Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW now UTTERLY unplayable.

124»

Comments

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by echolynfan

Originally posted by Kamandi777

Originally posted by Sovrath

Guilds blow, unless you like being codified and rated by others with standards imposed by a 14 year old bedwetting virgin "who knows the fights"

//

I just want to pwn, but the devs think I should not.

Please tell me you can appreciate the irony.

Not all guilds are going to weigh and measure you. There are great guilds out there that are more about the family of the guild over coming "up to this line" to play.

I don't  read any irony in this.  The last raid I went to had a reedy voiced 14 year old lording over his "subjects" (guild members) dispensing loot and insults, his mom was his assistant who cajoled members more than he did.  You would have thought they were directing a life saving operation in Japan, not a raid in a game.

Please show me the irony.  I have taken Advanced Composition and Intro to Critcism, both 300 level English classes.., and I see no irony.

LOL so true!

I absolutely HATE raiding - it's simply the most time consuming boring thing ever created for a game. My beef with the gear thing for PVP is this: In order to get the top end gear - you have to do Rated BG's or Arena. I have no problem with this - but the thing that gets me is you can run heroics for Valor Points and trade those in for Conquest points to buy top tier PVP gear. However - there's no way to trade in honor points from BG's for Conquest points.

So - you can do PVE to get points to trade in for Conquest but not PVP. Does this make ANY sense?

I'm with you on this. I love PvP - and I like WoW PvP - but the idea that I have to get gear for PvP by going through scripted PvE boring fights - where I HAVE to kill some stupid giant scripted "Bosses" makes me want to PUKE.

If I wanted to kill some AI NPC over and over, I would play any Single-Player game. What's more, even in those singleplayer games there is more than one "proper" way to kill them.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Ballsout

OP is right. This game reminds me of Metallica. Started out good, Black album was looking for radio play, and then "Load", which is where this game is now.

OP is complaining that getting heirloom gear is too hard for someone to repeatedly twink. 

Your signature would lead me to believe you don't like WoW because of how easy its getting, yet the OP wants it to be easier.  I don't think you agree with him.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

OK I will edit this so you can get it.

Qs way to long.

Solo play not fully supported.

Guild membership has perks solo players cannot receive.

Even battlegrounds are now guild/team focused.

Unacceptable.

<------------ single player games are thataway.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

So you're saying, the most solo player centric game on the market isn't solo player friendly enough for you? Maybe you're in the wrong genre...

I mean, because of WoW, MMOs are barely MMOs anymore. They play more like singleplayer games with a few coop dungeons, a la Diablo. There's very little multiplayer left to cut out. Especially now with the dungeon finder garbage.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I think what many people are looking for is a MMORPG that is free for all and exploratory in nature. Which doesn't fit WoW's theme park game.

What WoW is, like many other MMOs, is a Massively Multiplayer Online Co-operative Game. There is no 'role play' in WoW. It's just a game that you co-operate in to take down the big bad.

I know there are times I really don't wish to group up with people who are either pants on head retarded or the ultimate 'you're not worth my time' gear elitists or generally don't have a good attitude.

Yet the game is forcing you to team up with a bunch of others that you either don't like, aren't meeting your expectations, aren't happy with the expectations of you, etc. It's not easy to co-operate with others, and that's where WoW is failing with its formula.

What's worse is the whole entire guild leveling system that was implemented, also makes things a long drawn out grind to get what you want out of it. Thus restricting the process of finding the guild that's right for you and discouraging in leaving a bad guild because of the said benefits.

It's really one problem after another than hampers the game and why people are asking for more solo content. Because the ways of meeting people are limited and grouping functions are inadequate to form a community.

Having little community to speak of means there are little ways of joining in groups with other people since you've never met them before. You are either stuck out in the cold with limited solo content or thrown in with people who aren't on the same wavelength as you are.

Forums are usually a good way of creating a little community in a busy online game. But even then that fails in WoW.

If you can't find a way to take part in 100% of the game's content. You may as well just cancel your subscription now and find some thing else worth your time.

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I am not a huge fan of WoW, but it has, for a very long time, promoted playing in a guild. And honestly, if you can't find a group of people in the game to befriend and play with and form a guild with, you probably are not social enough to enjoy a MMO game in the first place.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by AzurePrower

I think what many people are looking for is a MMORPG that is free for all and exploratory in nature. Which doesn't fit WoW's theme park game.

What WoW is, like many other MMOs, is a Massively Multiplayer Online Co-operative Game. There is no 'role play' in WoW. It's just a game that you co-operate in to take down the big bad.

I know there are times I really don't wish to group up with people who are either pants on head retarded or the ultimate 'you're not worth my time' gear elitists or generally don't have a good attitude.

Yet the game is forcing you to team up with a bunch of others that you either don't like, aren't meeting your expectations, aren't happy with the expectations of you, etc. It's not easy to co-operate with others, and that's where WoW is failing with its formula.

What's worse is the whole entire guild leveling system that was implemented, also makes things a long drawn out grind to get what you want out of it. Thus restricting the process of finding the guild that's right for you and discouraging in leaving a bad guild because of the said benefits.

It's really one problem after another than hampers the game and why people are asking for more solo content. Because the ways of meeting people are limited and grouping functions are inadequate to form a community.

Having little community to speak of means there are little ways of joining in groups with other people since you've never met them before. You are either stuck out in the cold with limited solo content or thrown in with people who aren't on the same wavelength as you are.

Forums are usually a good way of creating a little community in a busy online game. But even then that fails in WoW.

If you can't find a way to take part in 100% of the game's content. You may as well just cancel your subscription now and find some thing else worth your time.

How is that the games fault? Is the game making you not meet people? image

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

If you don't expect to participate in guilds, groups, or any other form of participation, don't play online rpg's.

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Slampig

Originally posted by AzurePrower

How is that the games fault? Is the game making you not meet people? 

Instancing, Phasing, Cross server match making. All good ideas in theory. But hampers meeting others in game.

Not to mention level barriers whilst leveling up, already established guild circles, etc.

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144

I haven't played since right after the expansion but I logged on a few times this weekend.  I thought I had a system for playing WoW, but even that has been compromised by the devs.   I see people with heirloom helmets and cloaks.  I look them up on wowhead and find they require GUILD PARTICIPATION.  Just another way the devs are corraling people into play styles we may not like.  Guilds blow, unless you like being codified and rated by others with standards imposed by a 14 year old bedwetting virgin "who knows the fights".  I pride myself in not knowing the fights.  The last thing I want to do is raid.  But if I want the new heirlooms guess what?  I have to raid...IN A GUILD.

I'm sorry, your problem with an MMO... is not wanting to be social. You kind of destroyed the point, right there. 

30 minutes Queues for everything. 

Broke out my priest.  I tried to heal a level 84 instance and was oom the whole time.  Yes I stacked spirit out the wazooo!

When any expansion comes out, you're going to need to respec and such. While there is a mana issue, this sounds more like your problem, than the games. 

I went as a dps and watched the same stupidity WoW is famous for. Hunters whose only goal in life is to tank.  Rogues who die every pull.  NEED NEED NEED!

It's supposed to be challenging. If the tank can't hold agro, and the rogues stand in fire, it's their fault. Would you rather have it stupid easy, to the point where nothing happens?

EVEN THE BATTLEGROUNDS demand what amounts to Arena Team or Guild participation.

Again, it's an MMO, get over it. This is your personal problem. I think MMOs need more of this, to be honest. A game that is played 100% specifically, by the definition of it's genre, as a multi-player game, SHOULD have pleanty of team play.

Totally unplayable for someone like me who will not conform to anyones standards or be part of a hierarchy like a guild.

You don't need hierarchy. Find a better guild

I just want to pwn, but the devs think I should not.

again, and in conclusion: BY DEFINITION an MMO is meant to be played with other people If you can't handle that, go play with yourself. 

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by i00x00i

If you don't expect to participate in guilds, groups, or any other form of participation, don't play online rpg's.

The OP's playstyle was viable until now . I believe that is his main complaint. I'm sure there are quite a few others that feel the same way as the OP. Well anyways, what's done is done.  Either adapt or find another game.

• AkaroniaAkaronia Member Posts: 138

And this my friends is a prime example of what is wrong with the community on WoW.  There are perfectly good guilds that DO NOT raid and already have access to the cloak that I know of for a fact and you do not HAVE to raid.  You have to do high level quests and dungeons with your guild.  It just takes longer for a guild who does not raid to level is all.  That is what social guilds are for.  Guilds that MAKE you raid are classed as hardcore raiding guilds.  There are a number of different kinds of guilds out there.  They are not all the same.  And some guilds are small nit communities that could actually use a person who doesn't raid as much and quests more.  So what you say is not true.  What is the point of an MMO if you are not a commmunity player?  That was what I was told when I started playing MMOs was that the WHOLE purpose for them is to socialize and do things together with friends... 

In fact for some of us folks who play MMOs the reason we do is because we have health problems and no sicial life other than MMOs so what is the point of playing an MMO if you NEVER play and do things with friends?

Trust me I am not a lover of the WoW community and in fact have turned off my account but I say it how it is.  One of my biggest frustrations in WoW was exactly people with this attitude that they should not HAVE to help their guild even though they want things from it.  That is not community working together that is someone who wants handouts and expects everyone else to do the work that needs done so that they CAN have this stuff.  Being and ex-guild and raid leader myself people like the OP are actually quite frustrating to those who have worked all of their lives for everything they have and know that it takes community to make something like an MMO work.  Sure I told my raiders to get enchantments and the proper gems but I NEVVER told people in our guild that they HAD to raid.  There are other ways to help the guild without raiding.

Look for a good social guild that just runs heroics and what not.  And infact going back and doing old stuff as a guild levels it too and that can be a blast instead of oh I have to have the best gear and right now.

If you are antisocial then just find a small guild where you think you might be comfortable.  Sometimes you have to move around to find your nitch.  But no not all guilds MAKE you raid.  And you might be surprised to find if you try different guilds you might actually find one you like doing things with.  :D

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

WoW is not, in fact, "utterly unplayable".

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

Successful troll post is successful.

• TKDAAHTKDAAH Member Posts: 13

Just a thought, but I think Blizzard is just pushing for you to play the MMO part of the RPG. You shouldn't play an MMORPG if you want to solo 2/3s of the game.

The cake is still a lie.

• AkaroniaAkaronia Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by TKDAAH

Just a thought, but I think Blizzard is just pushing for you to play the MMO part of the RPG. You shouldn't play an MMORPG if you want to solo 2/3s of the game.

The thiing is you can play WoW for years be a very sociable person and still not find more than a handful of people who are nice depending on the server you are on.  Don't get me wrong I am not agreeing with the OP on this honestly he is just whining because he doesn't like being a team player.  But there are a lot of not so nice people on WoW and you can try guilds who raid and such and some can be very pushy and demanding.  However there is also a problem unless you are in a hardcore raiding guild you can not depend on enough people out there to show up on time or get burnt out so fast next thing you know don't have enough for a raid even though you have done everything in your power to help them get geared, gemmed, and enchanted if they get tired they jsut quit even though you were depening on them because they are fickle adn can not decide what they want to stick with.

So even when people have someone who helps them on WoW a lot of times all they do is take advantage never wshow up and yet when they are on expect everything from you.  It seems to be the mememe generation that plays WoW.  They don't think about other people for anything other than for what they can get from them.  Then you find a friend join their guild and find out that unless you are perfect in everything you do you are as replacable as a doorknib even though you were doing what you were supposed to just fine and this is how people treat one another so I don't quite understand how people say things about not being sociable enough.

There is such a thing as boundaries and you can be as sociable as you want and sometimes the more sociable you are the worse you get treated by the players on WoW.  And thus comes the issue of a problem when forced to only do one thing on a game is that some people do not think they deserve to be brow beaten by someone who has raided a long time.

Don't get me wrong when I played I had people that taught me how to raid and other things and I appreciate that very much but everytime you turn around someone is telling you they don't need your class for their raids and so forth.  Now how friendly is that?  If you are melee you get treated like crap unless someone in a guild just happnes to have a spot open.  Then you can be loyal show up everytime and then someone comes along that someone decides they like better and then they replace you.

That is not community IMO.  That is BS is what that is and that is what WoW is is a big viscious circle of.  No one is loyal to anyone even though they are the one that ALWAYS shows up on time and never flakes out.  I do believe this may be what people are referring to as to why they do not like the guilds in WoW is because this happens constantly on there.  Then there is the whole issue of being treated like putty because you are a female who can run right along side of the best but because you are female you are nothing and are disposable.  This was another issue I found in the guilds that raided.  So you can take or leave what people think but this was my experience when I tended to go outside of  my guild and try to make friends on  WoW  and be what you consider social.

What some might consider social others might not think so because a lot of people do not know even how to be socially exceptable on their.  If they did then all of these conversations about the community on WoW would not come up.

• citan79citan79 Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Hey op. Guilds are not as bad as you make it sound. You do not have raid to get guild rep you can just do heroics. Your are making too much drama out of nothing. The game is multjplayer. It sounds to me like you want it to play as a single player or an dps.