Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTF Is The Hulk Doing In Final Fantasy XIV?

GeowashGeowash Member Posts: 372

Ive been playing Final Fantasy XIV a little bit over the week and on the day I thought id film the 11th episode of Level up guess who showed up in the last 5 or so min of the episode? THE F N HULK. No joke... hes green... hes big... and yeah. The only thing he doesnt have is purple shorts and a six pack. Just sayin.

Level Up Episode 11- WTF Is The Hulk Doing In FFXIV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vL0uuvItM4

Make sure to comment, rate, and subscribe!

Comments

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

Bloody Hulk, he gets everywhere.  Had his finger in my beer earlier. 

Chins

• GeowashGeowash Member Posts: 372

Originally posted by thebigchin11

Bloody Hulk, he gets everywhere.  Had his finger in my beer earlier. 

Dude I know... hes such a attention whore haha.

What other games have you seen the hulk in? Ive seen him in Champions online a few times!

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

For some reason I feel like this was just a stunt to get someone to watch that abysmally boring video that I didn't want to watch in the first place, that in no way looked ANYTHING like the hulk, for one he had a beard, two the hulk is almost neon green,; that  is a Roegadyn....not the Hulk. This probably was one of the most inane posts I have ever seen, I'm sorry, I know I'm being brutally harsh, I'm just...yeah. :/ 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by MisterSr

For some reason I feel like this was just a stunt to get someone to watch that abysmally boring video that I didn't want to watch in the first place, that in no way looked ANYTHING like the hulk, for one he had a beard, two the hulk is almost neon green,; that  is a Roegadyn....not the Hulk. This probably was one of the most inane posts I have ever seen, I'm sorry, I know I'm being brutally harsh, I'm just...yeah. :/ 

You're not harsh. You're just becoming a more aware consumer.  The giveaway was being told you had to watch the whole thing before you got to the teaser. In time you won't have to watch a boring video before you can spot the mis-direction.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Originally posted by grunty

You're not harsh. You're just becoming a more aware consumer.  The giveaway was being told you had to watch the whole thing before you got to the teaser. In time you won't have to watch a boring video before you can spot the mis-direction.

I think the video was somewhat useful for people such as my self attempting to play this game. The hulk part just threw me off because im a veterain MMOPRG player and the last time ive seen something green it was a Goblin or the Hulk. Some people got the joke.

Thanks,

GeoWash

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

"Hulk" is @ 18:38 (not that is was worth skipping through 20min of fotage)

Thought i'd save you all the trouble of listening to this guy being lost, generally confused, and saying "uh.." a lot.

Not to be rude but this was a pretty pointless vid, may want to have a general idea of what you are going to do and atleast have the game setup propperly before recording :

Originally posted by just2duh

"Hulk" is @ 18:38 (not that is was worth skipping through 20min of fotage)

Thought i'd save you all the trouble of listening to this guy being lost, generally confused, and saying "uh.." a lot.

Not to be rude but this was a pretty pointless vid, may want to have a general idea of what you are going to do and atleast have the game setup propperly before recording :

The point of these are first looks. And I thought setting up the UI was a good thing to show knowing most games dont have that function. As far as me getting lost... I mean... its Final Fantasy XIV.

• M00nk3yM00nk3y Member CommonPosts: 18

heh i just watched the video, it was funny. not haha funny but still funny.

Related news: Francis-7 Demands Obama show his Lifejewel or report to Carousel.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

FFXIV still have a server up?

Originally posted by seabeast

FFXIV still have a server up?

Surprisingly yes. Its B2P technically right now though. I guess Square Enix knows that know one will pay for a game this broken.

Originally posted by M00nk3y

heh i just watched the video, it was funny. not haha funny but still funny.

I think this confused me more than the Hulk appearing in a star role in the first 40 min of FFXIV. ;)

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Originally posted by Geowash

I think the video was somewhat useful for people such as my self attempting to play this game. The hulk part just threw me off because im a veterain MMOPRG player and the last time ive seen something green it was a Goblin or the Hulk. Some people got the joke.

Thanks,

GeoWash

It's not that I didn't get the joke, maybe the joke appealed to a baser sort of mind than the average...person, but regardless, his color green didn't even look like the Hulk. I mean you were just sorting yourself up to be mocked, the video was quite pointless and the joke at the end was just...abysmally NOT funny, and why you made it the topic of the thread I have no clue. I dunno man... I dunno, hahaha. 

Originally posted by Geowash

Thanks,

GeoWash

It's not that I didn't get the joke, maybe the joke appealed to a baser sort of mind than the average...person, but regardless, his color green didn't even look like the Hulk. I mean you were just sorting yourself up to be mocked, the video was quite pointless and the joke at the end was just...abysmally NOT funny, and why you made it the topic of the thread I have no clue. I dunno man... I dunno, hahaha. 

I respect that some didnt think it was funny, it more of caught me off guard than anything... partly because like I said, normally the only green things you see are goblins.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

The complaints about the engine are unwarranted at this point in time.

Just have to accept that maybe the hardware can't run everything at ultra maximum extreme™ while recording.

Fumbling around and not knowing most of the keybinds isn't going to do fantastical things for the games reputation, or what is left of it.

Also stop complaining about having to walk. =p

Originally posted by DarkVagabond

The complaints about the engine are unwarranted at this point in time.

Just have to accept that maybe the hardware can't run everything at ultra maximum extreme™ while recording.

Fumbling around and not knowing most of the keybinds isn't going to do fantastical things for the games reputation, or what is left of it.

Also stop complaining about having to walk. =p

Im just wondering why a smart company like Square Enix would release such a broken engine. As far as the hot keys, Level Up is a first impressions type show that I talk about my first initial thoughts on the game im currently playing. I did say I was having fun though so you have to give me credit for that one... I honestly thought I was going to rip on it more. About the walking im a lazy American... sooo =P