Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the population? Is it still OK?

holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

I've been playing Rift for the past month, but the recent nerfs leave my class (rogue) with nothing competative at endgame.  I don't feel like leveling up through bland quests again, so I'm thinking about going back to DCUO.

I've heard the population has dropped, but is it so bad?  Specifically on PVP servers which is where my old toons are.

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

not sure about the PS3 population, but apparently the PC version took a big hit population wise..   at a guess i'd say most are probably waiting for a major content update before resubbing..  image

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

PVP servers are well populated. Especially Death and Glory.

I am also on Brave new world which has become the unofficial Aussie server. It is nicely populated even at these odd hours.

Virtue and Vice is also decent it being the player made RP server.

I am not on the other servers, but don't believe the hate. There are still plenty targets

• Master-NalaMaster-Nala Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

I've been playing Rift for the past month, but the recent nerfs leave my class (rogue) with nothing competative at endgame.  I don't feel like leveling up through bland quests again, so I'm thinking about going back to DCUO.

I've heard the population has dropped, but is it so bad?  Specifically on PVP servers which is where my old toons are.

Most PvP folks have rerolled to Death and Glory.  It's probably the highest population PC server and not by a little bit.

• BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

For US Servers, the Death & Glory PvP server is doing well. It at least hits Medium for a couple of hours a night during PST prime time (but is low the rest of the 20-21 hours out of a day).

All of the 8 other servers are Low all of the time.

Just today at the DCUO forums, people have started complaining that Zero Hour is becoming a Ghost Town. Keep in mind that Zero Hour has been considered the 2nd most populated server, with V&V right behind it, but neither getting above Low for about a month.

My DCUO subscription ends in a couple of days, and I will say that the population is not healthy. It seems like most remain at Level Cap instead of rerolling (as for levels 11-30 all the missions are the same, with only a Level 15 and Level 30 "Mentor Mission" different), and only log-in when the Raid timers reset once per week, hit the Raid, and log-out until next week.

Also keep in mind that you can buy the game, hit level cap several times on a casual play schedule, and see how repetative and shallow the endgame is all within your free month. Easily.

• Shinji-ExShinji-Ex Member Posts: 16

It was a bit low when I started in late March when I got the DD version from PSN
    but I have notice in the last week it has approved a lot
    Crisis is pretty solid here in NA

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Just resubbed and played today around prime time for NA and Virtue and Vice server seems pretty dead... saw maybe 5 people total and seen maybe 3 say anything in chat.

Anyone know a more populated PvE PC server?

The game could probably benefit from some server merges.

• Shinji-ExShinji-Ex Member Posts: 16

Keep in mined a lot of people hang out at the tower though

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

im on death & glory...its decent.

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

PC side is making a comeback recently because of the RIFT exodus and update 2.

Public Enemies can hit close to D&G numbers during player ran PvP server world events.

It's probably #2 on overall population during most hours.

There are raids going all week long, hard modes, and the queues pop instantly on both sides in arena and legends even in the off hours.

D&G is still the most populated but most will agree the community and players tend to be a lot better on Public Enemies.

A merger is coming soon so I wouldn't worry if you're on a dead server right now. Give them 2 months and they'll have it hashed out.

The community can support 2 high pop and 2 medium pop servers once everything is consolidated.

I understand the PS3 community is really populated even more so then D&G , P&G, VnV put together.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

The game is still a lot of fun, but the lack of people on EU Reality lost makes it very difficult to justify playing.  Hopefully server mergers will go ahead or better still the merging of PC and PS3 servers (they have the technology apart from the billing and payment system).

That would save the game and get a lot of pc players back.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

Public Enemies can hit close to D&G numbers during player ran PvP server world events.

There are raids going all week long, hard modes, and the queues pop instantly on both sides in arena and legends even in the off hours.

D&G is still the most populated but most will agree the community and players tend to be a lot better on Public Enemies.

A merger is coming soon so I wouldn't worry if you're on a dead server right now. Give them 2 months and they'll have it hashed out.

The community can support 2 high pop and 2 medium pop servers once everything is consolidated.

I understand the PS3 community is really populated even more so then D&G , P&G, VnV put together.

I'm pretty sure there is NO PS3 community at the moment, given that whole "playstation network suffered an external intrusion and now it's being rebuilt" thing.  Then again, that doesn't necessarily invalidate your claim against the PC servers ( ' ;

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

Not only is there NO PS3 community atm, the only numbers we actually have on DCUO's true population show it at an all time low, not making a comeback. Half the day it's not even on that chart, so if you can't find it, check back.

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

You can't use steam as a source of tracking unless it's a steam only game.

Out of the 100 players I have on my friends list that actively play DCUO between D&G and P&E maybe 2 have it on steam.

True the PS3 community is down but it was thriving prior to the PSN fiasco from what I understand.

Once the PSN / SoE issues die down maybe they can have a chance to recover some of their base before the new Star Wars MMO launches.

The game is exceptional imho. The combat system has ruined me for other MMOs like RIFT that seem generic and skilless by comparison.

We'll see how the SuperServers help boost pop a bit.