Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

edit: it's fixed now. but that playing while dead thing isnt :P

EerazerEerazer Member Posts: 140

stupid coinlock wont let me sell anything at all, the emails will not get sent to my hotmail adress so i cant get rid of it. ive tried to resend it in game 5 times and waited 2 hours, no show.

i requested to change my email to a gmail address like the faq on the site said, but when it said to 'go check your gmail.com address' for an activation email? ...guess what, same deal there, no email.

so im stuffed. thanks trion i just wasted my £8.99.

not to mention this funny video i just made of being able to play rift, WHILE DEAD. and i cant delete my character either!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH1efjAV4Dw

what is up with this game. its got worse since i left 3 weeks after launch?

Comments

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

coinlock email took about 4-5 hrs to come in yesterday when I loaded up on my wife's computer due to my vid card frying.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • EerazerEerazer Member Posts: 140

u should clean inside your card often to stop it overheating :)

• DanbaccaDanbacca Member UncommonPosts: 247

Type DELETE not delete to delete a character.

Thanks for playing.

Originally posted by Danbacca

Type DELETE not delete to delete a character.

Thanks for playing.

do you think i am stupid? i obviously typed 'delete', 'DELETE' anyway you can possibly type it. honastly. here, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbRBWKWPkow

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

does Rift has clients support?

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by Eerazer

stupid coinlock wont let me sell anything at all, the emails will not get sent to my hotmail adress so i cant get rid of it. ive tried to resend it in game 5 times and waited 2 hours, no show.

i requested to change my email to a gmail address like the faq on the site said, but when it said to 'go check your gmail.com address' for an activation email? ...guess what, same deal there, no email.

not to mention this funny video i just made of being able to play rift, WHILE DEAD. and i cant delete my character either!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH1efjAV4Dw

I think it's a PIBKAC issue.

yep, sure is my fault.

• Merlin1977Merlin1977 Member Posts: 168

Have you checked your spam box?  As sometimes it can go into the spam box of your email by mistake.  Also whenever I got coinlocked I got an email instantly, am using a gmail.com address as well.  

As far as not deleting your characters you won't be able to as you're coinlocked I do believe.

Funky bug you found, I wish I could find that bug and then solo rifts :P

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Your Delete issue must not be a universal issue, I just deleted one of mine to see if it worked, I'm only on a trial so it was no big deal, just wanted to check if it worked.

You have to type delete in all caps it would appear.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

i changed my email to a brand new gmail adress, and it seems to have fixed it. no idea why the other gmail address didnt work, though and the fact that their emails dont send to hotmail is an inconvenience. as for the coin lock thing and character deletion, i just tried it now im not locked anymore and you are right, it did sucessfully delete the char. so i guess all is now well. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

i changed my email to a brand new gmail adress, and it seems to have fixed it. no idea why the other gmail address didnt work, though and the fact that their emails dont send to hotmail is an inconvenience. as for the coin lock thing and character deletion, i just tried it now im not locked anymore and you are right, it did sucessfully delete the char. so i guess all is now well. 

Maybe your connection to the server was timing out or something along those lines, when I logged in my modem reset and I had no connection for a few secs, I'm not sure why that happened never has before, but it could have just been a coincidence I guess.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson