Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 State of Aion Online

2»

Comments

• ftAnPucr9ftAnPucr9 Member Posts: 26

The grinding is insane. Because it actually does not stop when you are at level cap. To get top gear, or gather materials to craft it you need to spend same time as a full time job. For example I calculated the cost of materials to craft one of those balaur bad ass weapons to around 2000 million kinnah. The fastest, easiest and most boring way to get this is to farm aether for 8 milllion/hour, and I was a very effective aether farmer using morph techniques for best value, normal farmers probably need twice as much time. So after 250 hours with my hardcore grinding I have a chance to craft one of those bad ass weapons. This is then not a guarantee that the weapon actually is crafted since its a probability craft but the calculated cost is an average it should be over time. With that said someone will as usuall say they have crafted their weapon for 150 millions which then means they have been extremely lucky with the probability factor and counted their cost of personal grinding materials as zero since they see grinding time spent as no value. Anyhow whether its crafting, pve or ap point farming for gear it takes many hundreds of hours to get any gear that have power worth mention in end game.

For me it was just to forget about getting any competitive gear in this game because of the time it takes. If also the leveling did not took so much time I might had leveled up my sorcerer instead who does not need gear to be competitive. I might come back again to this character again because of one of the enjoyments in this game, the sexy avatars.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Originally posted by ftAnPucr9

The grinding is insane. Because it actually does not stop when you are at level cap. To get top gear, or gather materials to craft it you need to spend same time as a full time job. For example I calculated the cost of materials to craft one of those balaur bad ass weapons to around 2000 million kinnah. The fastest, easiest and most boring way to get this is to farm aether for 8 milllion/hour, and I was a very effective aether farmer using morph techniques for best value, normal farmers probably need twice as much time. So after 250 hours with my hardcore grinding I have a chance to craft one of those bad ass weapons. This is then not a guarantee that the weapon actually is crafted since its a probability craft but the calculated cost is an average it should be over time. With that said someone will as usuall say they have crafted their weapon for 150 millions which then means they have been extremely lucky with the probability factor and counted their cost of personal grinding materials as zero since they see grinding time spent as no value. Anyhow whether its crafting, pve or ap point farming for gear it takes many hundreds of hours to get any gear that have power worth mention in end game.

For me it was just to forget about getting any competitive gear in this game because of the time it takes. If also the leveling did not took so much time I might had leveled up my sorcerer instead who does not need gear to be competitive. I might come back again to this character again because of one of the enjoyments in this game, the sexy avatars.

Wow, that would be a long time grinding. How long ago was this and what item are you referring to? I'm pretty sure you are talking about the Balic or Dragon weapons but I'm not sure. I would have to check patch notes but many things have gotten easier since Aione release. They have made tweaks in a lot of different things.

I remember seeing two golds drop period in Fire Temple. In the two months I have been back I have gotten 5 golds as I have been questing and a handful of blues. As far as Kinah I hear the Balauria content is very nice on Kinah rewards. I'm not sure though but I'm 49 so I'll let you know soon.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• ftAnPucr9ftAnPucr9 Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Wow, that would be a long time grinding. How long ago was this and what item are you referring to? I'm pretty sure you are talking about the Balic or Dragon weapons but I'm not sure. I would have to check patch notes but many things have gotten easier since Aione release. They have made tweaks in a lot of different things. I remember seeing two golds drop period in Fire Temple. In the two months I have been back I have gotten 5 golds as I have been questing and a handful of blues. As far as Kinah I hear the Balauria content is very nice on Kinah rewards. I'm not sure though but I'm 49 so I'll let you know soon.

Yes Im talking about Balic crafts and I've been there lately after all updates. The balic drop rates was supposed to increase but the material prices still continued to be sky high so nothing has changed about the grinding time and cost it takes to craft good items.

It's not that difficult at lower levels to get items. Im only talking about end game that requires insane amount of time if you wanna compete and be in party with the hardcore guys.

• RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56

Patch 2.5 for Aion comes on 25 May 2011 !!!

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I tried Aion again in 2011, Reguardless of their changes the reason I will not play Aion, is because of what they are doing, and I have said this in another post once, but will post here again for you.

1. NC Soft as we all know add weapon skins, and Pets to their cash shop, but the specific reason I will not return back to Aion again is because NC Soft wants to charge people Real Life money just to do plastic surgery, or change a characters appearance, or any detail of a character, and I believe this should all be free with a paid subscription but instead they want to nickle and dime its customers.

I have been playing Aion since Beta, and It was a great game at first, but once they add additional services like this and start screwing over its customers I refuse to play any games like this.

Here is a small list of games that do not nickle and dime people Including some Free 2 play games.

1. Global Agenda

2. World OF Warcraft

3. Star Trek Online

4. Champions Online

5. DarkFall Online

I have played all these games, and they allow me to change, or customize my character FREE OF CHARGE at any time I want to, however they do sell additional items in a cash shop, but they allow me to customize all my base characters such as voice, Sound, Character height all for free, I dont have to pay for it.

The only two things I think are acceptable for any game company to charge for are.

Character Transfers, or Character Rename, and additional services but not things that will impact actual game play.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by Renoaku

I tried Aion again in 2011, Reguardless of their changes the reason I will not play Aion, is because of what they are doing, and I have said this in another post once, but will post here again for you.

1. NC Soft as we all know add weapon skins, and Pets to their cash shop, but the specific reason I will not return back to Aion again is because NC Soft wants to charge people Real Life money just to do plastic surgery, or change a characters appearance, or any detail of a character, and I believe this should all be free with a paid subscription but instead they want to nickle and dime its customers.

I have been playing Aion since Beta, and It was a great game at first, but once they add additional services like this and start screwing over its customers I refuse to play any games like this.

Here is a small list of games that do not nickle and dime people Including some Free 2 play games.

1. Global Agenda

2. World OF Warcraft

3. Star Trek Online

4. Champions Online

5. DarkFall Online

I have played all these games, and they allow me to change, or customize my character FREE OF CHARGE at any time I want to, however they do sell additional items in a cash shop, but they allow me to customize all my base characters such as voice, Sound, Character height all for free, I dont have to pay for it.

The only two things I think are acceptable for any game company to charge for are.

Character Transfers, or Character Rename, and additional services but not things that will impact actual game play.

I agree that NC should allow one free appearance ticket to each character of a person with a paying subscription.  That said, very few games allow you to change your appearance once you've created your character without charging you to do so.  Can you change your appearance for free in WoW now?

As you said, the items that NC sells have no effect on actual gameplay.  They are fluff and I don't have a problem with it.  I would much rather pay for a game with this feature than a F2P with a cash shop.  I think the bigger problem is people want the shiny things other people have.

Look at it this way.  That money goes into the same pot as subscription money.  That money, hopefully, is going towards future development and support for the game.

Edit: You do know that WoW has a cash shop with in game items right? Mounts, pets, etc? I have not played the others you have listed but I would take WoW off of that list.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

I really love Aion, in it’s present state it is a lorra fun to play, and update 2.5 should turn it into a blast.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

A lot of people coming back for 2.5 !

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Renoaku

1. Global Agenda

2. World OF Warcraft

3. Star Trek Online

4. Champions Online

5. DarkFall Online

*walks up to mic*

"world of warcraft charges for appearance customization"

*walks away from mic*

stops...

*walks back to mic*

"doesn't STO and CO charge for specific outfits that can only be obtained in their online store?"

In addtion, a company can charge anything for anything. If people pay for it then that means the market can bear it. If people don't pay for it then the market can't and the companies need to rethink how they monetize their game.

*walks away... goes to make dinner*

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo