Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I still need to afk grind into oblivion?

Comments

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by kevorkianj

Here's a suggestion: why not just play the game? Guaranteed skilling up and having fun at the same time. And it isn't even casual!

I think it's because people want to hop into the game and be able to almost immediately skip to the high-end game and start PvP against vets.

Others, and myself, have suggested that they can find others their own relative skill level to PvP against at any point. I've had my share of experiences against people in my own range, and I've seen others PvP as well. But for some reason, in PvP (in DF anyway), people only seem to put value on being able to beat "the big boys", and all else is irrelevant. It's similar to how in PvE MMOs, there are people who only place value on doing end-game content, and all else is irrelevant.

It's been stated before... There's a vocal group of people playing DF who basically want it to be Planetside, or an otherwise MMO version of a typical FPS.

That's not what AV developed DF to be and that's been pretty clear since long before they even released the game. I don't know why people are demanding the game be something it wasn't designed to be.

But then.. that's people for ya.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by WSIMike

Here's a suggestion: why not just play the game? Guaranteed skilling up and having fun at the same time. And it isn't even casual!

I think it's because people want to hop into the game and be able to almost immediately skip to the high-end game and start PvP against vets.

Most new players don't expect to defeat Vets from the get-go, but DarkFall being a so-called skill-based MMORPG where player-skill determines the outcome of a battle, they expect their player-skill to at least defend themselves or have a chance to run away. New Players are not even able to run away, as players can easily catch up with bunnyhopping, even if the new player is mounted. They reach the goblin area only to be greeted by a nice little combo of WOF+RAYS, which is more than enough to defeat said new player. Or they get perma-blinded. Happens.

If New Players were able to defend themselves or at least run away succesfully, perhaps more new players would stay. Because player-skill is not a determining factor of the outcome of a battle in DarkFall, levels are. 

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Most new players don't expect to defeat Vets from the get-go, but DarkFall being a so-called skill-based MMORPG where player-skill determines the outcome of a battle, they expect their player-skill to at least defend themselves or have a chance to run away. New Players are not even able to run away, as players can easily catch up with bunnyhopping, even if the new player is mounted. They reach the goblin area only to be greeted by a nice little combo of WOF+RAYS, which is more than enough to defeat said new player. Or they get perma-blinded. Happens.

If New Players were able to defend themselves or at least run away succesfully, perhaps more new players would stay. Because player-skill is not a determining factor of the outcome of a battle in DarkFall, levels are. 

The problem with people not being able to get away isn't that "weaker players can't get away from someone bunny-hopping, even if mounted up". The problem is that people can bunny-hop such great distances to begin with. I've seen that in action - reminds me a lot of rocket-jumping in typical FPS's - and it just screams "lame" to me, even if it's permitted.

The solution to "new players not being able to compete or survive against vets who are attacking them" isn't to all but eliminate progression and make the newbies stronger from the start. It's to disincentivize the vets from attacking newbies to begin with.

I'm working away on a design for a MMO for some time now. It will have open world PvP. Players wouldn't be physically prevented from attacking anyone - including those far weaker than themselves. However, in the setting I'm designing, habitually attacking those weaker than yourself would be deemed cowardice. Consequently, your character would be regarded and treated like a coward, which would manifest in a variety of ways. Some would be humorous (in a twisted way), some more serious, all depending on certain circumstances. I'm not a fan of things being "arbitrary" in a game's design, so the system would be an element of the game world and setting, rather than an external "real world" game rule enforced in a  fantasy setting.

Point being... that lower level players are being attacked so frequently by more powerful players they can't defend against, to the point that it's a problem... seems, to me, to be something that needs to be taken care of by making the consequences of doing so a lot harsher than they are.  Hiding in a clan hamlet or near the safety of guard towers isn't really sufficient.

If it's a "hardcore" game, and people consider themselves "hardcore" for playing it.. then they should be able to live with "hardcore" consequences for doing something as non-hardcore as preying on far weaker players.

Of course, I know that's "not the way it works" with those types. But that's a whole other story.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

The problem with people not being able to get away isn't that "weaker players can't get away from someone bunny-hopping, even if mounted up". The problem is that people can bunny-hop such great distances to begin with. I've seen that in action - reminds me a lot of rocket-jumping in typical FPS's - and it just screams "lame" to me, even if it's permitted.

The solution to "new players not being able to compete or survive against vets who are attacking them" isn't to all but eliminate progression and make the newbies stronger from the start. It's to disincentivize the vets from attacking newbies to begin with.

I'm not against progression, provided that it is set realistically, or if skills and stats where to follow a formula of diminishing returns like HP does. That I'd be perfectly fine with, regardless of the length of the "grind".

As for the solution to new players being unable to compete, I think the best solution in DarkFall's case without carebear-ing the game would be to give incentive for Veterans to use NPC Cities (Player Vendors or Local Auction Houses would likely help achieving this purpose). If Veterans were to use NPC Cities more often, it would potentially discourage many "griefers" as there would be Veterans nearby to defend the new players. Although with the current alignement system, or at least until Lawless areas are introduced, it would be a little hard to encourage veterans to go to NPC Cities as the system does not make the difference between attacking and defending, thus many players go red for defending themselves.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

man man man..

You really think that the vets are intrested in running around goblins spawns and killing newbies? simple NO

The vets(including me ) know that the servers are low populated and would rather give free goodies to them instead of killing them ( if they encounter a newbie)

Its the medium chars who are running around at started area's because there char is a litte better then a newbie and got some more experience with the game. they can not handle the vets  or suck in pvp so to get there ego up they ride around goblins spawns..

Its aways an discussion about newbie's in this game and i really don't get it..

in darkfall: you simple don't or can't handle you char within a couple of month's it takes alot of training ( duels) experience to get the feeling with it simple is that.

In other games you have to level your char from 1 to 80 or whatever and people don't complain( which takes x amount of time itless)  but in darkfall they start complaining that the gap is big

Darkfall is way better then because some of the vets have newbie chars and actually are killing high end chars.. and this you won't find in any other game

Originally posted by Snoepie

man man man..

You really think that the vets are intrested in running around goblins spawns and killing newbies? simple NO

The vets(including me ) know that the servers are low populated and would rather give free goodies to them instead of killing them ( if they encounter a newbie)

Its the medium chars who are running around at started area's because there char is a litte better then a newbie and got some more experience with the game. they can not handle the vets  or suck in pvp so to get there ego up they ride around goblins spawns..

in darkfall: you simple don't or can't handle you char within a couple of month's it takes alot of training ( duels) experience to get the feeling with it simple is that.

In other games you have to level your char from 1 to 80 or whatever and people don't complain( which takes x amount of time itless)  but in darkfall they start complaining that the gap is big

Darkfall is way better then because some of the vets have newbie chars and actually are killing high end chars.. and this you won't find in any other game

You'd be seriously suprised by the amount of Veterans killing new players out of boredom. Compared to 2009 which showed the most support for New Players (especially when NEW was introduced), the amount of veterans roaming new player areas has severely increased. Yes there are many veterans helping new players by giving goodie bags and such, but the support is not as present as it once was.

As for why the discussion is always about newbies, it's fairly simple. If you don't attract new players, an MMORPG can hardly survive, or at least whatever is left of the population will merely be able to cover up the cost of server and developers but the game will never truly be able to grow due to lack of fundings and such. This applies to every MMORPG in this industry, wether it's niche or not. And for an MMORPG like DarkFall, players are everything. While the game contains a LOT of PvE to do, it remains a PvP game and to do PvP, you need players to create it. And to continue to create PvP without boring the current playerbase, you need a steady income of new players.

In other MMORPG (themepark to be more precise), you don't have to level from 1 to 80 to be competitive. Most gives players various level-playing field areas so that you may PvP with players that are around your level.

And as far as newer players or characters defeating high-end characters, there are other MMOs that allow such like Dungeon Fighter or Rakion. I'm just sayin'

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

man man man..

You'd be seriously suprised by the amount of Veterans killing new players out of boredom. Compared to 2009 which showed the most support for New Players (especially when NEW was introduced), the amount of veterans roaming new player areas has severely increased. Yes there are many veterans helping new players by giving goodie bags and such, but the support is not as present as it once was.

As for why the discussion is always about newbies, it's fairly simple. If you don't attract new players, an MMORPG can hardly survive, or at least whatever is left of the population will merely be able to cover up the cost of server and developers but the game will never truly be able to grow due to lack of fundings and such. This applies to every MMORPG in this industry, wether it's niche or not. And for an MMORPG like DarkFall, players are everything. While the game contains a LOT of PvE to do, it remains a PvP game and to do PvP, you need players to create it. And to continue to create PvP without boring the current playerbase, you need a steady income of new players.

In other MMORPG (themepark to be more precise), you don't have to level from 1 to 80 to be competitive. Most gives players various level-playing field areas so that you may PvP with players that are around your level.

And as far as newer players or characters defeating high-end characters, there are other MMOs that allow such like Dungeon Fighter or Rakion. I'm just sayin'

this is because the starting area's for newbies are way to hard to start with..

Av is fcking thinks up.

There is no decent explenation where to start and what to do. While the new players are asking in race alliance for help i see the vets or whoever is talking there in race alliance giving troll answeres ( but it will always be like this ) im blaming av for the following:

AV should atleast make the start more friendly by intruducing decent tut ( some sort of ingame video tut or whatever)

There is not even 1 single clue where you can get your title quest's..

And these 2 parts makes the trial users to not going to sub. I think maybe 8% of the trial users will sub and start there adventure. this % is way to low..

Av don't have alot of cash to do so we all know that.. but they should focus more on getting new players indeed instead of following the suggestions on forumfall and trying the implent it.

They are gonna introduce the armor patch ( or expansion ) well they shouldn't. focus more on the new players instead like you said.

if you don't get they WHoaaa feeling within 3 days by starting  the game  you doing something wrong as an company.

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684

man man man..

So where are you gathering this information that vets attack a lot of newbies? If we wanna go anecdotal I can do the same. My guild actually recruits many, many newbies and we rarely have to go to defend against vets. It's not a common occurence at all.

Originally posted by xanphia

So where are you gathering this information that vets attack a lot of newbies? If we wanna go anecdotal I can do the same. My guild actually recruits many, many newbies and we rarely have to go to defend against vets. It's not a common occurence at all.

I've played since Launch, and also was a NEW Counselor. I've been rather close to New Players, visited various lands to reach certain new players who were at a disadvantage distance-wise (Mirdains and Mahirim mostly), and done my fair share of defending new players around NPC Cities (mainly Mirdain, Humans and Dwarfs). Because of this, I've seen the players PK'ing around NPC Cities, I've seen where they go, where they're from, who they target, etc, and through my battles, only a 1/3 of them could be considered "mid-level" characters. The veterans preying on Newbies were still horrible (player skill-wise) so easily defeated, but against new players with no means to defend themselves, it's a different story.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

I've played since Launch, and also was a NEW Counselor. I've been rather close to New Players, visited various lands to reach certain new players who were at a disadvantage distance-wise (Mirdains and Mahirim mostly), and done my fair share of defending new players around NPC Cities (mainly Mirdain, Humans and Dwarfs). Because of this, I've seen the players PK'ing around NPC Cities, I've seen where they go, where they're from, who they target, etc, and through my battles, only a 1/3 of them could be considered "mid-level" characters. The veterans preying on Newbies were still horrible (player skill-wise) so easily defeated, but against new players with no means to defend themselves, it's a different story.

Which server you have been NEW counselor ?  There was a difference in the direction of NEW, NA was more involved in politics whats of course caused a bigger reaction of vet clans and vet players (vets was hunting them more often). Where as  on EU server are the mid -level players out especially for "newbs" PK .

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I don't get these 6 months of grinding to get pvp ready. It takes maybe 1-2 months. If you're a min maxer, sure, 6 months sounds right. Some people on these boards are such ragers.

2 months tops, some people have done it in 3 weeks.

The problem is not the grind, or even the game, it is the complete and utter lack of dedication shown by certain players who want everything handed to them without any real effort.

Are you still active? What's your in-game name? I should know of you at the very least since you've been around so long. A long time ago when NEW owned Hammerdale, I was lived in Sandstone with Black. So I had a lot of contact with NEW and frankly, they sucked.

But that's besides the point. The main point is that, we are constantly around human lands, a very active pvp area, and we see no real problems or threats from our little ones.

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Which server you have been NEW counselor ?  There was a difference in the direction of NEW, NA was more involved in politics whats of course caused a bigger reaction of vet clans and vet players (vets was hunting them more often). Where as  on EU server are the mid -level players out especially for "newbs" PK .

NA. Although NEW was not really involved in Clan Politics and had more of a neutral status back in 2009 when Furyos Mortis was the SG and NEW had the support of mostly all major clans (BkS, LotD, etc). Since he left NEW has gone downhill, was involved more in politics and was losing support from major clan's leadership leaving DarkFall. By the way, does NEW on NA still exist? I recall reading a few polls on NA Clan Discussions a while back about the "future of NEW" and wether or not it should stay, and soon changed leadership once again.

Are you still active? What's your in-game name? I should know of you at the very least since you've been around so long. A long time ago when NEW owned Hammerdale, I was lived in Sandstone with Black. So I had a lot of contact with NEW and frankly, they sucked.

But that's besides the point. The main point is that, we are constantly around human lands, a very active pvp area, and we see no real problems or threats from our little ones.

I've long left NEW since it started to go downhill early 2010. And I should've read further before replying to Darth. Did NEW lose Hammerdale? Does NEW even exist anymore? It's in my opinion probably one of the only factor that has encouraged new players to keep playing past their first month. We used to have over 250-300+ members every week and going up around when Conquer The Sea went live, and the support from other clans was very strong with several clans coming in Hammerdale daily to advertise or try and recruit NEWs that were about to leave Clan (after the 30 day period). Was a fun time.

man man man..

Actually, I know it happens. I've seen it in action... many times... in multiple MMOs with FFA PvP. It's inevitable.

Look around the forums here about DF alone. Many people have complained of seeing more advanced players, with superior gear, superior skills and more knowledge of the game coming up and PK'ing people in newbie areas? It's one of the reasons behind them wanting new players to be more quickly "competitive" with more advanced players... so they aren't such easy targets on a new or otherwise far less developed character.

Kudos for that. Sincerely. It's a shame that more advanced players aren't like yourself in PvP MMOs overall. At the very least, one could expect a more advanced player to at least pass through lowbie areas and mind their own business.  But that's simply not the way it goes.

I agree with you. That's precisely why they're doing it, for easy kills. That's also why, as I stated in my design example, such behavior would be deemed "cowardice" and those characters would be treated as they deserve to be... and I don't mean "like hardcore players".

Also, you make a good point. However, that doesn't change the situation. New players are being griefed by more advanced players they can't (or at least seldomly can) defeat or defend themselves against. Whether it's a vet or a "mid-level" character really doesn't matter. The end result is the same.

I, for one, believe it would be perfectly appropriate to have harsh penalties for people who do that. It's not "hardcore", it's not "competitive" and it's not "challenging". It's weak and it's lame. Further, such penalties would only affect the people it's intended to deal with: the lowbie griefers. Legitimate PvP'ers wouldn't be affected by it, 'cause they wouldn't be hunting newbies in low level areas. Don't like the penalties? Don't prey on newbies. Simple.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

If you take a look for yourself and see his past threads and posts they are 95% of the time talking smack about Darkfall and other Indie games. RIFT is the only game that I have seen him praise and I have been watching him for a long time. He reminds me of Irendor (from forumfall) and I think that he might be the same guy (can you confirm, MadnessRealm?). If he was in NEW than I would guess that he probably encouraged a lot of NEW people to quit the game beause he says a lot of things that are very negative and has for years. I hope that he is not going to report me as a troll for typing this . ... but I am not trying to attack or anything like that but I am very interested as to why someone feels the need to come in here and complain for as long as he has without playing the game. Will you please enlighten me MadnessRealm without reporting me? I only have my opinions and respect you as a person. Are you Irendor from forumfall? I hate to be suspicious so please tell me how I am wrong?

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

I've long left NEW since it started to go downhill early 2010. And I should've read further before replying to Darth. Did NEW lose Hammerdale? Does NEW even exist anymore? It's in my opinion probably one of the only factor that has encouraged new players to keep playing past their first month. We used to have over 250-300+ members every week and going up around when Conquer The Sea went live, and the support from other clans was very strong with several clans coming in Hammerdale daily to advertise or try and recruit NEWs that were about to leave Clan (after the 30 day period). Was a fun time.

So, do you play anymore?

So, do you play anymore?

I haven't since late September 2010. Grew tired of paying and waiting after the 4th or 5th delay for Hellfreeze. Still looking at ForumFall though, hoping that the Armor System will be the nerf to hybrid that I'm waiting for, and that DarkFall Arena will also be the expansion that will make me resub.

Don't get me wrong, I've played for almost 2 years so I'd be lying if I said I didn't like DarkFall. In fact, I really do like Darkfall. Hell, I can't even play tab-targetting games anymore (saves for 2 mmos) because of Darkfall. But after 2 years, I just can't get past the problems anymore so I chose not to sub until Aventurine decides to change the game enough.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Arcken

Not being pvp viable from the get go is probably the biggest problem Darkfall has. Frankly I dont know many people who enjoy being everyone elses bitch for 1 to 2 months before they can finally start to defend themselves.

Its like some sort of sick high school hazing.

This.

IMO MMORPG PVP games are built with a glaring flaw. Once an initial population is established, it makes new players cannon fodder.

It wouldnt be bad if new players would die once to a person, but as well established in various games, some arse much finds it fun to camp the nOObs....thus driving away potential new customers.

Havent read this forum in a few months, but appears it is the same ole story when it comes to DF.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Originally posted by Moaky07

IMO MMORPG PVP games are built with a glaring flaw. Once an initial population is established, it makes new players cannon fodder.

It wouldnt be bad if new players would die once to a person, but as well established in various games, some arse much finds it fun to camp the nOObs....thus driving away potential new customers.

Havent read this forum in a few months, but appears it is the same ole story when it comes to DF.

Or it could be you just perceive opinions of those who you like to listen too and ignore how the game developed (faster skill progression, afk skill progression, diminishing stat gains on vitality and HP).

Especially the person you quoted hasn't even probably played the game once or just around launch.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

If you take a look for yourself and see his past threads and posts they are 95% of the time talking smack about Darkfall and other Indie games. RIFT is the only game that I have seen him praise and I have been watching him for a long time. He reminds me of Irendor (from forumfall) and I think that he might be the same guy (can you confirm, MadnessRealm?). If he was in NEW than I would guess that he probably encouraged a lot of NEW people to quit the game beause he says a lot of things that are very negative and has for years. I hope that he is not going to report me as a troll for typing this . ... but I am not trying to attack or anything like that but I am very interested as to why someone feels the need to come in here and complain for as long as he has without playing the game. Will you please enlighten me MadnessRealm without reporting me? I only have my opinions and respect you as a person. Are you Irendor from forumfall? I hate to be suspicious so please tell me how I am wrong?

Ya man the guy has nothing but bad to say about DFO in just about every post I've seen from him. I guess hes butthurt about something, likely trying to turn people off the game to make himself feel better.

How people can find the time to bitch and whine about a game every single day blows my mind. Seriously, dont you guys have real lives? O.o 

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Originally posted by Ethian

Ya man the guy has nothing but bad to say about DFO in just about every post I've seen from him. I guess hes butthurt about something, likely trying to turn people off the game to make himself feel better.

How people can find the time to bitch and whine about a game every single day blows my mind. Seriously, dont you guys have real lives? O.o 

Yet you are wasting your time posting about someone who's wasting is time, or so you say.

To Sid: Yes, Irenor is my second account on ForumFall which I use for posting (I have 3 accounts in total). As for my work  as a NEW Counselor, I'd very rarely scratch the subject of grind and such. I was always either answering the questions, or grouping up with other NEW members to hunt various areas (Ravens, Mercian, Elementals, Bone Knights and Gravelords mostly).  I've rarely covered the issues in-game and left that to Irenor on ForumFall. If new players found themselves bothered by some issues, they've discovered those by themselves.

As for my praising of RIFT, I haven't praise the game itself a lot. It's good at what it does but it's not for me. I did praise the Developers though for releasing one of the most stable and polished  game in....pretty much as far I can remember. Something very few companies have done indeed. But my praise stops there, game is not for me. I dislike themeparks for the most part of it.

Finally, as I've said in another thread,  I've played DarkFall for almost 2 years (Launch to Sept.2010). I'd be lying if I said that I didn't like DarkFall, in fact I really love the game, and I can hardly play tab-targetting games anymore because I find them extremely dull. But after 2 years, all the issues that the playerbase had been experiencing since Launch have not been addressed. AV has done very little in that direction. After 2 years, I just can't ignore the issues as they've been getting more obvious and annoying with everyday that passed, and the only thing that kept me playing, like many other ex-players, is hope that AV would fix those issues. They haven't, but there is still hope, so I roam ForumFall every now and then seeing what AV comes up with.

I mean, it took them 2 years to come up with an idea to change the alignement system, and it has caused more issues for blue players from what I'm seeing, and players have to wait a little more for Lawless Areas to be introduced. AV took quite a lot of time to address an issue that has been a major complain since Launch no?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Considering how long ago Darkfall released, it's remarkable that there is a small band of "veteran haters" still skulking around. You'd think at some point one would want to spend time on the internet a bit more wisely. To each his own, I guess.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Considering how long ago Darkfall released, it's remarkable that there is a small band of "veteran haters" still skulking around. You'd think at some point one would want to spend time on the internet a bit more wisely. To each his own, I guess.

At least he is informed about the game having played it for 2 years, many others so called "critics" dont even in touch or have their very old "launch" impression in mind.

What i  respect about Madness is he talks about actual experiences from himslef  what i not agree is why he has always to pick on the negative ones and not the positive the game has to offer (hence some people will  even complain about aspects while being in paradise)  well i guess thats the space for me then.

So, do you play anymore?

I haven't since late September 2010. Grew tired of paying and waiting after the 4th or 5th delay for Hellfreeze. Still looking at ForumFall though, hoping that the Armor System will be the nerf to hybrid that I'm waiting for, and that DarkFall Arena will also be the expansion that will make me resub.

Don't get me wrong, I've played for almost 2 years so I'd be lying if I said I didn't like DarkFall. In fact, I really do like Darkfall. Hell, I can't even play tab-targetting games anymore (saves for 2 mmos) because of Darkfall. But after 2 years, I just can't get past the problems anymore so I chose not to sub until Aventurine decides to change the game enough.

UI change, siege mechnics changes, armor specs (and new armor sets) and probably prestige classes will bring you certainly back then ;)