Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Forums down AND unable to login to the game

NasjaNasja Member Posts: 47

While I was playing SWG this morning (western european time), I get the message the server is going to close for a server reset.

After logging out, I check the forums for any news, I see the forums are unavailable. I try to login and get a Timeout error after just 1 second. The only thing we get is under the latest news:

Dear Valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE Service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immidiately. We will provide an update later today (Monday).

Well, considering this comes in a double token / gcw / xp weekend, they better extend that weekend for the next week or two but knowing soe... that seems unlikely.

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

So you're worried about xp/tokens even after reading

"In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immidiately".

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I dont see why they wouldnt change the date to make up for it.

This shouldnt surprise you tho with all the news thats been going on with sony. =p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Welcome to MMORPG.com Nasja ;-)

*points to the SEARCH button* old news, been discussed all day and even the staff has made a news item of it. Seems that the PSN hack of 2 weeks ago also affected the SOE network :-(

And like you, i was playing EQ2 this morning, went out for grocery shopping and half an h our later all was down *cries*

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

lol intrusion, not good.

• DismantledDismantled Member UncommonPosts: 121

I woke up this morning and the first thing i thought was "I really wanna play some EQ2".............

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Interesting.

Not good news at all.

• NasjaNasja Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by angerbeaver

No, not worried at all. Just mentioning it. Why do people always need to act like this when you just mention something, yeez.

• metalazometalazo Member Posts: 39

The thing that annoys me is that they give no timeframe of how long it will be down, and so you keep checking it every few minutes to see it it is back. The fact it is double everything weekend makes it more eager to get in. If it was not this event going on, then would just probably leave it and do other stuff, and being in the UK it is a Bank Holiday today, and saved today to take advantage of this double everything weekend. I did try doing other things but my mind was completely set on playing SWG today, at least morning to early afternoon, and just could not concentrate on anything, due to all the vagueness

Now it has gone past it, and don't care any more

My account is due to renew any sec, and don't particuallry want it to, unless they extend it by a day, or extend the double everything weekend. SOE always has a tendency to give you awesome stuff, then takes it away, and leaves you wondering what will happen next. The double everything weekend was given due to last weeks intrusion, which I thoight was resolve after the weekend, and it was not that much of a major downtime as games were still running OK, but it was just the websites that were down. This is more of a pain now

When I have problems wiith my ISP and can not connect to internet in the day at about 2pm/3pm, they say there is a problem and will be resolved by 8pm, but usually it is fixed by around 4pm. But SOE just says nothing.

If you want an extension of account subscription or double everything weekend, be sure to send in a ticket / email and complain. They may say no, but the more that do it then the more chance they will do it.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Nasja

No, not worried at all. Just mentioning it. Why do people always need to act like this when you just mention something, yeez.

Don't take it personally Nas :) It's just how people act at times.

Originally posted by TUX426

Yeah I know Tux. Its my way of reacting though and most of the time it's refreshing.

Still, it's bad news and I feel they need to make for it.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Man..this sucks..I was trying to log on to Matrix Online earlier and the same thing happened.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Seems the PC SOE servers are affected by the PS3 compromise, again not a good thing especially at same time as SOE layoffs are occurring.

Man..this sucks..I was trying to log on to Matrix Online earlier and the same thing happened.
    I thought they shut down Matrix Online back in 2008?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by metalazo

My account is due to renew any sec, and don't particuallry want it to, unless they extend it by a day, or extend the double everything weekend. SOE always has a tendency to give you awesome stuff, then takes it away, and leaves you wondering what will happen next. The double everything weekend was given due to last weeks intrusion, which I thoight was resolve after the weekend, and it was not that much of a major downtime as games were still running OK, but it was just the websites that were down. This is more of a pain now

PSN users recieved a 30-day free PLUS on the PSN. Those already registered for PLUS had an extra 30 days at the end of their current subscription. I bet if SOE is offline for a week or so (I hope not), they'll do a similar thing for your SOE account...

Originally posted by Nasja

Oh please. You made a point of mentioning it and you want the extended time back. So obviously you were concerned about it, or so it seemed. If I am off then I apologize, but from the way it was written that is what it seemed like to me.

• ToothmanToothman Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hey Nasja.  I see you found your way here after all things SWG got put on a security hold yet again.  Welcome :-)

Originally posted by Toothman

Hey Nasja.  I see you found your way here after all things SWG got put on a security hold yet again.  Welcome :-)

Heh yeah Toothman. Soe forums comes first but if it all get shut down you look for something else.

Oh please. You made a point of mentioning it and you want the extended time back. So obviously you were concerned about it, or so it seemed. If I am off then I apologize, but from the way it was written that is what it seemed like to me.

Well, considering double everything weekends aren't all the time I mentioned that fact. I also mentioned it because I recently had an allready negative experience with SoE customer service... If you wish to know, I looted a ship weapon (in space) with a 0.388 refire which can (after reverse engineering) roll to either 0.370 or 0.360 but considering the project I have which allready took a long time I wanted to know. I got told that this was working as intended and I should just play it the way they designed it... and they were never going to give me the actual number (0.3884 or 0.3879) or do anything if it turned out to not be satisfactory.

Now with that kind of "service" and a declining population and their failure to keep us playing right now, I expect them to come with some sort of compromize. So I am not "concerned" about double everything. I expect service is all.

I expect service is all.

Can't argue that! :)

It's all good, no worries

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by sookster54

Seems the PC SOE servers are affected by the PS3 compromise, again not a good thing especially at same time as SOE layoffs are occurring.

its been down for almost 2 years.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Originally posted by warmaster670

Nice one

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by sookster54

Yeah..I know.  ; )

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

i'd be surprised if SOE offers subscription refunds or free playing time as a result of this unsechudeled maintenance.  

• ChipxxChipxx Member Posts: 3

Interesting.

Not good news at all.

No, not good at all..... i'd rather be playing!

LOL, In my SWG down time lookie what I stumbled upon?

Chipx, Chipz, Chipy says ------------------------>  hello Tux and Nasja. How bout a bounty check Nas?

It's a small world after all is it not?

This discussion has been closed.