Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online has it improved enough to be worth it?

HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The key question is has Mortal Online improved enough to be worth the 21USD a month for it?   The core factors that drove away so many including myself was the bugs, and lack of actual depth to the gameplay.   It was just about the fighting thats it.   They have so many racial combinations but only 1 is worth it because of the concentration on combat.   Anyother choice is nerfing yourself.   Then the ease of hacking the MO game is surprisingly simple, with everything based client side, and the MONSTEROUS system load due to extra junk code in the game, just makes it near unplayable when most of us left after the so called "Epic" patch.   Which was epic, but a epic fail, not exactly what they were looking for.

But unfortuantely, with the struggles of Mortal, and other sandbox games by indie game companies is just depressing.

So much crap, so little quality.

Comments

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647
    First, 21 USD a month? Look into alternate methods of payment, your bank or whomever is making a fortune on those currency conversions apparently...

Second, this sounds less like a request for updated status and more like a list of criticisms in the present tense... just thought id bring it up. Anyway, most of my complaints of the past have been resolved, except the launcher still takes forever to install updates... I had to run a client integrity scan first-thing... after that though, the games shaping up nicely.
  • AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Based on your post, I somehow doubt you are approaching this with an open mind. It sounds like you have already made your decision regarding the game. However, I think that it is based on outdated information. The game barely resembles what it was in beta and release. 

If you are really looking for a good sandbox game, give Mortal a chance. These guys have made great progress since release and the game is only getting better. Don't let your experiences from when you first tried it disuade you. Remember that SV was forced to release the game much too early due to financial difficulties. They have had a bunch of problems along the way and the game is by no means perfect, but it is becoming something great.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I tried it, liked the sandbox feel...but like any sandbox, you need a population to really enjoy it.  I found very little to no population.  Go to the forums and just look at recent posts, some days have very few recent posts...thats a good way to judge activity.  With a population, the game may be worth it,...dont know.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by afhn2110

I tried it, liked the sandbox feel...but like any sandbox, you need a population to really enjoy it.  I found very little to no population.  Go to the forums and just look at recent posts, some days have very few recent posts...thats a good way to judge activity.  With a population, the game may be worth it,...dont know.

I'm playing the game right now, the game is not that populated, but you can find people in every city. There is population enough for your trades and equip yourself.

I'm at BakTi, Forsaken is a clan that lives there, they're crafters and very active... a very good city to be if you are playing alone. Meduli also has a active population.. with lots of new players.

I heard that fabernum is less populated, Morin Kur mus be also due the distance from good spots..

I agree if the game had more people playing it would be much better, but the game is far from dead yet.  Its not perfect, in fact the game has too many flaws, but even in this shape Mortal is the best sandbox we have hehe , sad but true.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by funkmastaD

First, 21 USD a month? Look into alternate methods of payment, your bank or whomever is making a fortune on those currency conversions apparently... Second, this sounds less like a request for updated status and more like a list of criticisms in the present tense... just thought id bring it up. Anyway, most of my complaints of the past have been resolved, except the launcher still takes forever to install updates... I had to run a client integrity scan first-thing... after that though, the games shaping up nicely.

Explain what you mean by alternate methods of payment? 

When I left the game back in November of last year, it was one payment method, with three options.   ALL in euros. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by Hodo

Originally posted by funkmastaD

First, 21 USD a month? Look into alternate methods of payment, your bank or whomever is making a fortune on those currency conversions apparently... Second, this sounds less like a request for updated status and more like a list of criticisms in the present tense... just thought id bring it up. Anyway, most of my complaints of the past have been resolved, except the launcher still takes forever to install updates... I had to run a client integrity scan first-thing... after that though, the games shaping up nicely.

Explain what you mean by alternate methods of payment? 

When I left the game back in November of last year, it was one payment method, with three options.   ALL in euros. 

Credit card vs paypal vs. some other online banking who I've never heard of. 

With paypal the monthly sub costs around 16 USD (16.11 this last time, not sure how variable the exchange rate is).