Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silkroad Online: Stronger Anti-Bot Measures AND New May Events!

The Joymax team working on Silkroad Online have had a busy time, as they've prepared stronger policies intended to curb cheaters alongside a Hidden Treasures Event and more for their players.

Joymax, a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment for the global market, announced today that it recently implemented a series of stronger anti-bot measures for players of Silkroad Online Legend VII: Rise of the Thief-Hunter. In addition, the company today announced new May events and item mall updates for Silkroad players to enjoy.

Read more at the Silkroad Online official website.

Comments

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

They're actually going to do something about botters?

They literally said once that they don't care about bots. They didn't care because they all bought gold passes so they could log in. I guess they got tired of no real players being able to log on.

It's way too late for this game, the entire industry has moved on to bigger and better things. If they had acted sooner instead of blowing it off like nothing all this time they may have been able to keep a steady playerbase. But it's too late, nobody played this game for a long time other than bots. Their entire real playerbase is gone now. The game will be empty.

Now if they can fix the very specific grinding problem involving a specific overpriced bow and a specific overcrowded place they might get people to actually play.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Nice to hear they start their war against botters, but I fear it's about 4 years too late. Most real players left SRO long ago because of all the botters and notbeing able to logon (like I did)

• CaelranCaelran Member Posts: 2

Nice to see that joymax is actually trying to do something against botters. Nowadays you can easily log in, which is awesome, however the game still has the ridiculously high exp requirement. For instance if you're lvl 100, you have to grind more than a week to get lvl 101.... Hopefully they'll realize this and fix it as well.

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

Logged on this morning after patching and logged into a new server, counted 16 bots from the starter town. Within 15 mins of gameplay, all servers still full, except the new servers, 2-3 of them im assuming the update has already been launched?

If it has what a poor attempt. Bots are rife.

• baldernonobaldernono Member UncommonPosts: 96

Till they don't remove premium ticket i won't believe Joymax.