Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB: Reloaded: Open Beta Coming May 18th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The APB Reloaded blog has been updated with a new post entitled "Open Beta Date, Credit Bonuses, New Items, Character Restorations and Cheaters". As stated in the title, the open beta has been dated for May 18, 2011.

With the builds over the last week fixing most critical issues (still some PB optimization and hardware issues to iron out over the next couple of builds), plus the items currently in the pipeline that addresses additional items, and the near completion of the US-East datacenter, we are now heading forward with removing all restrictions to joining the game on May 18, 2011.

However, between now and the Open Beta date (ie for the next two weeks), we will progressively permit access to MOST PEOPLE (17 or older in the US and 18 or older in the rest of the world) who do two things (1) creates (or already has) a GamersFirst Account with the appropriate info (see the link to the right of the blog) and then (2) submits his/her email (matching the G1 account) at the front of the APB page (GamersFirst.com/apb) in the "Newsletter Signup Email form." This will let us slowly turn up "the heat" on our servers before going fully "open."

Read more on the APB Reloaded blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DarkraidorDarkraidor Member UncommonPosts: 6

awesome news! glad to see this game coming along.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Still rampant with hackers from what I've read, and little to nothing being done about it again, hence the near empty servers, from what I've heard.

• DelusiveDelusive Member Posts: 151

It's not good to base your comments on what you have heard. Servers are not empty and there aren't that many hackers! Check it out in open beta, if it is empty and full of hackers, then post a factual comment about the game. It is like you people want to doom the game before it even relaunches. Geez!

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Still rampant with hackers from what I've read, and little to nothing being done about it again, hence the near empty servers, from what I've heard.

It isn't any more rampant than before, perhaps 5% or so appear to be aimbotting or wallhacking, but it just feels like its more as you can frequently end up matched up against the same people when you stay in one district, so you could end up against the same hackers over and over again.

Anyways, G1 haven't banned anyone for a week or so, they're planning to do a big sweep this week now they've collated more data on what the hackers are doing.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Delusive

It's not good to base your comments on what you have heard. Servers are not empty and there aren't that many hackers! Check it out in open beta, if it is empty and full of hackers, then post a factual comment about the game. It is like you people want to doom the game before it even relaunches. Geez!

imho that is an extremely naive comment. My comments stand as factual.  I was being polite and a bit guarded on what I know to be true.

Originally posted by bobfish

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

It isn't any more rampant than before, perhaps 5% or so appear to be aimbotting or wallhacking, but it just feels like its more as you can frequently end up matched up against the same people when you stay in one district, so you could end up against the same hackers over and over again.

Anyways, G1 haven't banned anyone for a week or so, they're planning to do a big sweep this week now they've collated more data on what the hackers are doing.

hehehe....yea. Not any more rampant than before, which was an infestation, leaving the only players, when RTW closed it, being hacker on hacker.

Bjorn copy-writing about "plans" comes across to most, i think, as suggesting that WarRock isnt one of the most hacked F2P shooters out there.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

If they do anything about the hackers this game can be fun, as it is now it is not.

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179

finally the death of apb is finally comming .. again .. took long enuff

all updates that were in last apb launch that worked (spawning gun balance etc.) nothing is in it anymore. They tried their own way.. doesnt work every patch 2 other guns pop to the too OP list.

hackers do still run around like mad been from beginning. and the statement "we aint doing anything with the hackers for now we are watching them" biggest bs there is. yea they been banning some hackers (that were over doing it making it too easy to spot like they wanted to get banned).Fact is i seen hackers from previous release and they are still running around facepalming all the way.

bugs dont get fixed. still can get in buildings, cars still humping eachother, quest cars get stuck in ground (never was in old apb).

not to mention the all might PunkBuster! it lags the game so much.. you get huge lag spikes for like 5~10 sec every 3/4 min. hell i even gave up 3 days ago after pb got registered for a trojan (is actully what pb is..).

Now dont get me wrong i like the concept of this game GTA online would be great even for a small monthly fee (not 12 euro) but the itemmall is allso a real gamebreaker, 1400 items in store inc lot of guns cars and other boosters that u cant get ingame without real money (pay 2 win anyone?).

So im glad people finally get to see how bad this IP is managed by GameFail.

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

I dont think APB is going to do very well, but if it turns a profit for the devs thats all that matters to keep it alive I guess. It wont be a game im bothering with though there just isnt enough depth to it for me

• DUSTYPOTATODUSTYPOTATO Member Posts: 2

Luckily I got a APB Reloaded beta code from a giveaway site today so I can say that the game is pretty amazing so far!

If anyone else hasn't gotten a code yet and wants to try it out, the site I got my key from is here:

• SaaboSaabo Member UncommonPosts: 35

About the hackers .... keep in mind this is a shooter game ... a lot of people cant handle the fact that they might be worse than someone else and start screaming hacker hacker ! because it seems impossible for them to play like that. I have been called a hacker myself and I am mediocre player at best (also this was on my third day). 

I am not denying that there are hackers, sometimes I have to fight players, it seems like they are impossible to kill, they just outplay me in every aspect and do funny stuff like turning around 180° and instantly aim / hit me. But in most cases I think its just the players who have better equipment and play for a longer time.

I just hope they get to find all those real hackers and ban them.... its a nice game after all.