twitter. I hate them all.

Originally posted by bezado

I agree. Consider me old fashioned but I still like the phone and instant messenger over this social retarded media that is facebook to myspace. People who use it are not necessarily stupid but I think most of them lack understanding of how to act proper, it's like we became more stupid of a society ever since the facebook crap and also twitter. I hate them all.

lol Why can't it be as simple as "I don't have a use for it"? 

I'll never understand that. How some people can simply not like or want to use something without wholesale insulting millions of other people at a time for no good reason. What're your thoughts on WoW, Internet Explorer, Lady GaGa and iPhone fans? 

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by bezado

lol Why can't it be as simple as "I don't have a use for it"? 

I'll never understand that. How some people can simply not like or want to use something without wholesale insulting millions of other people at a time for no good reason. What're your thoughts on WoW, Internet Explorer, Lady GaGa and iPhone fans? 

If you felt insulted by that then you must have been one of the million aye? Granted I did say most of them and not necessarily stupid.

Facebook is really stupid, my opinion and I will keep it. image