Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think happened?

erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

I have an acct with WoW since '05. During this time I've played on and off with my last playing time coming a few months ago. I didn't like many of the changes so I left again.

But now I can't activate the acct . The problem is when I try to log in at battlent to activate the acct, it says my information is wrong and it's not wrong. I also have an authenticator which I also need to use to log in. I then try to retrieve my accounts information and it asks me my security question of what model was my first car and again it says my answer is wrong.

I contacted support via e-mail and I told them what's going on and they tell me to phone them. Have you ever tried to contact WoW by phone? It's not pretty. You need to wait for hrs and hrs and many times after you've spent all this time on the phone, a recording tells you to call back later and it hangs up.

I wrote  blizzard back and I told them I would give them any and all personal info on my acct. but over the phone as I don't have the time or inclination to go thru' the hassle of phoning them. Isn't it the same thing but without the hassle and the wait?

Do you think my account has been hacked but I do have an authenticator which is suppose to stop this sort of thing. Or what do you think is going on and how to fix this.

Another thing is, the e-mail address I have to this acct now doesn't work either. It seems both the mail and my acct have been changed, I don't know. So I can't use it to try to manuver around to activate my acct using it.

Thanks

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

For me, most of my vanilla friends are gone.  I don't like a lot of the newer players who came to the game.  To many other things to do in life!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• mrfadedglorymrfadedglory Member Posts: 10

I stopped playing when the idiots from "The Instance" podcast started raiding the top level raids.  it was all over from there...

• xxHanoverxxxxHanoverxx Member Posts: 28

Nice way to answer his questions.  Stop hijacking threads to use for your anti-wow rhetoric.  Seriously, if you arent playing any more, nobody cares what you think.  You're like that guy who broke up with his girlfriend, but continues to ridicule her every chance he gets.  

Back on topic...

OP, unfortunately I think the only way to get your account active again is to call Blizzard.  They might have detected weird activity on your account and decided to inactivate it.

I know that after not playing since 2005, I had to create a new account since they purged inactive accounts during the WOW/Battle.NET migration.

OP, contact Blizzard.  There have been a lot of changes since 2005 and your account simply may have been deleted like mine was.  they sent warning emails years ago that they were going to clear accounts that had been inactive for a certain amount of time that you might have missed.  Everyone had to migrated their WOW accounts Battle.net accounts.  I ended up having to start over...Nice way to answer his questions.  You guys will take any opportunity to slam WOW, wont you?   Seriously, if you arent playing any more, nobody cares what you think.  You're like that guy who broke up with his girlfriend, but continues to ridicule her every chance he gets.  

OP, contact Blizzard.  There have been a lot of changes since 2005 and your account simply may have been deleted like mine was.  they sent warning emails years ago that they were going to clear accounts that had been inactive for a certain amount of time that you might have missed.  Everyone had to migrated their WOW accounts Battle.net accounts.  I ended up having to start over...Nice way to answer his questions.  You guys will take any opportunity to slam WOW, wont you?   Seriously, if you arent playing any more, nobody cares what you think.  You're like that guy who broke up with his girlfriend, but continues to ridicule her every chance he gets.  

OP, contact Blizzard.  There have been a lot of changes since 2005 and your account simply may have been deleted like mine was.  they sent warning emails years ago that they were going to clear accounts that had been inactive for a certain amount of time that you might have missed.  Everyone had to migrated their WOW accounts Battle.net accounts.  I ended up having to start over...

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Originally posted by xxHanoverxx

I know that after not playing since 2005, I had to create a new account since they purged inactive accounts during the WOW/Battle.NET migration.

OP, contact Blizzard.  There have been a lot of changes since 2005 and your account simply may have been deleted like mine was.  they sent warning emails years ago that they were going to clear accounts that had been inactive for a certain amount of time that you might have missed.  Everyone had to migrated their WOW accounts Battle.net accounts.  I ended up having to start over...

They did not purge WoW accounts, all the accounts created are still there, they just can't be logged on because the change in login system. To access old WoW account you have to create a new Battle.net account, then add your existing WoW account into your Battle.net account from your Battle.net account management.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Actually, I have called Blizzard (here in the States) on several occasions and waiting about 45 minutes to an hour to talk to someone.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Talk to someone on the phone and dont hang up until theyve helped you.

Its not just Blizzard, a lot of companies take time to get to, hell even my bank ive had to wait an hour to get a representative before. Call when you have the time, i think talking to them on the phone usually leads to the best result instead of waiting for emails and messages to get back and forth.

It sounds like your account was stolen, either that or you simply forgot your info that you put in. Call them.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter