Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I fail at WoT because apparently I don't know how to do 300 damage per shot with a tier 4 medium.

StyijStyij Member Posts: 186

As I feared once I moved into a Panzer 3 I found the game still the same as in beta. I stuck with it till I maxed out my Pz3 and Marder mods and crew but it has just steadily gotten worse. Now 90% of the matches consist of fully half the other team in high tier mediums and heavies. I score a critical hit on heavies maybe one in twenty shots and thats it, no damage at all, it is impossible to get a 50mm AP through their armor on any side. In one game there were three of us in Panzer 3s and we took on an IS. We drove around it in circles shooting it over and over and over and we did nothing to it. The IS literally ignored us, he just drove around and shot at other tanks until he killed what was in range then simply one shoted us each in turn. We did ZERO damage to him in two or three or so minutes of shooting. I earn 54 experence from that battle...54. It takes hundreds of thousands to grind up to heavies not to mention the small fortune in silver to buy one.

On top of all that there are usually between 3 to 6 SPGs on each side as well. So while you are trying to get some damage on a heavy the SPGs simply insta own you. Unless you sit at the starting point and twiddle your thumbs for half the match you will die pretty much on the first encounter to a heavy that can see you first or an SPG waiting for you to get stuck fighting a heavy in a choke point. The Marder actually could get some damage on the heavy but was either counter shot by the heavy or killed by SPG spam fire.

Yes, a lighter tank can move around faster but that is a worthless advantage when a heavy can reach across the map and one shot you or just park in a choke point. Also while you are doing your circling or popping in and out of cover the SPGs are spam raping you and there HEs get easy track hits on you. So, even a near miss from an SPG disables a track and you insta pop from every enemy in radio range.

The game simply has horrible balance issues that they never fixed and is no longer fun to play...and it never once NEVER felt like an MMORPG game.

Comments

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

The thing is, your Pz3 ISNT a heavy tank killing machine, its a scout more or less, if used as such, youll do great, as its very quick, and in the right hands can dart and doge slow firing, slow turret rotating, slow moving heavies, all while lighting them up on the map for arty and your team to see.  A rarely used scouting tactic is the spot and cover tequniqe, which is replaced by bad players engaging the superior target then bitching that they can kill them head on.  See the heavy, then dart behind something, as the heavy tries to get you dart behind another target, if arty isnt helping and the team is not close, run, scout another spot, everyone knows the heavy is chilling there now, youve succeeded as a scout because you located the target and lived to find another.

Basically use faster, obsolete tanks, as scouts.

Now as for your TD, you dont have that kind of versatility, your basically stuck to staying at max range and detracking (did they fix that yet?) superior targets.  TD isnt a lead attack, its a hide in the bushes in the back and snipe WHILE your team is attacking, as to distract them from you.  Its much more difficult as a TD who is either stock or max out but under tierd to compete, luckily youll be agaisnt some soft under tierd scout tanks that i just described above, and should be easy targets for your TD.

I have been unfortunate to be in the scout position in my VK3001 as a bottom tier tank, although slow, i was still faster than the heavies i was up against, for the most part, and able to do some scouting.

One of the reasons i stopped playing is that the community as a whole thinks this is some FPS solo game, where you see a target, pursue it and try to kill it, rather than use team strategy, utilizing each class of tanks role properly.  There would be TD in the lead charge, everyone following one top tier heavy, leaving other routes open for the enemy to move freely in, scouts who would engage any target they discovery, and a general race to get the last hit kill so they could troll peopl eont he team with less kills as not being good.  Basically too  much team coordination and teamwork is required for this community, and you really cant go into battle with a full team of players you know and know how to play, making for 95% of the battles being a comeption where the least retarded team wins and kill count is king, rather than teamwork and strategy. 

• StyijStyij Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by strangerdang

One of the reasons i stopped playing is that the community as a whole thinks this is some FPS solo game, where you see a target, pursue it and try to kill it, rather than use team strategy, utilizing each class of tanks role properly.  There would be TD in the lead charge, everyone following one top tier heavy, leaving other routes open for the enemy to move freely in, scouts who would engage any target they discovery, and a general race to get the last hit kill so they could troll peopl eont he team with less kills as not being good.  Basically too  much team coordination and teamwork is required for this community, and you really cant go into battle with a full team of players you know and know how to play, making for 95% of the battles being a comeption where the least retarded team wins and kill count is king, rather than teamwork and strategy. 

This is one of the primary reasons the game is fail. For scout tanks to really pull their weight there has to be teamwork and teamwork is completely absent from this game. For one the voice chat only works in platoon...stupid. You have to pay to group (platoon) also fail. As a result the heavies dominate the battlefield simply because they can soak damage and deal it out with little concern for tactics or teamwork. The game has all the strengths of the heavy tank and none of its true weaknesses like fuel and maintenance. Worse I have had heavy tank players complain when I try to work with them in a group. For heavies it is World of Camping. At any rate I'm done with it, on to better games.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

I have a PZ3 myself (after that boring pz3A grind). 

The trick is when your on the top of the list it's your turn to hunt things down and/or do a bit of sniping (though your speed makes it easy to get in close for kills).  When your on the bottom however you must either go into full scout mode (as an above poster stated), ducking behind cover but revealing enemies.  Basically don't shoot unless your 100% sure you can actually down the thing (SPG's, TD from the sides or rear).  Or you could hang around with the heavier tanks and half scout and half snipe with them.  Basically you move up together and sometimes you head infront to find reds then pull back and watch him snipe them.

Oh and one more note, it's only like 14k xp to get to the next tank and out of those silly t3/4 grinds.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• stink_eyestink_eye Member Posts: 21

I rule this game with a T2 light.

Enough said.

• AlexanderTDAlexanderTD Member Posts: 97

It always surprise me how can people explaining so much without actually making any sense. 

Don't see what's wrong with all that

P.S.Did you try WOW?

Basically too  much team coordination and teamwork is required for this community, and you really cant go into battle with a full team of players you know and know how to play, making for 95% of the battles being a comeption where the least retarded team wins and kill count is king, rather than teamwork and strategy. 

That's your problem, not game's. There are people that actually do play in teams (clans) or simply platoons with voice chat - it's all there. Don't try to make your failures look like it's game's problem or someone elses