Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition : SWG Fresh Start Server [Mod Edit]

13»

Comments

• StekkyStekky Member Posts: 36

If SOE were to laucnch a pre-CU server I would put in trial time EASY.      HELL ,   this entire forum has built up SWG pre-cu as if were the second coming of crafter Jesus.      I'd LOVE to try outt the game just AS you had played without all the modifications done by a random community mod.     If the crafting were 1./4 of what I was to believe I'd throw down my "hard earned" money right now!

• rabidabbeyrabidabbey Member Posts: 13

Yes indeed. Especially if they put it back pre-NGE.

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476

only way i would play swg again is if they rolled back the versions to to pre-cu.. then sure i would love to have another go.. and iif they kept it how it orriginally was i would stick around with it too probably as my number one game..

swtor looks like a pile of rubbish compaired to what swg used to be.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

Only if it was a classic server but how long would it be before SOE messes that up. I wouldn't trust SOE as far as I could spit.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by GreenHell
    I just cant see the point in it. Do you really believe that there would be enough interested people to make a fresh start server worth it? I doubt it. At this point the game is all set up to go on cruise control until they finally shut it down. The few people that want a fresh server just wouldn't justify the expense (no matter how small that expense may be) of making one. People will not come back in droves to a fresh server on a game that is just about dead.

*cough* a certain SWG game has about 1500 players on a good night, this is even after server wipes too.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by nero_usr
    The ONLY thing that is keeping the remaining players in swg is the freedom to do what you want when you want, the sandbox style of play. If swtor added those mechanics into teh game ( and they wont, as theyve already said) they would be on to an mmo that would easily surpass wow in every respect.

I highly doubt any kind of sandbox environment in SWTOR would make it surpass WoW, people in WoW (and Aion, Rift, LoTRO, and all those other hack'n'slash themepark games) has much higher population than sandbox centric games. It's clear people want a themepark, then again it's probably the lack of sandbox developed games on the market. I like sandbox environment games, but sandbox is not the be all end all and would never reach WoW's status.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

OP, they tried this before...it's called TCP. They even added in incentives like 4 toons instead of 2/3, double XP to help with them all and still that server is dead.

SWG will get no help. The game is what it is and it's really a "take it or leave it" at this point.

• depaindepain Member Posts: 263

I would play on a fresh server. As of now, the servers just feel so old and tainted.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by Mokwee

doesnt literally everything that can shoot you through walls, still do?

dont pretty much all the glaring bugs still in the game from when the clucked it up?

And what was the Dev Comment about that in 2003 and 2004 and Beta?

That they'd have to completely rewrite the collision system coding...and that they were not interested in doing it.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• NasjaNasja Member Posts: 47

A fresh server though it is supported by many IMO probably wouldn't do much. You can probably just roll a toon on one of the dead servers and make a fresh start since there aren't many people playing there and there wouldn't be many items available on vendors either. It's as fresh as you can make it.

What I would personally like to see is a fresh new game copied from what we allready have + a few new additions such as:

• Planets that are really like actual planets (no borders anywhere, you can shuttle, speeder and even use your spaceship to fly over a planet, allowing for atmospheric flight.

• Space zones without borders as well so it will allow for star destroyers and calamari cruisers. Perhaps even super star destroyers and a death star to be in space

• Speeders with mounted weapons so you have vehicular combat outside the Hoth instance

And then some adjustments to the existing system:

• All houses have unlimited storage so you wouldn't need to place several houses just for storage or to use vendors for that. Containers having unlimited storage as well and add a search system for containers similar to the vendor search system we currently have.

• Have all npc's actually talk, hire some voiceactors to do that job.

• Remove unneccesary systems that can and are exploited right now such as bases providing gcw on destruction, glitches that allow for fast lvl-ing combat toons such as the glitch in the ryatt trail where you can damage lvl 80's but they can't damage you. Or just make my favourite way of lvl-ing up: remove combat xp from npc's so youll have to quest.

Off course, this isn't everything but just an outline of what could make a new swg great. It's obvious that this needs to come in a new package however this can be done in a relative small amount of time since the game allready exists.

• n8frogn8frog Member Posts: 3

/sign

I would love to have the opportunity to play on a fresh start server. It is not just the housing issues, or the in game economy issues, or the uber almost god like combat toons in pvp. I would like to be able to help shape the "feel" of the server. For example I have mainly played swg on 3 servers, Wanderhome(RIP), Gorath(RIP soon I fear), and Chilastra. Wanderhome had a dark sinister feel where the players seemed to engage in guild wars and spying on each other and such. Gorath felt like a grand bazaar with many highly skilled craftsmen in each crafting profession causing some fierce economic competition.  Chilastra is my current main server and it feels like I can fully immerse myself into the game. Chilastra has an amazing mix of PVPers, craftsmen, roleplayers, and player event coordinaters.

A fresh start server would give each player the chance to help mold the future of the server and the "feel" of the environment. Also a fresh start server would lack the ability of players to go and purchase millions of credits from credit farmers. At least for the initial few months, everything that every character had would have been earned in game. I am a loyal SWG subscriber and have been since 2004. Yes NGE ticked me off but (here comes the hate posts) I personally like SWG as it is today far more than the SWG of 2004. TCG however almost caused me to cancel.

Just my opinion please don't /attack just because your opinion differs from my own. :)

• ThaPyngwynThaPyngwyn Member Posts: 12

Given the drastic changes that SWG underwent from launch to now, I'm surprised that they haven't done a Fresh Start server already; SOE created a new game, but kept the baggage from the old one. I don't play anymore, but if I did, I would be in full support of a Fresh Start sever.

• MefuneAkiraMefuneAkira Member Posts: 1

I love the idea.

I was there in the beginning. Grinding away for the first time. Watching guilds come together on both sides in great numbers and raid each other's bases in fantastic hour long battles.  Where Fort Tusken was the "place to go" and you had to run all the way there from Mos Espa, dodging killer Banthas.  When 10,000cr was a lot!

Where everything was new and exciting. Yeah, I love the idea.

• Diligent1975Diligent1975 Member Posts: 3

I would love to start out on a fresh new server; one not cluttered by housing, without market inflation, and where everyone would hypothetically be questing together for the first while.

Age Of Conan is doing something similar (though the new server will feature different slightly rule-sets), and people are excited about that.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

If they reduced the sub fee to 9.95 or less I would be interested in this.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD