Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True adult roleplaying guild....

Comments

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Originally posted by Tardcore

Originally posted by Meowhead

Originally posted by onehunerdper

I would think some parents would disagree, but mostly the ones that don't care for their kids like they should anyways.  Anything involving strangers all over the internet should be closely watched when your child is involved.

I think there is a balance though, game companies shouldn't be completely immune from any sort of responsibility.  That would kinda be like someone setting up a playground where parents could leave their kids and go about their day.  No supervision or guidance, and then build a building across the street to house child molesters and let them go to the playground whenever they want.  A little extreme, but there's gotta be some sort of something I think.

Yeah, if they see a child molestor they're going to crack down on it, but they can't watch everything everybody does, and I don't think a court would hold them responsible for that sort of thing. :/

There's already been cases of stuff like that going on, and I haven't heard even the faintest whisper of a peep that Blizzard ever got sued for basically being where creepy older people apparently go to meet lonely illegally young people.  So I'd guess Blizzard covered themselves pretty well.

Really, the whole internet is full of adults and kids (With a few exceptions), but you don't hear about all these mail hosting places or chat places getting in trouble for having the potential to lead to weirdness.

Maybe not sued, but this guy did raise a stink awhile ago.

CLICKY

As to expecting find this kind of behavior in an MMO, OP, you are best off sticking with games such as Second Life.

Yeah there we go, I think even Blizzard knows that when it's so blantantly out there for everyone to pick up on, eventually the hammer will fall in some respect on them.  Of course, if they actually do what they say is another story LOL.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Sure, teens think they're all hip and cutting edgewith sexting, but that's only because they're not familiar with sexy smoke signals, sexy papyrus rolls, sexy messenger pigeons and sexy mammoth bone carvings.

lmao, seriously.

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

Unless you're bisexual, most men will find it kind of creepy to get on the level of intimacy the OP is referring to knowing at least 80% (i think that's a low number) of all female toons are played by dudes.  If there were some magical way you could start a guild and confirm that every female toon was created by a real female, and every male toon was created by a male you might have me intrigued.  

As a married man with kids, I would never take any virtual relationship to the level of sexual, however I wouldn't mind being amongst a guild who is into developing such close relationships.  I'd have no probs being the old wise man of the clan who lost his wife 20 years ago and swore to never remarry.  Doesn't mean I can't be affectionate in a non-sexual manor.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by JohnnyMotrin

Unless you're bisexual, most men will find it kind of creepy to get on the level of intimacy the OP is referring to knowing at least 80% (i think that's a low number) of all female toons are played by dudes.  If there were some magical way you could start a guild and confirm that every female toon was created by a real female, and every male toon was created by a male you might have me intrigued.  

I think some roleplayers would actually find that CREEPIER, because it suggests that there's some level of real life relationship going on there.

Plus, everybody knows all the best males are rped by women.

So if somebody is that concerned about rping with a woman, they should just find the most well spoken, well written guy who's looking for a homosexual relationship.  Odds are good!  Go with the odds, like you said.

As a married man with kids, I would never take any virtual relationship to the level of sexual, however I wouldn't mind being amongst a guild who is into developing such close relationships.  I'd have no probs being the old wise man of the clan who lost his wife 20 years ago and swore to never remarry.  Doesn't mean I can't be affectionate in a non-sexual manor.

I think a skype or vent trip would cover that part of it, but I dunno if you could pull that as a requirement

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I think some roleplayers would actually find that CREEPIER, because it suggests that there's some level of real life relationship going on there.

So if somebody is that concerned about rping with a woman, they should just find the most well spoken, well written guy who's looking for a homosexual relationship.  Odds are good!  Go with the odds, like you said.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

I think a skype or vent trip would cover that part of it, but I dunno if you could pull that as a requirement

5 problems with your plan.

1.  Voice filters.

2.  People who get temporary female standins (I've known it to happen, don't laugh!)

3.  People call me ma'am at the drivethrough.  EVERY TIME.  At every single one.  It's annoying.  But yeah.  People like me are problem 3.

4.  Google search 'female voice'.  Some of the top links should be instructional videos for transsexuals. :)

5.  Voice filters are AMAZING nowadays.  Did I mention voice filters?

I've never really thought about it in that way.  That's definitely one way to go.

1.  Voice filters.

2.  People who get temporary female standins (I've known it to happen, don't laugh!)

3.  People call me ma'am at the drivethrough.  EVERY TIME.  At every single one.  It's annoying.  But yeah.  People like me are problem 3.

4.  Google search 'female voice'.  Some of the top links should be instructional videos for transsexuals. :)

ROFL!  Oh snap!  That would irritate the crap out of me!

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

For a second there i thought you just wanted more penis jokes..

ROFL!  Oh snap!  That would irritate the crap out of me!

Yeah.  One of the worst moments of my teen life?

Uncle calls.  I answer phone.  He calls me by my mom's name.

I explain I'm his nephew.  He proceeds to tell me he didn't recognize me because my voice was so much deeper now.

D:

I blame an unfortunate combination of Asian genetics and year long allergies.

1.  Voice filters.

I had a voice filter program onon of my game PC's, I can't remember what it was, but I had a chipmunk for my gnome, I created my own megatron by listening to the movie, and I had the droid form star wars.  I never did seem to think the female voice was good enough to fool anyone though.

I guess you mean there are girls that look older than they are (never been good at that either)

You know the second I hit that post button I thought about someone using a girl to get through th initiation, but thought NAH no way that would ever happen LOL, I stand corrected.

I had a voice filter program onon of my game PC's, I can't remember what it was, but I had a chipmunk for my gnome, I created my own megatron by listening to the movie, and I had the droid form star wars.  I never did seem to think the female voice was good enough to fool anyone though.

I guess you mean there are girls that look older than they are (never been good at that either)

You know the second I hit that post button I thought about someone using a girl to get through th initiation, but thought NAH no way that would ever happen LOL, I stand corrected.

No, for 3 I mean I'm a dude who just doesn't sound super manly. :T

... though hardly anybody makes that mistake in person.  Hardly anybody. <.<

Trust me, I am familiar with all SORTS of scams for pretending to be a female.  Guys are creative!  I have a friend who used to get his COMPUTERS that way.  Dunno if he still does.

I knew another guy who constantly played females in MMOs until he was found out and all his 'fans' hacked the HELL out of him, and basically left all his characters in skivvies. :P

... or the one guy who used a stand-in female for a bit, but mostly used the 'Oh, man, international calls are hard, aren't they!' excuse.

There's also guys who look a lot like girls, or pre/post op transsexuals, who while I would call them female (I think people are the gender they feel they are. :/ ), some guys would probably not agree, or at the least, they would not be looking for that.

Generally, my 'I think it's definitely a female' on the internet percentage maxes out at about 90%.  Unless you ACTUALLY watch a baby coming out of somebody, it could be a trick!  Birth certificate + facebook page + talking to their relatives can move somebody up to about 94% I guess.

It's that last 6% convincing me that's a hard road to travel.  Despite my unwillingness to trust people, my ability to determine who is or is not a female is pretty good.  Better than most guys.  Perhaps because I AM so untrusting. :)  (Admittedly, I also think all guys are probably really women, but that's a subject for another topic...)

(edit:  Voice filters are better now.  Also, the best usage of a female filter is something more subtle + some 'female voice for transsexuals'.  If you just talk straight out like a guy into a female filter, yeah, that's a rough road to travel.  Don't make the poor computer work so hard, give it a hand!)

(double edit:  We're totally astray of the actual topic, but the issue of RL gender is entwined in many people's mind with online RP of that type.  I just like pointing out just how slippery and confusing that particular internet slope is.)

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Trust me, I am familiar with all SORTS of scams for pretending to be a female.  Guys are creative!  I have a friend who used to get his COMPUTERS that way.  Dunno if he still does.

I knew another guy who constantly played females in MMOs until he was found out and all his 'fans' hacked the HELL out of him, and basically left all his characters in skivvies. :P

... or the one guy who used a stand-in female for a bit, but mostly used the 'Oh, man, international calls are hard, aren't they!' excuse.

There's also guys who look a lot like girls, or pre/post op transsexuals, who while I would call them female (I think people are the gender they feel they are. :/ ), some guys would probably not agree, or at the least, they would not be looking for that.

Generally, my 'I think it's definitely a female' on the internet percentage maxes out at about 90%.  Unless you ACTUALLY watch a baby coming out of somebody, it could be a trick!  Birth certificate + facebook page + talking to their relatives can move somebody up to about 94% I guess.

It's that last 6% convincing me that's a hard road to travel.  Despite my unwillingness to trust people, my ability to determine who is or is not a female is pretty good.  Better than most guys.  Perhaps because I AM so untrusting. :)  (Admittedly, I also think all guys are probably really women, but that's a subject for another topic...)

(edit:  Voice filters are better now.  Also, the best usage of a female filter is something more subtle + some 'female voice for transsexuals'.  If you just talk straight out like a guy into a female filter, yeah, that's a rough road to travel.  Don't make the poor computer work so hard, give it a hand!)

Good points there. Since it seems peoples sexual identities are becoming more malleable in real life, this kind of thing must effect online communities ten fold. Thanks for sharing those thoughts ...... MA'AM image

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

(double edit:  We're totally astray of the actual topic, but the issue of RL gender is entwined in many people's mind with online RP of that type.  I just like pointing out just how slippery and confusing that particular internet slope is.)

Sounds like there's an odd yet interesting philosophy hiding somewhere behind that statement. ;)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Justin83x

People don't want to play games to have cyber sex unless those people cannot get sex in the real world.

Well that's not even remotely true.

There are all sorts of people out there who enjoy various types of intimacy with varying degrees of "kink" who actually do have physical relations with others.

the world of sexuality is a lot more broad and deep than some people might be aware of.

And I'm pretty sure that some people in this thread might not want to point fingers as there are always people out there who will be just as ready to point fingers at them.

Remember, one person's joy is another person's worst nightmare. And that can go right down to some things that some people take for granted as "normal".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by Amaranthar

Originally posted by blackthornn

I'm seeing the guild forums now:

"Dear Penthouse Inn, I never thought it could happen to me but that all changed the day I sat around polishing my dagger when this Sylvari walked up to me and..............................."

followed by "she assured me she wasn't a 450 lb trucker named Tom and I believe her cuz we're in truuu love and plan on robbing the guild bank together and starting fresh in a new guild two states over"

Looks like we got us a convoyyy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO_AIh8drk&feature=player_embedded

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!  I read this thread 15 minutes ago and this is still making me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!   Amaranthar my friend you need your own TV show.

Originally posted by Unlight

Sounds like there's an odd yet interesting philosophy hiding somewhere behind that statement. ;)

Okay, so back a LONG time ago (Like over a decade ago. D: ) I used to be a pretty hardcore online RPer.  I was the kind of person who would spend a week RPing out a meeting in a coffee shop or something.

I liked making strange characters who were nothing like me, so...

... I was rping a genocidal maniac 96 year old high priestess with giant holes in her head where she gouged out her eyes with a knife, who was trying to make up for a missing childhood by dressing up like a Japanese school girl.  (Odldy enough, I totally gouged out my eyes with a knife in real life, so I guess not totally unlike me, but that's BESIDES the point...)

So I made this friend online who was pretty cool.  He was rping a sexist ex-boxer ex-Nazi zoot suited gangster Jew (It... all made sense in context, I'm pretty sure...), and was seriously like so amazingly sexist, it was amusing.  I mean, in the calling women 'dames' and not exactly condescending but just... having really old fashioned values towards them.  Our characters had a sort of weird mildly antagonistic/kind of a crush relationship, but sometimes we'd just talk a little bit about RL.

Like one time we were RPing and... BAM.  He just disconnected.  That seemed weird, and about 30 minutes he was back and explained 'Okay, so there I was, I had just taken a shower right?  So I'm just wearing a towel, and I'm sitting in my chair with the window open and the screen.  So the next door neighbor went by with his leaf blower, and BAM.  Right through the screen, all this dirt became instant mud.  So I lunged through the window, ripping out the screen and tripping over the computer's power cable on the way out.  So I'm yelling at this guy, and then my towel fell off.  It took me a while to calm down enough to get back online.

Okay, cool story!  I mean, haha, that's amusing to think of.  We were pretty good friends, RPed a lot and I even heard some weird stories like how he lost his virginity to an older woman at a party who really liked his purple mohawk.  Maybe a bit TMI, but whatever. :)

So we finally ended up meeting in person at a convention, saying we'd meet someplace.  So of course he meets me and he's all 'Wait a second... you're not a woman?'  Oops!  Guess I had never mentioned that.

Of course, then I was all 'Wait a second... you're not a man?'.  Yeah.  Totally made all his stories... have a different spin to them.  Also, she was half Japanese, red haired, hot, a professional artist and fairly well off.  Basically what guys PRETEND to be when they're pretending they're female.  So now I never trust anybody.  ;)

Originally posted by Sovrath

Remember, one person's joy is another person's worst nightmare. And that can go right down to some things that some people take for granted as "normal".

... seriously.

I mean kissing, what the hell?  Have these people never SEEN how much bacteria is in the human mouth?  Ugh.

(... okay, so I actually like kissing, but I have known a couple people who think it's nasty.  :) )

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Sovrath

... seriously.

I mean kissing, what the hell?  Have these people never SEEN how much bacteria is in the human mouth?  Ugh.

(... okay, so I actually like kissing, but I have known a couple people who think it's nasty.  :) )

I've met a few people who also thought it was disgusting.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I have been an avid roleplayer for years....

And i have played in many adult roleplaying guilds, but despite the fact that they  where adult only guild, there was never the slightest mention of any sexuall content in most of the roleplaying.

Personally i think this is a sad thing, doesn't that part of life belong just as much intoo a roleplaying session as the played curtesy at the high court does...  places like seccond life and such have some major areas where adult content roleplaying takes place...

With most people only playing at one game/virtuall world at a time i cant imagine that there are not many likeminded adults that would like to explore this part of roleplaying just as much as i would.

I am thinking of creating a guild for GW2 that makes this possible... only accessible to people of 21 years of age and older... and people that that will respect other beings at all times... because without mutuall respect things like this are bound to fail right from the start.  Why would it be impossible to combine things that are common good in places like 2nd life and Utherverse with an online fantasy roleplaying game..

There is a lot of dark fantasy literature where sexuallity is a major part of the world.....  why should it be different in MMORPG's.... as long as we can keep that content away from the younger people playing these games... (so age aproved guilds and guildchat and chatgroups)

Please keep this discussion decent and refrain from vulgair words even if you totally disagree with my opinion... I will allways respect your opinion, i hope you can respect mine, even if you don't understand it.....

I did'nt even want to read your entire post. I seem to have lost track of the transitional period where online games became no longer a place where teens  or our 10-12 year olds (with perental controls) can log on and enjoy a quick slashing adventure in the mmorpg land of make-believe.

Suddenly I find myself surrounded by sexual content in trade chat because of those who think like you. I was playing Aion the other day and met a 12 year old that was very educated I think she was Korean not sure. Anyhow, some guy in our alliance starts talking about what he "does" and she says "omg eew". I must say if this was my daughter or son I would really be upset. I know there is no way of stopping the mindset of people like you but God I wish there was.

The internet is filled with enough porn for you to take your "roleplaying" to yourself in a corner of your bedroom, I beseech you to keep it there and out of the games that our children play.

There is no such thing as a guild that only allows adults and adult content because honestly you don't know who posts a fake picture online posing as an adult but are really 13. Kids are curious and as parents we try to have as much control as possible on the content they are exposed to. However, with people and their "Mis-tells" or w/e you call it, this becomes hard.

Then when one of you start going through a virtual divorce OMG THE GAME IS OVER!! Please for the love of God, go have drama else where, my kids are getting old enough enough to play the games I play and I like hanging with my son online as we are both gamers. I know it's a free country and you can do what you want so I know I will probably not get people to agree with what I just said but this is my personal gripe about this dumb crap. 

Ok tell you what, how about all the people who wants to "roleplay" with explicit behavior, get together and purchase a private server... omgosh I think I just found the solution for you. So this way everyone on your server will be like-minded and our children will be a lot less likely to run into your..... "roleplaying".

Go ahead and get upset now, I have spoken and can't take it back.

So of course he meets me and he's all 'Wait a second... you're not a woman?'  Oops!  Guess I had never mentioned that.

LOL, that made me laugh.  So I'm confused was he, er, she? a girl? or were you joking.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

So this is for an ERP guild in GW2?

LOL, that made me laugh.  So I'm confused was he, er, she? a girl? or were you joking.

Did you read the black 'hidden' text at the end of my message?  :)

Everything about that story was true.  Real life is too awesome to spoil it with made up stories, sometimes. :)

LOL, I've played on an RP server for about an hour on WOW.  So I don't really ever meet people that would try and pretend to be a woman.  Personally, I always play female toons (IMO I enjoy staring at the back of a female and seeing a good looking toon everytime I log in, rather than having to stare at the male backside for 20 hours a week).  When I made my character on the RP server I was leveling and then thought, crap, and asked my friend if I was going to be expected to actually act like a female on my toon on the server image