Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are the old players with grudges ever going to go away?

2»

Comments

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

arragont, self entitled, you call me these things but don't we deserve as paying customers to be this?

this goes back to the supply and demand topic I brought up before.

WE are the consumer, WE are expected to buy / pay for a product.  We play the games and expect a certain level of customer service from the company we pay our money to / buy products from.

When there are certain companies such as Gpotato and others that I'm bringing to light from personal experience out in the market that have a history or lieing, cheating, manipulating and even adding things to their games that cause THEFT on their part just to add more dollars in their pocket, I personally feel that consumers / customers deserve the right to know.

when Gipat was released there was already glitches pre Gipat that would kill someone randomly, either in Astral or in heroics or just falling thru a allod while running across it.  They added even MORE Glitches in the release of Gipat which caused more mechanics in the game to glitch causing death without normal game play.

Am I arragont about this topic? certainly, am I self Entitled about this topic HELL YES!!

you laugh and ask these stupid questions but in reality when you go to a store and decide based on customer service and prices whether or not to shop or do business in a particular establishment you have then infact done exactly, even though silently, what I'm doing.

Did Gpotato do things personally to me? Yes.  but because I know personally I'm not the only one and Gpotato is not the only company doing the same under handed things instead of honest business I've decided to not tolerate it anymore.

We are the consumers we have a right to decide which direction the market leans, whether its towards customer service and honest business dealings or like you and this other guy are leaning towards keeping silent and allowing these types of actions to continue and just dealing with or allowing such busiensses to continue.

I usually don't answer questions so directly / blatently sarcastic but I will answer the one you possed earlier if I'm doing this to try and honestly make a change or for personal reasons?

I'll be honest with you, its both.  I really do want companies to be held responsible for the public service they provide. I do want businesses to make better games and provide better services for the money GAMERS pay them.  I'm tired of reading emails and see'ing people who spent money on games get replys "sorry you knew the game was in beta we can not refund your money" even though the game glitches took the cash shop items and not normal game play.

most of all I'm tired of useless people who want stand up for what is right and back someone who has the guts to take a stand and speak the truth and not tolerate such practices... People have a right to speak if they feel wronged or if they see wrong doing this is exactly what I'm doing.

Not only to Gpotato but to ALL Free 2 Play and Pay 2 Play game publishers and developers.  I've personaly tested almost all current Free 2 play games on the market and I'm writing reviews not only bout the games but how the publisher effects the game positive or negative and if the company is as horrible to their customers as Gpotato then yes I'll speak up and call the Garbage what it is and those who support it or trash talk those of us who are taking  a stand.

Arragont, self entitled... maybe but one things for sure I'm a Gamer and I think we should be heard.

btw at end game to be of any value to any team in astral or heroics or in pvp the minimum required rune you'll need in all possible gear is level 4 and no sir anything above level 1 does not drop in game.

only recently has RUNES been the only thing needed to compete at end game, you can play just fine without runes but nobody will want you in heroics or astral if you don't have them. 

instead of taking random advice about needed items in end game content I suggest asking end game players in the game level 40+ who have been doing end game content longer then a week. 

http://thegvoice.webs.com

• bfpiercelkbfpiercelk Member UncommonPosts: 47

"btw at end game to be of any value to any team in astral or heroics or in pvp the minimum required rune you'll need in all possible gear is level 4 and no sir anything above level 1 does not drop in game.

only recently has RUNES been the only thing needed to compete at end game, you can play just fine without runes but nobody will want you in heroics or astral if you don't have them. 

instead of taking random advice about needed items in end game content I suggest asking end game players in the game level 40+ who have been doing end game content longer then a week."

Again with the Arrogance, how do you know the people i've talked to have only been running endgame for a week?

From what I've read personally you make the higher level runes with lower level ones, meaning you can create those runes from the ones that drop using two ingame items, one is indeed a cash shop item, but i've seen people trading them (CC's) for ingame gold...

Meaning there are ways around using the cash shop if you wish. This is in no way shape or form a discreditation of the "Pay to Win" argument. It certainly is that since you can just pay money to get ahead at the end game. However the games called "Free to Play" not "Free to Win", if you dont' like it don't play, but don't act like they've done some kind of bait and switch on you, they haven't, you just don't understand the difference between playing a game and winning at a game, and that distinction becomes huge time when you're talking about MMO's, because there's much more to that game than getting to the end and "winning", unlike your typical single player games.

"WE are the consumer, WE are expected to buy / pay for a product.  We play the games and expect a certain level of customer service from the company we pay our money to / buy products from."

You can go right on ahead with your crusade my friend. I just think it's funny that because you paid some cash to these guys you think you have an implicit right  that they make the game the way you want it, or get your money back if they change the game into something you don't like, or hell get your  money back if you join a beta (signing the agreement) and a bug causes you to spend items you got through the cash shop.

If you want to compare this to a store sure we can do that. Playing a Beta is like buying that big screen TV that's on Display. You get it cheaper but with no warranty. Why? Because they can't guarantee the quality of that item, just like you can't guarantee the quality of a BETA  test. YOU took the risk, so don't act like you bear no responsiblity to the outcome.

Is it evidence of bad customer service, absolutely, but you don't have the right to automatically get your money back for bad customer service. Even in the real world companies have no obligation whatsoever to give you a refund, they do that so you spread good words about their customer service.

As a customer you have two pretty broad rights

1.) To walk away and never spend your money there again.

2.) You absolutely have the right to your freedom of speech to spout as much information as you wish biased or unbiased.

Exercise the second to the fullest if you wish.

Edit: Had to change Demand to "Get your". You do have the right to demand all of those things by your right to free speech of course ;)

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98

Phigety you need to realise that just because you might have had bad experiences with a company it doesn't automatically make them bastards and evil. I've also heard people say that the GMs and customer support with Allods is actually quite good, and they help you when they can.

I'd love to know what they did to you to make you hate them so much, because (and I'm not saying this is you, because I don't know) we have all seen players in games that throw fits because the game isn't able to rectify their own mistakes. Example of this would be someone selling some high level gear by mistake, and the GMs not being abole to retrieve it for them. The amount of times I've seen something like that happen and the player start complaining and shouting about how unfair this all is is, frankly, astounding. It's why I never listen to mmo players when they talk about how certain companies ruined the world of gaming.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by comrademario

Phigety you need to realise that just because you might have had bad experiences with a company it doesn't automatically make them bastards and evil. I've also heard people say that the GMs and customer support with Allods is actually quite good, and they help you when they can.

I'd love to know what they did to you to make you hate them so much, because (and I'm not saying this is you, because I don't know) we have all seen players in games that throw fits because the game isn't able to rectify their own mistakes. Example of this would be someone selling some high level gear by mistake, and the GMs not being abole to retrieve it for them. The amount of times I've seen something like that happen and the player start complaining and shouting about how unfair this all is is, frankly, astounding. It's why I never listen to mmo players when they talk about how certain companies ruined the world of gaming.

I think he's just referring to the ridiculous CS that is in this game. 

and I understand it because I pretty much suffered the same thing.

The main problem in this F2p and most F2ps is the CS.  We play it because it's said to be 'free'.  Otherwise, why would we pick it ove a P2p which most of the time is of a far better quality than F2ps plus you'll throw less tantrums when you get owned by someone in Pvp just because they have a bigger wallet than you.

and Gpotato is one of the worse f2p companies out there.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by bfpiercelk

*snip*

Ingame I've heard people say Runes are:

a.) Not as huge a difference as people may claim.

b.) They drop so you don't actually have to spend gpots to get them, maybe it takes longer, that's what you're paying for. Convenience.

*snip*

Who told you this? If you think you'll get around on level 1 runes, forget it. I've never seen, nor heard of, crystal chips dropping from mobs ever. The only way to get better runes without Gpots is through the auction house, and prices there are growing and growing since there are so few people selling.

Not as huge a difference as you'd think? Get real. Per defensive rune level they'll take like almost 3 percent less damage. Maximum 39 levels can be gotten. Per offensive rune they'll deal slightly over 3 percent more damage 39 levels possible for the filthy rich.

There are players out there that take a 24 people raid to kill. If that's not much of a difference I don't know what is.

And with the latest patch I'm not even sure that one raid could pull it off.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

btw i loved the demon chick on the new ART that they advertise for.OH here is small TIP for playing a free MMORPG (( do not pay real money )). well when i left allods i didnt bother myself QQing, it is all that i know mage is getting nerfed day after day which is what made me to quite, also I realized item shop what makes u powerful not states or gear, So why bothering playing a game that will end up spending lots of money and rising rage on others, and for who say allods is good or bad well just shut your mouth up and leave or keep playing the game, honstly at some point u will get bored and say FUCK THIS SHIT ROFLMAO.

PEACE OUT PPL

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by newbihack

btw i loved the demon chick on the new ART that they advertise for.OH here is small TIP for playing a free MMORPG (( do not pay real money )). well when i left allods i didnt bother myself QQing, it is all that i know mage is getting nerfed day after day which is what made me to quite, also I realized item shop what makes u powerful not states or gear, So why bothering playing a game that will end up spending lots of money and rising rage on others, and for who say allods is good or bad well just shut your mouth up and leave or keep playing the game, honstly at some point u will get bored and say FUCK THIS SHIT ROFLMAO.

PEACE OUT PPL

Coming from a class A Troll.  Your full of crap and you keep harping on some old ass stuff. Its obvious you suck at this game and thats why you quit.  Im tired of hearing the same ass excuse the cash shop.  Just  go back to Hello Kitty Adventures

Edgar F Greenwood

Originally posted by huskerman34

PEACE OUT PPL

Coming from a class A Troll.  Your full of crap and you keep harping on some old ass stuff. Its obvious you suck at this game and thats why you quit.  Im tired of hearing the same ass excuse the cash shop.  Just  go back to Hello Kitty Adventures

So are you for or against the cash shop?

Originally posted by Cawickeng

PEACE OUT PPL

So are you for or against the cash shop?

Im for the cash shop and the F2P genre . I understand the bitching people were doing when the Gipat came out. But  Gpotato has listend and has fixed the store. Some companies are ridiculous and some are great and gives you rewards like Turbine. Its up to you.

Edgar F Greenwood

well iam not that stupid to spend over 200$ on a free to play that even do not give u a good service, i quit allods not just for class troll or samething like that like the dude said, honstly i quit cuz the server kick me without warning also the lag even with 25mb speed internet, and yes mage getting nerfed patch after patch and now the only way to be a good mage is through CS, and iam not tryin to be an asshole or trolling on the game, because the old allods was none grind game and fun even in pvp and CS was optional than now, so the game turned into money beast and btw my whole freaking guild quit because of that. and as i said just shut up and play or do not, and i do not know why this guy is raging rofl. anyway like others said it is free to play try it or not, and i hope made that clear to u ppl cuz iam not some noob player who spend only 2 months playing this game.I have a long record on this game so PEACE OUT.

well iam not that stupid to spend over 200$ on a free to play that even do not give u a good service, i quit allods not just for class troll or samething like that like the dude said, honstly i quit cuz the server kick me without warning also the lag even with 25mb speed internet, and yes mage getting nerfed patch after patch and now the only way to be a good mage is through CS, and iam not tryin to be an asshole or trolling on the game, because the old allods was none grind game and fun even in pvp and CS was optional than now, so the game turned into money beast and btw my whole freaking guild quit because of that. and as i said just shut up and play or do not, and i do not know why this guy is raging rofl. anyway like others said it is free to play try it or not, and i hope made that clear to u ppl cuz iam not some noob player who spend only 2 months playing this game.I have a long record on this game so PEACE OUT.

You guit cuz the servers were horrible like almost all games. If you spend 200 then your reall dumb as dirt.  has nothing to do with your connection speed i have twice that and still have those issues.Allods do have some grinding missions but in all the game is stil fun. People have opions and i respect that, but dont harp over something that allods has addressed. And Btw the game just went official so the game you and your guild were playing was nothing more than a beta.

Allods may have lost some fans but there creating new ones this is one of the best f2p game out along with lotro and ddo and rom. So have fun playing whatever it is that your playing  and PEACE OUT

Edgar F Greenwood

If you don't spend that much, I doubt you're gonna get anywhere.  and how much has this game changed since Beta?  Cos from what I can see, the developers just changed the title from bata to v1.0 just to try and get back some fans who may be under the impression that a lot has changed.  The fact remains that you still have to spend real money on runes and what not to not be Pked or easily killed by mobs.

and DDo imo was boring, just repitive grinding since lvl 1.  and rom's pretty much the same as allods in terms of cs dependency.

Originally posted by Cawickeng

If you don't spend that much, I doubt you're gonna get anywhere.  and how much has this game changed since Beta?  Cos from what I can see, the developers just changed the title from bata to v1.0 just to try and get back some fans who may be under the impression that a lot has changed.  The fact remains that you still have to spend real money on runes and what not to not be Pked or easily killed by mobs.

and DDo imo was boring, just repitive grinding since lvl 1.  and rom's pretty much the same as allods in terms of cs dependency.

The game has changed a lot since beta actually. Open beta no FoD, that time Allods Online was the best f2p game out there. Quality game, back then people spent money on the cash shop because they wanted to support the game and hoped it would remain as good as it was. Alas, Russian history repeated itself with 80 percent of population quitting over the Gipat patch (cursed items for the lose). If we had known this in advance I guess most people wouldn't even have started playing it.

Then after Gipat more patches to eliminate the real need for incense (free daily quest available, takes a few minutes) and charms are free. So this game has changed a lot from beta to Rise of the Gods. End game is actually better now than it was in open beta. One GT per week didn't quite cut it for most people to stick around, it's quite a lot better now. My guess is that many players giving this game a bad review haven't played in quite a while.

Edit: can't type

Originally posted by phigety

ok I played Allods from first day of OPEN Beta until Gipat patch myself and then I came back after CHOMP and SADIE were "no longer with allods" hehehe

first thing I'd like to say is for all of you complaining about the old players who are mad, myself included, who wont stop complaining.

YOU should be thankful that we didn't stop complaining! why? because if it wasn't for us complaining then Gpot wouldn't have pushed for the changes you are now seeing such as incense free, charms free and so forth..  The things we complained about got changes made so STFU and thank us for not wanting to stand for a greedy azz company who tried to rip off their customer base....

the thing is when you were as deep into the game and connected with the GM team as much as someone like me was then one of two things occured.

1. you love allods so much you don't care what Gpotato did or is doing you just want to see the game continue. (blind to reality)

2. you saw how greedy and how much Gpotato lied to their customer base and turned a "completely free to play" game into FORCED to Pay to play and couldn't stand the underneath hypocrasy and scams against a customer base.

ok to all of you idiots who state well a company has to make money... you can just shove it up your pie hole.. We are not stupid a company does have to make money but not by deciet and lies and manipulating the customer base to push forced cash shop items down peoples throats.

For instance LotRo offers free to play and you can earn in game via quests turbine points to buy anything from the cash shop.

you can also have the choice of paying monthly to have almost everything available.

Allods totally screwed their customers and then punished anyone who openly spoke the truth about it on their forums and NOW Nephy is trying to act like She didn't do anything and that Nobody ever was wrongfully treated... BULL CRAP she was one of the main people on their forums who gave infractions for speaking of Quotes that GM Chomp and Sadie gave out PioPico even had to get some peoples accounts reinstated because she wrongfully banned them...

so the BULL Crap lies are still continueing even though the game is great the company you retards are supporting needs to be sued and prosecuted for false advertisement and bate and switch illegal things they did during Gipat and some things they are still doing...

JUST Because you don't know of certain details does not mean it isn't true or just because it didn't happen to you personally doesn't mean it has not happened.

So yes ALLODS is an amazing game but Gpotato is probably one of the worst companys in the world and needs to be shut down.

By you continueing to play the game shows you support the business that runs it and they are unethical so what does that say about you?  NA does not live like communists we are a country use to "customer satisfaction"

I have spent real money on Allods to support it before I learned first hand how corrupt the company is now they can burn in hell.

Yeah Gpotato is becoming more the rat fink basturds every said they were.  The lastest patch rise of the Gods and nerf of the gold in Isle of rev and Gipat  really pisssed alot of people off including myself. This biggest lie with a free fod and rune gold that never and most possibly wont happen. They keep beating around the bush and dont tell none of there players what is going on a daily basis so we can stop bitching about the fod. Now they have added  a opportunity to purchase  store items with in game gold. 

Edgar F Greenwood

Yeah Gpotato is becoming more the rat fink basturds every said they were.  The lastest patch rise of the Gods and nerf of the gold in Isle of rev and Gipat  really pisssed alot of people off including myself. This biggest lie with a free fod and rune gold that never and most possibly wont happen. They keep beating around the bush and dont tell none of there players what is going on a daily basis so we can stop bitching about the fod. Now they have added  a opportunity to purchase  store items with in game gold. 

Well the gold nerf in Isle of Revelation is there but bandits is still there and I think there are more times when the bandits are available. At least I never managed to do bandits due to time restraints before Rise of the Gods. I haven't missed them once since the patch (+50g). Though this does still mean less in game gold to farm in Revelation. Farming the gold that is there takes less time though and frees up some time to go to Twilight Isle and quest a bit there.

The free Fountain of Death I have only received on a couple of my storage alts, I guess they're either still sending them out or something has gone horribly wrong along the way. I'm still hoping they'll get them to where they need to be instead of just alts without anything but the basic skills.

On the plus side mount feed is free with the daily incense quest now. That's great news for me. I got a free gray wolf with the opening celebration event (farmed tokens for it)  but without mount feed it was not really usefull. I love zooming through the game on my mount now and using the occasional gallop makes it even better.

I'm not sure what opportunity to buy store items with in game gold you're reffering to. I guess you're referring to the gem shards, but those haven't been released yet as far as I know. http://allods.gpotato.com/news/2011/07/20/a-sneak-peek-a-tradeable-item-shop-currency/

last line says : "Make sure to stay tuned for a release date for the Gem Shards!"

I haven't been on Allods forums in a while, looks like time to take a new look if you're so upset about what's going on.

Edit: Regarding the FoD's:

"We wanted to provide you with another update regarding the free Fountains of Death.

First off, the unexpected technical issues that arose since July 15th has been a priority for our team as we have been working with the developers and our engineering team on this issue.

Some adjustments to the system are being made and we expect people to start receiving their Fountains of Death this Wednesday, July 27th.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we will keep you updated if anything else comes up"

Originally posted by Yaruna

Well the gold nerf in Isle of Revelation is there but bandits is still there and I think there are more times when the bandits are available. At least I never managed to do bandits due to time restraints before Rise of the Gods. I haven't missed them once since the patch (+50g). Though this does still mean less in game gold to farm in Revelation. Farming the gold that is there takes less time though and frees up some time to go to Twilight Isle and quest a bit there.

The free Fountain of Death I have only received on a couple of my storage alts, I guess they're either still sending them out or something has gone horribly wrong along the way. I'm still hoping they'll get them to where they need to be instead of just alts without anything but the basic skills.

On the plus side mount feed is free with the daily incense quest now. That's great news for me. I got a free gray wolf with the opening celebration event (farmed tokens for it)  but without mount feed it was not really usefull. I love zooming through the game on my mount now and using the occasional gallop makes it even better.

I'm not sure what opportunity to buy store items with in game gold you're reffering to. I guess you're referring to the gem shards, but those haven't been released yet as far as I know. http://allods.gpotato.com/news/2011/07/20/a-sneak-peek-a-tradeable-item-shop-currency/

last line says : "Make sure to stay tuned for a release date for the Gem Shards!"

I haven't been on Allods forums in a while, looks like time to take a new look if you're so upset about what's going on.

Edit: Regarding the FoD's:

"We wanted to provide you with another update regarding the free Fountains of Death.

First off, the unexpected technical issues that arose since July 15th has been a priority for our team as we have been working with the developers and our engineering team on this issue.

Some adjustments to the system are being made and we expect people to start receiving their Fountains of Death this Wednesday, July 27th.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we will keep you updated if anything else comes up"

See  what you just said about storage alts getting fod is freaking shit. Thats what im talking about when i say  Gpotato is full of shit.  Its really said that your storage alts got fod and about 90 percent of the gamers havent gotten anything. It just goes to show you how fawked up Gpotato really is. They pulled this off during the last patch and had no issues. Should of just made the Fod  a free item in the cash shop.   man i really think its a long break from this game. It seems to really piss me off every time i play it, If it isnt this bull crap fod its the unbalance of jobs, or the nerfing of gold and i heard the level 46 recarnation is a waste of wad. 

Edgar F Greenwood

Just a small update regarding the FoD's, they got here and it seems they threw in FoL's to make up for the confusion. If you are taking a break, you might want to pop in the next few weeks to not let this go to waste.

eff all free to play move to GW2 or GW1 if u like pvp and stuff like that, pve gets boring anyway once u cap ur char. I have realized that all free to play are the same crap, at the end you have no other way only to buy from cash shop to continue lvling, thus the bugs the lag the bad service as well as problems when other ppl is abusing you when u play, for sure allods was good until Gipat patch came up and turn it into beast a money beast, anyway if u raelly like pvp more than pve then go to GW and shut the hell up cuz it is only a game, in some point you will get bored and leave the game or unless you are too addict to MMORPG games. I thanks God to make allods sux otherwise i will be addicting to it and gets my life in ruins, gg.

• tochicooltochicool Member Posts: 153

No.

Trolls are always going to be under bridges.In this case, games.

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.

• KusariyaroKusariyaro Member Posts: 12

Was a good game; Inbalanced classes (Paladins and Healers dominated for ages, Summoners are a funny joke)

Cash shop that pushes the imbalance even further; Trying different builds then the ones everyone is using pays off by being 2 times weaker then the rest;

Moving the same game content for the end game eternaly;

Imagine if you had to party up in wow to kill Arthas on lvl 60; then they raised it to 75 - Arthas party again

And then now lvl 80- Arthas party; And not a single aspect of the instance changes; only bosses dmg and hp;

Sux sux; Burn allods and its eu gm's

Was indeed a great game. They're continually balancing classes. The Cash Shop is still there, no doubt about it. GT Raid is pretty much still GT raid, except for the increased levels of the mobs, the extra dragons and the drops. So I agree it's not WoW end game content, you're not paying the WoW sub, you're not getting WoW. Whether that means it sucks since it's F2P, well YMMV, but I don't think so. You can't get WoW for Free, and WoW without cash Shop isn't going to happen either.