Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news about BETA ?

mcoltmcolt Member Posts: 2

So, game was planned to be released at June 01, and nothing yet...

As a DaoC Veteran player, i cant wait till imperator, seems it will have all i miss at DaoC, and focused on PvE (thats what i like).

But.... No news yet. anyone has any idea when Beta will be released ?

Comments

• etruscanetruscan Member Posts: 130

As far as I know... the game's in early early Alpha... and I was under the impression they didn't have any release date even close to being established. The mmorpg.com estimated release date is June 1, 2006... next year. I would hazard a guess that's an early release.

I'm excited about Imperator too... but I wouldn't expect a beta this year.

• ScratchScratch Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by etruscan

As far as I know... the game's in early early Alpha... and I was under the impression they didn't have any release date even close to being established. The mmorpg.com estimated release date is June 1, 2006... next year. I would hazard a guess that's an early release.
    I'm excited about Imperator too... but I wouldn't expect a beta this year.

agreed.   It was set at June 2005 then pushed back to Nov 2005 and now I wouldn't expect it till mid-next year.   I've been waiting since this game was annouced a few years ago.   Another year wont kill me.   Enough MMO's to keep me occupied till then.
  • Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

From emails I have had between myself as an Imperator Guild Leader (yes, some exist even at this early stage!) and Sanya (Mythic Internet Relations) I am expecting the closed beta towards the later half of this year.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• MlescaultMlescault Imperator DesignerMember Posts: 2

Our latest announcement regarding Beta was Winter 2005.

-Mike

• puffdragonpuffdragon Member Posts: 122

*offers a cookie for an invite to beta when it comes out*

• etruscanetruscan Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by Mlescault

Our latest announcement regarding Beta was Winter 2005.
    -Mike

Very good. I look forward to it!

• GageEndalGageEndal Member Posts: 10

(some of us read the newsletters)

Imperator's original beta release date was November 2005, it was pushed back so they could get everything they wanted in added first. The new release date is early-mid 2006 depending on how quickly they decide to let us into the game.

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292
    I assume that if you have an active DAoC account your chances of getting into beta go up, right?

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• GageEndalGageEndal Member Posts: 10

God, I hope not. The last thing I need is to hop into a game I have been waiting a year to see just to have 5,000 little minions blazing around complaining about how there is no PvP. That and I don't have a DAoC account (eg)

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

Originally posted by Lunar_Knight
    I assume that if you have an active DAoC account your chances of getting into beta go up, right?

I would not expect that to be the case at all. It may go up if you have beta-tested for Mythic in any capacity before though, and were seen to be a good contributor to the process.

Otherwise, I would expect a fresh draw of testers as with any newly produced game.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• MSCavMSCav Member UncommonPosts: 141

I really want to beta test this game, looks great.

Yeah I did not enjoy DAOC so I would hope not to be punished for that (but I can see them doing it).

THe problem with so many MMOs is that they announce them so early! I mean I dont even care about Middle Earth Online anymore because they announced it about 2 years ago when the movies were hot. It still is not out, and now I really dont care. I hope they work their tails off to get us Beta by winter (this year) because you get psyched for a game and then after years waiting excitement tends to fade.

Cav, Senior Commander Midnight Squadron.  midnightsquadron.com