Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft subscription down 600,000 to 11.4 million subs.

FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/09/world-of-warcraft-subscriptions-decline-slightly-to-11-4-million-worldwide-new-premium-mount-soon/

Ceo of blizzard said wow  subscriptions down 600,000k subs to 11.4 million subscribers total.

Comments

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

the article is reliable steaight out of Ceo blizzard's mouth in the article. This is not from some random rumor link., as its proof.

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129

*shoots wife and kids, then takes his cat with him to an island to repopulate after the apocalypse is over*

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Furor

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/09/world-of-warcraft-subscriptions-decline-slightly-to-11-4-million-worldwide-new-premium-mount-soon/

Ceo of blizzard said wow  subscriptions down 600,000k subs to 11.4 million subscribers total.

Yamota already made a thread about this.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Would make sense since Rift released not too long ago.. I don't expect it to keep dropping though, it'll actually probably go up as rift's population is stablizeing and more and more people are leaving it to go back to WoW..

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Only 11.4 million!?!?!

Don't these quitters understand that they gots mouths to feed!?!?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Originally posted by Nobadeeftw

*shoots wife and kids, then takes his cat with him to an island to repopulate after the apocalypse is over*

Thank you sir. I really needed that laugh today.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Nobadeeftw

Poor cat V_V

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

That's a lot of people, but I think the 12 million figure was a peak at the height of the new-expansion excitement.  That's died down now.  I personally don't think a game like Rift had any effect at all, but then I haven't spoke to the 600,000 quitters.  The people who left the game from my guild have done so because they've had children.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Puts a lot into context though, most MMOs have less active players than wow lost last year, and if ToR picked them up it would be "profitable" consider the financial power that gives blizzard a game with the budget of ToR needs 500,000 to be " profitable but nothing to write home about" wow can lose 600,000 in a year and its about 5% of their base.....

Now tell me why its acceptable for them to pump out nothing but bland unimaginative recycled content......

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

And it won't make a bit of difference because Blizzard will get the majority of them all back the next time they release a major content update or new expansion.

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

You don't quit wow. Wow quits you! pfft

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Shoju

And it won't make a bit of difference because Blizzard will get the majority of them all back the next time they release a major content update or new expansion.

with those kinds of figures though.. who cares ?image

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Im back to wow, didnt resub past first month...

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by Zoulz

This is quite true. It's not that we quit the game we started. It's that the devs saw the new majority of the playerbase beeing another one and changed the game accordingly. It's not us who forsake wow but wow who forsake us and changed to a bigger groups demands

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

I'm one of those, I came back to wow about 2 months before cata to get "ready"(played some 1-60) got cata day one and played for about  a month then quit again. Same shit different paint (at "endgame").

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

Originally posted by Aison2

Originally posted by Zoulz

This is quite true. It's not that we quit the game we started. It's that the devs saw the new majority of the playerbase beeing another one and changed the game accordingly. It's not us who forsake wow but wow who forsake us and changed to a bigger groups demands

I was just being silly. :P

But I guess you could read that into my statement. Although I don't share your sentiment since it's not true. They want anyone to be able to play their games and that has never changed. It was true when they started making games and it's true today. The average gamer has just changed alot over the years. Gaming is mainstream now.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking as a duplicate.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.