Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Review

kalagarazkalagaraz Member UncommonPosts: 20

Alright, to start off with before the community from global agenda comes over here to defend their game, know that I was banned from the game. I was banned for trying to call the company and it's employees to inform them that their servers were down during the night for over 4 hours. All I got was voicemails and I made on post on forums with Hi-Rezs phone numbers for other people to call as I was going to sleep and was hoping to play a little in morning. All the numbers were in the phonebook, didn't do anything special to get them. I login in morning to find it saying I have been banned.

On to the review.

First off the game IS fun, for a bit. It's not the kind of MMO you would imagine. It's fun to play 1-2 hours a time and then go play something else. It's more of a team deathmatch style shooter game rather than an MMO.  The only real "MMO" portition of the game is a central hub that you can trade items in and group up with people, and a single open zone with maybe 20 quests in it that you do from levels 1 to 18. After that, it's nothing but PvP shooters or simple 8 minute PvE scenarios that are pretty much the same run after run and the rewards being pretty much pointless.

The items you can find get aren't much different from a epic weapon from a basic weapon. I understand this to be due to balancing, but to me just makes the whole system pointless in the first place. Talking a difference of 994 damage for a basic weapon to 1010 damage to a epic weapon.

The community as you may all be aware are completely horrible. It's probably one of the worst communities I have ever experienced in the game and you will notice it from minute one of logging into the game. People yelling at each other, calling people newbs, talking trash about other classes and peoples play styles. Play a poison medic and everyone will treat you like the dirt on the bottom of their shoes. Throughout matches you'll have people on Voice over IP yelling at each other on how much they suck and how they don't know how to play their roles etc...

The game lacks supports due to Hi-Rez having a limited number of employees and working on 3 projects, including the Tribe franchise they purchased. Updates are about 6 months apart in the game. Auction House is bugged so instead of fixing it immediately they just made it so every peice of equipment you get is bound to your character and basically said they would fix it later. When servers go down during the night, you can try and call them and get banned, or just wait about 6 hours till the morning and they come in to work to fix it.

The UI is very lame and ancient. The inventory screen looks like you are playing a Text-Based MUD. It's just a paged list of the items you have and quantity like an accounting spreadsheet. It's also very buggy and you can get items stuck in your inventory.

Crafting is pretty simple and bland. You have 3 levels of blueprints, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic. All uncommon blueprints require same materials, all rare same materials etc... doesn't matter what you are crafting. You craft 100 uncommons and then you can make rares, craft 100 rares, then you can make epics. Nothing special. You can't craft weapons/armor, only mods. You can add the mods to weapons which give you like 2% damage increase to items stats. 1 mod per item.

Overall, it's free, doesn't hurt to play it. Don't make my mistake though and make sure you play it to realize how pointless it is to buy a booster ($15 a month). It grants you extra experience/tokens, but you can reach max skillpoints in a day just being a free player and after that experience is kind of pointless other than to get the slightly better (15 more damage) items which to me isn't worth $15 to get faster. 

Comments

• NemisarieNemisarie Member Posts: 19

Well its a very good point based FPS game cursed by morons and a horrible community, I always try to help people who ask intelligent questions. But some just ask stupid things that were clearly covered in the tutorial..No patience for those that cant take time and read the tutorial...And when it comes to PVP matches you rarely get a team that knows their roles ...medics are supposed to heal, Assaults stay on point, recons kill turrets, robos set up defenses/turrets..more often than not you get dummies ignoring the objective and just kill farming till they lose the match for the whole team.

Most fps shooters are not for the sqeemish or thin skinned, so be prepared to be bullied cursed at and called a stupid noob by 90% of the veterans there..Its mostly the same with all FPS shooters so go in expecting it.

kills are only a small portion of the games "Star" (ranking) system, you get more points for capturing control points and assists than you do by killing people and most people dont realize this and never listen when you tell them the correct way to play..I always use "and that's why i am 5 star and you are 2 star" when they try to argue this fact with me.

Dome/city chat is childish and an immature troll fest, but I dont bother with them, i gather the few people who know what they are doing into a team and go have fun in pvp matches, we usually slaughter them cause the other team is doing what i said in the previos paragraphs...So basically it can be great fun if you get in with the right agency or others that know how the game works..

Just a few tips from a GA vet, hope you all at least give it a try cause it really is fun once you get into it...

oops, Sorry posted that in the wrong thread, but it does make a nice secondary review for people to ponder...

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

So let me get this straight, the OP is:

complaining about a game that is free

harrassing the dev's through their personal phone numbers to let them know the server was down, and then proceeded to post their personal information on the forum for others to harrass them as well?

i'm just going to stop there. It's disgusting.

Originally posted by Nevulus

So let me get this straight, the OP is:

complaining about a game that is free

harrassing the dev's through their personal phone numbers to let them know the server was down, and then proceeded to post their personal information on the forum for others to harrass them as well?

i'm just going to stop there. It's disgusting.

Yea, nice point there, that is enough to get you banned from any game, free or otherwise...