Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forgot about Uo?

Nazgul11Nazgul11 Member Posts: 56

I was in the general discussion form and saw that no one even talked about UO!<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> image<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />It’s all WOW and all those other sorry excuses for MMOs. Has the world forgotten about Ultima and Ultima Online? What do the followers of virtues believe is the cause of this downfall?

Comments

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Ehhh, I dont mean to be blunt, but yes, everyone has forgotten about UO. I played Atlantic a few months ago and I came to Britain bank and almost cried, seeing that it looked like Moonglow bank (population wise) and Moonglow looked like Trinsic. I loved this game, but World of Warcraft is where I am now.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • DJkarlkaniDJkarlkani Member UncommonPosts: 29

I played UO for 5 years of my life. It was a great game in its time but the end is coming soon for it. What they should do is just come out with UO2 and blow the whole market away.

Wasn't  UO the first MMORPG, I really think it was but am not sure?

EX- UO, EQ, SWG Player

Currrently trying out GW and WoW

Holla-At-Your-Boy

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

Originally posted by DJkarlkani

I played UO for 5 years of my life. It was a great game in its time but the end is coming soon for it. What they should do is just come out with UO2 and blow the whole market away.
    Wasn't  UO the first MMORPG, I really think it was but am not sure?

Meridian 59, and many MUD's were the first MMORPG, nevertheless UO was the MMORPG Pioneer!
  • jonsnow13jonsnow13 Member Posts: 67

meridian 59 is still around and ticking as well!

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

The website for Meridian 59 says:
    Meridian 59 is an online 3D graphical RPG. It was originally released in 1996 by the 3DO company and was one of the first commercial online games available for sale in retail stores in the US.
    3DO doesn't make games, it makes crap. I don't think any of 3DO's products are "games", more like lousy controls, slow-paced, bland generic buggy suckfests. What I'm trying to say is, UO was the first real GAME to be massively multiplayer. ::::02::

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • IamThFEARIamThFEAR Member Posts: 8

UO2 would of made a fortune.  I wish the MMOPRG world was'nt so newb friendly because chillin at your house with friends chasing red's around the neighborhood was the BEST.  No other game dares to make a atmosphere so simple and cool anymore.

And hate or love Garriot, but he's no fool.  He saw LOR Online and Vanguard as steep competition so he completely did a 180 on Tabula Rasa.  My guess is at least one of these games will be the new king when they come out.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

IMO there are no good MMo's out right now, i dont really care for any of them. Nothing will ever beat what UO was though.. EVER

• StarkStark Member Posts: 119

UO was many peoples first online experience. I learned alot about how online games work from my 4 years with UO. I hated AOS so I took my money elsewhere. I have alot of respect for UO but it's not a game I plan on returning to although the new samurai expansion was tempting! I always wanted a castle "sigh"

• galefan2004galefan2004 Member Posts: 127

WoW kicks UOs ass hands down. People tend to talk about the good games that are out now not the games that were good 3 years ago. If you want to blame someone for UO getting nothing said about it the blame its developers. They have pretty much spent the last three years unattached to their player base ruining a once fun game.

• hanorethhanoreth Member Posts: 14

Ultima is completely forgotten by some, but we are still some UO-lovers! Hopefully EAG will step up the game a bit.

-Hanoreth Ahrann-