Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pvp

andyman1112andyman1112 Member UncommonPosts: 32

i have always wondered how good is the allods pvp compared to other mmos f2p or p2p is it really fun? is it worth to spend all those days lvling to get to lvl 42 (now 47) to pvp?

Comments

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

If you're not going to be investing in runes, then no it won't be worth it. With the latest patch the level difference in runes is even more important than before. They've done away with the need for incense and charms, you'll get a large bag for free etc. The new zones are more PvP oriented. But without runes, forget it, you'll just be killed killed and killed...

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• andyman1112andyman1112 Member UncommonPosts: 32

do runes cost money or can i buy them without paying real money?

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

You can buy the level 1 runes from an NPC, but the crystal chips that you'll need to combine them into higher level runes are from the Cash Shop. Some are sold on the Auction House at a pretty high price. You need 2 level 1 runes to make a level 2 rune, 2 level 2 runes to make a level 3 etc. So all this combining to increase the level of your runes will require an exponentially growing amount of chips.

So while "you can buy runes with in-game gold" is true, it doesn't quite tell the whole story. If you're a hardcore player you might make it all the way, or nearly all the way, to the (sub)top. When you're more casual, a few hours a day or so, you'll be in pain for a long time if you want to see end game. Still the ride could be quite entertaining. But if your goal is high level PvP without need for the cash shop you'll be dissappointed. Then again, I don't think there are many F2P games out there that won't force cash shop on you if you want to thrive in endgame PvP.

You can get along without Cash Shop, there are also surveys than can get you GPots, but that depends on your region.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...