Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funniest MMO Commercial I've ever seen (Prius Online)

QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

I don't think they intended it to be so funny, but I almost teared up with laughter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WJdxlDLgP0&feature=related

This (obviously) wasn't made for the Western launch.

Comments

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

The guy totally looks like Ken Jeong in a bad cosplay outfit.

• fjcastelfjcastel Member Posts: 127

i think is kind of cute image

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by twodayslate

The guy totally looks like Ken Jeong in a bad cosplay outfit.

LOL

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Qazz

I don't think they intended it to be so funny, but I almost teared up with laughter...

i dont see where is the funny part here..... the video is nice but it actually looks more like a trailer for a full metal alchemist movie...  :)

oh i almost forgot... the description of Prius online says its an emotional mmorpg so i think this video fits the game ok :)

im a western gamer and i think if they make this vid for the western launch (with western peeps) it would look worse... asians are just perfect for cosplay and stuff ;)

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by rojo6934

i dont see where is the funny part here..... the video is nice but it actually looks more like a trailer for a full metal alchemist movie...  :)

oh i almost forgot... the description of Prius online says its an emotional mmorpg so i think this video fits the game ok :)

im a western gamer and i think if they make this vid for the western launch (with western peeps) it would look worse... asians are just perfect for cosplay and stuff ;)

Of course it wasn't intended to be funny because of the market it was made for.  I thougth it was hilarious because of the over-the-top acting, not because of the costumes.  I wish MMO's were more mainstream here so that this type of thing would be more 'normal' here, but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Of course it wasn't intended to be funny because of the market it was made for.  I thougth it was hilarious because of the over-the-top acting, not because of the costumes.  I wish MMO's were more mainstream here so that this type of thing would be more 'normal' here, but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

I want to see a World of Tanks commercial made for the Superbowl, I have a feeling it would end up being hilarious.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Wow, that was amazing. I still dont believe its true.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Soo... This is an MMOEMORPG? Or is it EMOMMORPG?

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Wooooow...makes me almost not want to play it.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by Xzen

That's exactly what they're marketing actually.  It's an "emotional" mmorpg.  I've been in the closed beta and it's pretty emo.  For some strange reason, I like it actually.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Well it was funny, but is it the Funniest MMO Commercial ever made? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Wv6Fy7IjE&feature=player_embedded#!

Now THAT is the Funniest MMO Commercial I`ve ever seen.

"SHUT UP!!"

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

This is the funniest mmo commercial I ever saw

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Wow... When she screemed it scared the crap out of me (at work not expecting it).  That was a little, eh.  I didn't laugh it just seemed...asian. Also I have no idea what's going on, so again...asian.

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Originally posted by RainBringer

"SHUT UP!!"

Yes, I have to agree with you there!

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

hmm.. It's their style.. They tried.. A bit dramatic for me not understanding what the hell she is saying, but it's obvious that she loved her giant Gigas friend who has died..

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Vyeth

hmm.. It's their style.. They tried.. A bit dramatic for me not understanding what the hell she is saying, but it's obvious that she loved her giant Gigas friend who has died..

Glad you asked for a translation, I expected that someone would bite...

[[ English TL for : ]]

( EMOMMO: Prius' Ad ) 

0:01 ~~( Music kicks in )~~

0:08 - Anima chic: "Hey! I like to overreact!!"

0:11 ~~( Prius Logo )~~

0:15 - Anima chic: (in tears) "...my boyfriend is a douche!!"

0:17 ~~( Clenched fist is shown )~~

0:18 ~~( Said boyfriend is NOT happy! )~~

0:20 - Anima chic: "HE MUST DIE!!!! HE MUST DIEEEEE!!!!! He should just /slitwrist...and die."

0:27 - Anima chic: "Why cant he just lay down and listen to my whining like this stud here..."

0:30 ~~( Giant robo thing AKA Giga shown chilling out on the grass )~~

0:32 - Anima: "Thus, he must dieeeee....."

0:35 - Anima: "All this shouting makes my throat dry...!"

0:38 ~~( Pat on the shoulder )~~

0:40 ~~( Smell my gloves you b*t*h! )~~

0:42 ~~( Secret handshake of the gpotato alliance protocol )~~

0:44 ~~( Alliance is formed! )~~

0:47 ~~( Boyfriend spots abundant dandruff flakes! )~~

0:48 - Narrator: "So they embarked on an epic quest to fix the Anima chic's dry throat, but wait, what about the dandruff?!?"

0:53 ~~( Anima scratches her head, oh how that dandruff itches!!!! )~~

0:55 - Narrator: "Dont drop flakes on me! Please."

0:58 - Robo/Giga: (just before passing out, cuz hes high) "Foster's...Australian for...Beer."

1:00 ~~( Cayenne Tech Logo )~~

----NOTE: Best results are obtained when video is watched on a split screen or in a new lateral alligned window while keep above TLs ready for cross reference----

----ALSO NOTE: People who liked the stellar job done by our team(me) on TLing this video will also like our other works such as: Carmina Burana's Salsa Cookies, Windmill Cookies they give you Gonorrheaaaaa, etc----

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Cute asian girl.

They're a different culture. They're entertained differently.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Cute asian girl.

They're a different culture. They're entertained differently.

Pop music, pop bands, and mmorpg's?

Anyways, it "almost" shows how god damn awful the story "cinematic scenes" are, and why they better let you skip them eventually..

Although you "miss out" on how f'ing terrible the dubbed voices are, lol...

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by mattic65

Originally posted by RainBringer

"SHUT UP!!"

Yes, I have to agree with you there!

That was funny.

"Conquer? wild huge beasts to fulfill your desire..."......Ummmmm?

Also some of the best vocal talent I have ever heard.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Tamagotchi Online.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I get a kick out of the Dungeon Runners Bling Gnome commercial 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by Xzen

Just EmMORPG :D

• zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53

lol, why did someone even took a advertisement of the taiwan server of prius and posted in a english speaking community.

Anyway its just some stupid advertisement asking who can protect that little "anima" girl so she there emo-ing and screaming that gigas to wake up and protect her cause its supposed to.. Anyway the game is nothing new. Anima which changes class according to what you talk to her, Gigas which simulates like your the dungeon boss fighting monsters. Plus the publisher is Gpotato so you can wait till cows come home before they finish translating for you all the quests which ppl are complaining in the game already. (Live example - Allods online)

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by twodayslate

I want to see a World of Tanks commercial made for the Superbowl, I have a feeling it would end up being hilarious.

Yes yes yes Worlf of Tanks commercial could be awesome, hehe.