Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True adult roleplaying guild....

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I have been an avid roleplayer for years....

And i have played in many adult roleplaying guilds, but despite the fact that they  where adult only guild, there was never the slightest mention of any sexuall content in most of the roleplaying.

Personally i think this is a sad thing, doesn't that part of life belong just as much intoo a roleplaying session as the played curtesy at the high court does...  places like seccond life and such have some major areas where adult content roleplaying takes place...

With most people only playing at one game/virtuall world at a time i cant imagine that there are not many likeminded adults that would like to explore this part of roleplaying just as much as i would.

I am thinking of creating a guild for GW2 that makes this possible... only accessible to people of 21 years of age and older... and people that that will respect other beings at all times... because without mutuall respect things like this are bound to fail right from the start.  Why would it be impossible to combine things that are common good in places like 2nd life and Utherverse with an online fantasy roleplaying game..

There is a lot of dark fantasy literature where sexuallity is a major part of the world.....  why should it be different in MMORPG's.... as long as we can keep that content away from the younger people playing these games... (so age aproved guilds and guildchat and chatgroups)

Please keep this discussion decent and refrain from vulgair words even if you totally disagree with my opinion... I will allways respect your opinion, i hope you can respect mine, even if you don't understand it.....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

I'm seeing the guild forums now:

"Dear Penthouse Inn, I never thought it could happen to me but that all changed the day I sat around polishing my dagger when this Sylvari walked up to me and..............................."

followed by "she assured me she wasn't a 450 lb trucker named Tom and I believe her cuz we're in truuu love and plan on robbing the guild bank together and starting fresh in a new guild two states over"

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

So what you are saying is that you want a RP guild you can cyber in?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

I think the problem is, there is no good way for you to ensure/enforce 21 year old only membership.

Get one minor in your guild who gets involved in cyber sexing conversations or God forbid somehow manages to hook up in the real world with someone and the law is going to be all over it.

Who needs that sort of risk and I'll bet that's one big reason you don't see much of it.

But more importantly, the market for role playing isn't that big regardless, and those folks wishing to roleplay fantasy romance and sex even smaller.  Probably just very hard to gather such a small group into one place to communciate with each other.

But I'm sure if you look hard enough there's at least one guild practicing this on a regular basis.  Finding them will be the trick.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

The Goonsquad is always looking for adult supervision.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

Originally posted by Kyleran

But more importantly, the market for role playing isn't that big regardless, and those folks wishing to roleplay fantasy romance and sex even smaller.  Probably just very hard to gather such a small group into one place to communciate with each other.

But I'm sure if you look hard enough there's at least one guild practicing this on a regular basis.  Finding them will be the trick.

just sub wow and hang out in Silvermoon on any rp server and read your general vicinity chat.  There's a reason I turned off all channels but guild and group when I played wow on a RP server (had 4-5 rl friends playing on that server so that's where I rolled.   rerolled on a different server pretty quickly cuz there's not enough brain bleach in the world to remove some of those emotes)

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

People don't want to play games to have cyber sex unless those people cannot get sex in the real world.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

Originally posted by blackthornn

I'm seeing the guild forums now:

"Dear Penthouse Inn, I never thought it could happen to me but that all changed the day I sat around polishing my dagger when this Sylvari walked up to me and..............................."

followed by "she assured me she wasn't a 450 lb trucker named Tom and I believe her cuz we're in truuu love and plan on robbing the guild bank together and starting fresh in a new guild two states over"

Looks like we got us a convoyyy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO_AIh8drk&feature=player_embedded

Once upon a time....

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

There is a lot of dark fantasy literature where sexuallity is a major part of the world.....  why should it be different in MMORPG's.... as long as we can keep that content away from the younger people playing these games... (so age aproved guilds and guildchat and chatgroups)

Because we'd rather not wank over a keyboard when smut-talking to Betty the Barbarian, who is, in actual fact a man.  How sad, forlorn and boring your life must be if you want to get your rocks off this way.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

AoC had some roleplay guilds like that, that were sort of a prostitution house or sex/fertility cult, and some others that were dedicated to all shady dealings and business, Set cults that occupied themselves with dark rituals, black marketeers handling drugs, slavery, assassinations, prostitution and so on. They were actually pretty good roleplay guilds, completely in sync and in theme with the harsh world of Conan's Hyborea. They definitely added a flavor to the community and server atmosphere with all kinds of interesting events that you won't see that quickly elsewhere in other MMO's or servers, when it was done well and not tacky.

I've heard of sortlike guilds or groups in LotrO (which I find a strange place for that kind of things), MO and for SWTOR.

GW2, I don't know. Seems not a fit with the setting of the world.

But who knows. Gl with it.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

I have no opinion on the cyber guild the OP wants.  I do not see how you can enforce the 21 year thing, and that would present a legal problem as was stated in a previous post. 

myself, I get a big laugh from people in a mmo trying to hook up with a gamer chic.  My expereince is that most of the female characters are played by guys.  Those played by real life females are usually played by real life married females or those in a very committed relationship.  so your odds of finding an unattached gamer chick are plenty low to begin with. It isn't like there isn't 5 billion(laughable estimate, not an actual figure)  online dating sites where the odds are much greater that the chics are really chics.  Granted you have to pay to play on most of them, but you get what you pay for - a real chic.

I start female characters in games from time to time because if you play it right you can get free stuff and pleanty of help in groups.  I started a trial account in EVE the other day and within 4 hours I had recieved 25 million isk(the game money). 

Guys, I know you are lonely but games are not a good place to look for love.  a few find it there but the majority do not.  Good Luck to the op - hope I don't see you on a 60 minute special on illicit sex in mmo's.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by ElderRat

I have no opinion on the cyber guild the OP wants.  I do not see how you can enforce the 21 year thing, and that would present a legal problem as was stated in a previous post. 

myself, I get a big laugh from people in a mmo trying to hook up with a gamer chic.  My expereince is that most of the female characters are played by guys.  Those played by real life females are usually played by real life married females or those in a very committed relationship.  so your odds of finding an unattached gamer chick are plenty low to begin with. It isn't like there isn't 5 billion(laughable estimate, not an actual figure)  online dating sites where the odds are much greater that the chics are really chics.  Granted you have to pay to play on most of them, but you get what you pay for - a real chic.

I start female characters in games from time to time because if you play it right you can get free stuff and pleanty of help in groups.  I started a trial account in EVE the other day and within 4 hours I had recieved 25 million isk(the game money). 

Guys, I know you are lonely but games are not a good place to look for love.  a few find it there but the majority do not.  Good Luck to the op - hope I don't see you on a 60 minute special on illicit sex in mmo's.

<Smiles> obviously you don't know nothing about roleplaying...... Most people are not looking for "love" they just want to extend their online characters to the same depth as their personal life in the real world...

And actually i dont think true roleplayers would really mind if there is a man playing a female character, after all thats whats roleplaying is all about... being someone different then the person you are in real life.... Not because you are unhappy with yourself in real life, but because it allows you to see a different part of yourself not bound by the patterns that you created for yourself in your real world...

I am as close to true happiness in the real world as would be possible, luckilly maried and the happy father of a puberal daughter. My wife is standing behind me and reading this as i type this... She allways tells me its good to get a fresh appetite outside as long as i return home to eat....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

AoC had some roleplay guilds like that, that were sort of a prostitution house or sex/fertility cult, and some others that were dedicated to all shady dealings and business, Set cults that occupied themselves with dark rituals, black marketeers handling drugs, slavery, assassinations, prostitution and so on. They were actually pretty good roleplay guilds, completely in sync and in theme with the harsh world of Conan's Hyborea. They definitely added a flavor to the community and server atmosphere with all kinds of interesting events that you won't see that quickly elsewhere in other MMO's or servers, when it was done well and not tacky.

I've heard of sortlike guilds or groups in LotrO (which I find a strange place for that kind of things), MO and for SWTOR.

GW2, I don't know. Seems not a fit with the setting of the world.

But who knows. Gl with it.

Maybe i was blindfolded but i never found any class and quallity in those places....  It was allways cheep and clasless with only one thing in mind...sex.... i am not looking for vulgarrity.... but only for a way to extend my roleplay character ...

TOugh i must admit, the things you describe from AoC could be intrigueing... just never saw them in my short periode in AoC..

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Maybe i was blindfolded but i never found any class and quallity in those places....  It was allways cheep and clasless with only one thing in mind...sex.... i am not looking for vulgarrity.... but only for a way to extend my roleplay character ...

TOugh i must admit, the things you describe from AoC could be intrigueing... just never saw them in my short periode in AoC..

Yeah, well, you know how it is with RP and RP server community, just like with raids or pvp evening, it has its high points and it has its low points. Generally the high points stick in memory while the low points blend together into one grey mass of trivial, unless the low points were truly horrible.

But I've seen enough high points that were happening over the months that showed interesting RP and events, it was quite a thriving, dynamic community on AoC's RP servers in my experience.

It made me decide to play on RP servers whenever possible from now on. If not for the more creative and diverse server community then for the fun and interesting events that players come up with.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

In each and every roleplaying guild I was in there were people playing out the sexuality of their characters. 

Namely LotRO, SWG, AoC, EvE, even Star Trek Online.

You were just unlucky I guess. The assessment that people roleplaying sex are always basement loners with miserable lives just reveals how fuc*** up your (non-)understanding of roleplaying is. I have zero problems bearing non-RPers, but people who think they know what RP is and misjudge it for some deviant psychos way to express his feelings really bother me. You guys obviously know jack about theater. You wouldn't think Johnny Depp actually believes that he's metrosexual pirate on a black ship with dead people, would you? RP is just - the - same.

ANd for legal issues, just play it out in private, know your guild, or play in Age of Conan (ages 18+, at least in germany).

M

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Originally posted by ElderRat

obviously you don't know nothing about roleplaying...... Most people are not looking for "love" they just want to extend their online characters to the same depth as their personal life in the real world...

And actually i dont think true roleplayers would really mind if there is a man playing a female character, after all thats whats roleplaying is all about... being someone different then the person you are in real life.... Not because you are unhappy with yourself in real life, but because it allows you to see a different part of yourself not bound by the patterns that you created for yourself in your real world...

I am as close to true happiness in the real world as would be possible, luckilly maried and the happy father of a puberal daughter. My wife is standing behind me and reading this as i type this... She allways tells me its good to get a fresh appetite outside as long as i return home to eat....

I agree, it's about acting (like in a movie or a play), not about being gay or trying to find true love.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Justin83x

People don't want to play games to have cyber sex unless those people cannot get sex in the real world.

... you seriously believe this?  Huh.

People do cyber sex for all SORTS of reasons.

Sometimes because they're an amazingly horny attractive woman who doesn't get enough sex in the real world.

Which seems WEIRD, but... y'know.  Go figure.  It really does happen.

There's a lot of attractive people doing all sorts of RP online... there's a lot of women doing RP online.  There's a lot of people who do a romantic/sexual aspect to RP online.  There's a lot of people who have even more sex offline than they do online.

Sometimes all four of them happen at once.  That's just the way the internet is.  It's crazy.  You think you understand it, but you don't, not really.

... and SERIOUS RPers don't care what the hell the other person's gender is, because it's irrelevant.

Also, some people don't masturbate or get turned on by that sort of rp, but they do it anyway.  Because that's just the way some people roll.  :T

Isn't the world a curious place?

(This isn't STRICTLY just addressed to you, you just had the shortest post that had one of the uninformed viewpoints.  All the other people should also understand their very strictly limited viewpoint isn't really an accurate depiction of the wondrous curiousity the internet is.)

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

I think Kyleran pointed out the most important concept you'd be working with,  Age. There really is no way to verify over the internet, anything can be faked, anything can be stolen, yada yada.  All it takes is one child to get caught and BOOM, trouble.  I would imagine any game with a rating lower than "Mature" would have to have some sort of terminology in their ToS addressing this.  OF course, they could get around it with the "online interactions are not monitored" or whatever fine print. 

Also: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4211350/12yofakesherdeathtobewithwowboyfriend.html#4211350

Not sure if it's true, but that's an idea of what could happen, COULD, but that's what you'll need to guard against.

Originally posted by onehunerdper

I think Kyleran pointed out the most important concept you'd be working with,  Age. There really is no way to verify over the internet, anything can be faked, anything can be stolen, yada yada.  All it takes is one child to get caught and BOOM, trouble.  I would imagine any game with a rating lower than "Mature" would have to have some sort of terminology in their ToS addressing this.  OF course, they could get around it with the "online interactions are not monitored" or whatever fine print.

Yeah, the GAME wouldn't get in trouble at all.  They're covered with that whole 'Hey, don't blame us.  It's ONLINE' clause.  Which is a pretty good clause, as a company I wouldn't want to take responsibility for ALL the crazy humans using my product online.

Customers getting in trouble.... well, that's different.  ... and the game wouldn't try to protect you at ALL of course, nor should they. :)

Originally posted by Meowhead

Yeah, the GAME wouldn't get in trouble at all.  They're covered with that whole 'Hey, don't blame us.  It's ONLINE' clause.  Which is a pretty good clause, as a company I wouldn't want to take responsibility for ALL the crazy humans using my product online.

Customers getting in trouble.... well, that's different.  ... and the game wouldn't try to protect you at ALL of course, nor should they. :)

I would think some parents would disagree, but mostly the ones that don't care for their kids like they should anyways.  Anything involving strangers all over the internet should be closely watched when your child is involved.

I think there is a balance though, game companies shouldn't be completely immune from any sort of responsibility.  That would kinda be like someone setting up a playground where parents could leave their kids and go about their day.  No supervision or guidance, and then build a building across the street to house child molesters and let them go to the playground whenever they want.  A little extreme, but there's gotta be some sort of something I think.

I would think some parents would disagree, but mostly the ones that don't care for their kids like they should anyways.  Anything involving strangers all over the internet should be closely watched when your child is involved.

I think there is a balance though, game companies shouldn't be completely immune from any sort of responsibility.  That would kinda be like someone setting up a playground where parents could leave their kids and go about their day.  No supervision or guidance, and then build a building across the street to house child molesters and let them go to the playground whenever they want.  A little extreme, but there's gotta be some sort of something I think.

Yeah, if they see a child molestor they're going to crack down on it, but they can't watch everything everybody does, and I don't think a court would hold them responsible for that sort of thing. :/

There's already been cases of stuff like that going on, and I haven't heard even the faintest whisper of a peep that Blizzard ever got sued for basically being where creepy older people apparently go to meet lonely illegally young people.  So I'd guess Blizzard covered themselves pretty well.

Really, the whole internet is full of adults and kids (With a few exceptions), but you don't hear about all these mail hosting places or chat places getting in trouble for having the potential to lead to weirdness.

Yeah, if they see a child molestor they're going to crack down on it, but they can't watch everything everybody does, and I don't think a court would hold them responsible for that sort of thing. :/

There's already been cases of stuff like that going on, and I haven't heard even the faintest whisper of a peep that Blizzard ever got sued for basically being where creepy older people apparently go to meet lonely illegally young people.  So I'd guess Blizzard covered themselves pretty well.

Really, the whole internet is full of adults and kids (With a few exceptions), but you don't hear about all these mail hosting places or chat places getting in trouble for having the potential to lead to weirdness.

Nah,I think they do offer something, whether it be chat filters, or moderators, or warnings.  I was just stating I think morally they have an obligation to at least try and discourage abuse and protect the underagers.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I remember in AoC there was this female-character only RP guild offering services of an unseemly nature to the those with some money to spend. They were respected a lot, added some spice to the RP vibe on the server and had a ton of clients every day.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Originally posted by DarkPony

I remember in AoC there was this female-character only RP guild offering services of an unseemly nature to the those with some money to spend. They were respected a lot, added some spice to the RP vibe on the server and had a ton of clients every day.

Good luck with your endeavor.

First MMO I ever played?  Asheron's Call.

Second friend I ever made in an MMO, ever?  A poet.  She was freaking RICH.  From selling poetry custom tailored to vain players.

... her alt was a prostitute.  I never asked if that was just an RP term, or how much money she made on that character.  It seemed rude to ask.  D:  She didn't fight like a prostitute anyway, just fought normally!

So yeah, about 20% of the whole time I played Asheron's Call, it was with a prostitute or poet.  No idea what that says about me, or my formative years as an MMORPG player.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Maybe not sued, but this guy did raise a stink awhile ago.

CLICKY

As to expecting find this kind of behavior in an MMO, OP, you are best off sticking with games such as Second Life.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

Originally posted by Tardcore

As to expecting find this kind of behavior in an MMO, OP, you are best off sticking with games such as Second Life.

Raising a stink doesn't really count.  It's just sour grapes. :D

... and people already mentioned AoC and Startrek Online and some other games... and there was CoX

... and I KNOW for a fact (Not through participation, thankfully) lots of people do it in WoW.

I'm pretty sure any place there is any form of communication, there are people finding a way to make out second hand.  It's CERTAINLY true on the internet, where every communication method EVER has probably been used to host every kink under the sun.

Sure, teens think they're all hip and cutting edgewith sexting, but that's only because they're not familiar with sexy smoke signals, sexy papyrus rolls, sexy messenger pigeons and sexy mammoth bone carvings.