Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back...never should have left

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by metalfoxus
    Coming back to EQ2, was a waste of time to drop it for WoW and MxO. I'll be on Antonia Bale server. Man I never should have left, now I gotta go out and pick up a game card to start up my account again... but the only EB games near me is an hour away ::::16:: Oh well, it'll be worth it ::::20::

Well welcome back and I hope you enjoy the game again.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• swiftflowswiftflow Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by En1Gma

Originally posted by swiftflow
    Cracks me up how they added content just like WOW has in order to sucker former players into coming back.

I dont understand yourm post. Either you believe that if any mmorpg adds content is "just like wow" or your statement is a troll statement.

Please h elp us understand what you mean by your statement. I thought it was normal for mmorpgs to add content.

Eq2 is making the game more and more solo friendly to be more like WOW simply to draw in more players. That was never their intention.

The mailing system sure has alot of resemblance to the one in WOW that was put into EQ2.

Offline selling added because people complained you could have that option in WOW.

The hurrying of PvP into EQ2 since that is a major draw for players into WOW.

With all the new MMORPG's coming out in the future SOE will have plenty of more games to rip off for ideas to patheticly try to stay competative but it won't work. The game is a failure!

• DewfireDewfire Member Posts: 89

They always had the plans in the back for PVP, they just stated tha it wasn't going to be sraigh PVP like in WoW, Daoc or AO where they have to worry about balancing the PvE with PvP aspects.

The EQ2 PvP is arena based events where you don't actualy use your PvE character. So yea...they are sooo pushing i for WoW people.... /sarcasm off

Dewfire Gnome Paladin EQ2
    Retired: AO, DAOC, EQ, SWG

• SideSwipeSideSwipe Member Posts: 44

Cracks me up how they added content just like WOW has in order to sucker former players into coming back.

I dont understand yourm post. Either you believe that if any mmorpg adds content is "just like wow" or your statement is a troll statement.

Please h elp us understand what you mean by your statement. I thought it was normal for mmorpgs to add content.

Eq2 is making the game more and more solo friendly to be more like WOW simply to draw in more players. That was never their intention.

The mailing system sure has alot of resemblance to the one in WOW that was put into EQ2.

Offline selling added because people complained you could have that option in WOW.

With all the new MMORPG's coming out in the future SOE will have plenty of more games to rip off for ideas to patheticly try to stay competative but it won't work. The game is a failure!

You blether on and on about how EQ2 pathetically trying to grab new players by copying features present in WOW. By the way you present your argument anyone would think that WOW was some kind of revoluntionary MMO with these fantastic new features never seen before like.... PVP!!!!! Holy shit iv'e never seen that before. The fact is that all of the above have been seen on other MMOS, yet i don't hear you quoting the games that WOW copied, or calling WOW pathetic for regurgitating someone else's ideas.

It strikes me that the only pathetic thing around here is your irrational hatred of a computer game.  If you dislike the game so much then don't play it. But for gods sake please stop posting verbal diarrhoea on a board full of fans of the game.  It appears that your only intention is to annoy the people who do enjoy EQ2. Although why anyone would want to waaste their time annoying people they have never met before is quite frankly beyond me.

Anyway no doubt you'll have some half-baked child like response to this post, that seems to be your style. So flame away little one, flame away....

Originally posted by SideSwipe

Anyway no doubt you'll have some "half-baked child like response" to this post, that seems to be your style.

you could spread the hypocrisy on a piece of bread 5 inches thick.
  • WillJones420WillJones420 Member Posts: 263

It appears that your only intention is to annoy the people who do enjoy EQ2. Although why anyone would want to waaste their time annoying people they have never met before is quite frankly beyond me.

Such is the life and the reason for living of internet trolls.  The flame forums, boards, and fandoms in hopes of getting a rise out of the people there just to feed their grossly underfed need for attention.  I've often said that the worth of a forum troll is, as John Malkovich once said, "somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty."

Do I think that swiftflow falls in this category?  I don't know.  Maybe.  More likely he's just a WoW fanboy who has an ego issue with his favorite game and is feeling threatened because EQ2 is getting better.

Who knows??  image

Originally posted by WillJones420

It appears that your only intention is to annoy the people who do enjoy EQ2. Although why anyone would want to waaste their time annoying people they have never met before is quite frankly beyond me.

Such is the life and the reason for living of internet trolls.  The flame forums, boards, and fandoms in hopes of getting a rise out of the people there just to feed their grossly underfed need for attention.  I've often said that the worth of a forum troll is, as John Malkovich once said, "somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty."

Do I think that swiftflow falls in this category?  I don't know.  Maybe.  More likely he's just a WoW fanboy who has an ego issue with his favorite game and is feeling threatened because EQ2 is getting better.

Who knows??  image

I don't play WOW and I only did the beta. I am currently waiting for a few of the new MMORPG games on the horizon.

So....ummm....when and where was John Malkovich talking about forum trolls?

No where and never does John Malkovich talk about forum trolls, I was just using his line to make a point.

Bottom line is, since you're not a fanboy of WoW, then I can only assume you're here to be a troll and make a jerk of yourself because you hate EQ2.  My advice, keep your angst inside you if you want to post in this forum, or at least take your EQ2 bashing to another forum where the fans here don't have to listen to it.  All you do when you talk trash about games in their forums is aggrivate people and make an ass out of yourself.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Anyone who knocks EQ2 is apparently a troll, and it's not allowed on these forums, even biased unprofessional mods see to that.

Pray tell, where is the appropriate place to talk about EQ2 negatively? Perhaps the WoW forums? image

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by Jorev
    Anyone who knocks EQ2 is apparently a troll, and it's not allowed on these forums, even biased unprofessional mods see to that.
    Pray tell, where is the appropriate place to talk about EQ2 negatively? Perhaps the WoW forums? image

Negative feedback is welcome as long as it makes sense.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

It's normal for failing games to copy successful games, but a copy is never as good as the original.

Shouldn't you be on the 1+ hour queue (waiting lines) to get into the new and exciting Battlegrounds that will revive WoW's fun.

Originally posted by rathma

Rather subjective isn't it?  Wouldn't it be more mature and professional to state positives about the game you like rather than attacking those who disagree?

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    www.vanguardsoh

I have never played a MMORPG that didn't steal great ideas from other games.   Guess to you, WoW is the original MMORPG that all others rip off from.

I see your hatred for Sony has blinded you.

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

You do know WoW blatantly stole the Auction House from FFXI right?

Rather subjective isn't it?  Wouldn't it be more mature and professional to state positives about the game you like rather than attacking those who disagree?

So now you want to take the high road now ha! Then you do agree, ignore the trolls!!!  imageimage

Guess you and swift will be bored then because people will start to ignore your trolls.

You do know WoW blatantly stole the Auction House from FFXI right?

You have to remember alot of WoW's player-base are drawn from the infamous B.net system where the Diablo and Starcraft is the most MMORPG they ever experienced.

They just don't know any better.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

i cant go back to that artstyle its too drab

It's alot more welcoming than WoW's artstyle. Damn, it looked like that "Pagemaster" game for SNES.

I disagree. WoW's graphics, though maybe not as high tech as EQ2's or some other games, are nonetheless very detailed and well done. The ambiance for the game is superb, IMO, and at least makes me believe I'm at least standing in the world.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

It's alot more welcoming than WoW's artstyle. Damn, it looked like that "Pagemaster" game for SNES.

Oh my god, didn't they have a movie called "The Pagemaster"? Maybe i'm just crazy, either that or I just played the game, and have mistaken it for a movie.

Originally posted by protoroc

Wow, somebody had their settings on low.....

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

Yeah Pagemaster was a movie. A shitty one too. The only people that think Eq2 looks drab are people with low quality PC's. I'm not saying you have to go buy a new one, but you just sound dumb talking to people who have seen the eye candy the game offers.

Oh my god, didn't they have a movie called "The Pagemaster"? Maybe i'm just crazy, either that or I just played the game, and have mistaken it for a movie.

Originally posted by protoroc

Wow, somebody had their settings on low.....

• aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

Question for those of you who came back:

Was any of your reasons for leaving in the first place because the EQ2 world just felt dead? If so... Now that you've come back, has that feeling of a dead, dull world gone away?

That was my only real beef. WoW has it's faults, but everything in that game has spice and flavor... In comparison, the EQ2 I knew in early January was a tepid corpse.

Any thoughts?

• chaoslotdchaoslotd Member Posts: 54

i feel that wow sn't for hardcore games

Originally posted by chaoslotd

i feel that wow sn't for hardcore games

True, but neither is EQ2.

As for EQ2 or WoW or any other game, borrowing or stealing ideas from other companies, that is to be expected. There is a huge difference however, between releasing a game with those ideas as part of the original vision, and frantically adding them after the fact because you are being bent over by your competition.

Brad McQuaid
    www.vanguardsoh