Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loving it so far

Since it's release the iPad has received quite a bit of games. Some bad, some so-so, and good, and there have been some that are REALLY great. The system is probably known best for the puzzle/strategy type games that plague it. From angry birds and it's many clones (I'm looking right at you trucks & skulls), to cut the rope, to the many find it games in the app store. There have been though some really good action adventure games, racers, and shooters on the system. As the months go by new games come out that simply look and play amazing. As time moves on, developers will learn how to squeeze the most out of the iPad/iPad2.

Order & Chaos isn't the best looking game on the system. Gameloft has made several games that blow this one visually out of the water. However, like most mmos, this game sacrifices looks for a huge world. The game looks and feels like vanilla WoW back when it first came out (and that's a good thing). Gameloft has done what many other companies have done before it; they've created a WoW clone. One that works on the iOS devices. It boggles the mind that you can actually play an mmo one a portable device. This isn't the first mmo on the iPad, but in my opinion it's the best.

The game gives you multiple races and classes to choose from, and it throws in crafting to boot. The quests are on par with what you would see in WoW and EQ (at least in the early levels). Leveling up gives you skill points to spend. Trainers have books for you to purchase as you level up to increase core spells/abilities.

There is an ingame store, but it's not a game breaker. You can purchase items that increase the amount of xp you get from killing mobs for a certain period of time. You can purchase items that buff your attributes, and vanity pets (they're just for looks). I haven't seen anything in the store that's a game breaker...well perhaps the fact that you can purchase in game currency. Some folks might see that as a deal breaker, I don't.

The one negative aspect to the game is that quest drops don't drop for the whole party (at least not for all quests). This creates bottle necks. I've also found that many people refuse to group up on kill missions. That just doesn't make sense to me. So you'll have quite a few people camping the same mob. Each trying to get the first hit in. This wouldn't be an issue of course if more people were willing to group up at least for the fiew minutes needed for the kill.

All in all this is a deep full fledged mmo experience on a portable device. If you have an iPad, be sure to give this one a try.

Comments

• AjukrajziAjukrajzi Member UncommonPosts: 13

Nice theres someone who's giving a short review of the game.. Im getting an iPad myself and i thought about playing this game.. I have a few questions.. Are there dungeons/raids like other MMORPGs? and are the server international? or for example only US/EU. Are the world big? alot of content and so on and what about PvP? :-)

So far from what i've have seen from youtube the game is looking much better than Pocket Legends :-)

• KaledornKaledorn Member Posts: 6
    From what I can tell there are no dungeons and raids at the moment, but the community is asking for them.

The servers are us/eu.

The game world is huuuge. There are a lot of quests in the game, lots of things to kill, and areas to explore, guilds are in game as well.

There are two forms of pvp. You can either duel or travel to one of the open pvp zones. Everyone outside of your group is a valid target in those areas.

I'm a fan of pocket legends, but I do think this game is in a higher league.

Grata on your future iPad, :)

By the way the game will play on the iphone and some itouch.
  • AjukrajziAjukrajzi Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Ahh okay i hope they will make some dungeons then :)
    But it looks promising and mmorpgs on a tablet/phone is great
    Are the game populated?
  • KaledornKaledorn Member Posts: 6
    The game servers are very populated. Loads of people running around.
  • Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

I'd play it on my android 2, however I'm not in the mood to drop $7 on something I probably won't use much. If I had an iPad2 I'd consider it but I'm not about to drop $300+ dollars on hardwear for just one app.

• LiasoLiaso Member Posts: 6
    I agree very nice game been playing for sometime and lvl 50 by now. Its not a easy game and looks and file are,like wow.
    You can buy gold but if you enhance in the game its not really needed as you make enough money by farming and dooing quest.
    They are adding new content but it takes some time. The new 2 relase is planned for september and the first dungeon will be added.

Gr liaso
  • Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Ok I have a problem; I downloaded this for my ipod touch just to try it out and a month later after I sync with my PC it dissappeared. If I redownload it again its going to charge me a second time and that don't seem to make sence. is there somewhere I can just download the client without paying twice and simply log into my old account?

If not then oh well. It's only 7 bucks but still just dont make sence you would have to do that again.

Any info would be helpful, thanks!

• Bizmah7Bizmah7 Member Posts: 5

It doesn't charge you twice, as long as you re-buy it on the same iTunes account.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    I am absolutely hooked to this game right now, the only issue I have is that it really drains the batt, hence why I'm looking to get an extended battery for my S4.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Originally posted by Kaledorn

Since it's release the iPad has received quite a bit of games. Some bad, some so-so, and good, and there have been some that are REALLY great.

[...]

The game gives you multiple races and classes to choose from, and it throws in crafting to boot. The quests are on par with what you would see in WoW and EQ (at least in the early levels). Leveling up gives you skill points to spend. Trainers have books for you to purchase as you level up to increase core spells/abilities.

There is an ingame store, but it's not a game breaker. You can purchase items that increase the amount of xp you get from killing mobs for a certain period of time. You can purchase items that buff your attributes, and vanity pets (they're just for looks). I haven't seen anything in the store that's a game breaker...well perhaps the fact that you can purchase in game currency. Some folks might see that as a deal breaker, I don't.

[...]

Ugh, I was downloading this for Ouya... now I'm pretty sure I'll cancel.  Thanks for the warning.  I think I might just play some Yatzhee instead; at least it's impossible to buy a 6 in that game.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance