Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help...f2p Open PvP game with...

TekkorTekkor Member Posts: 3

Heyas everyone. Just a quick note. Ive been doing a good amount of research on games. Tried a couple games but founf nothing so far. Basically looking for a game with...

- Open world PvP that starts fairly early (not after 100 hours and 40 levels or something)

- Has a purpose or rewards for said PvP whether its points/favor or whatever.

- Player looting is ok. Prefer limited looting not Full but could live with either.

- Cash shop is fine as long as not insane spending needed to be competitive.

- Active playerbase. 

- Easy to download (see Rohan below) with maker having DL of thier own not bs 3rd party ones.

Basically I want to get off the $15 a month gig. Tired of it. Me and 2 sons play and tired of spending $50 for a game and $45 a month. Im done with it. We like PvP though. Some of the best fun we had was playing on a open PvP server on Warhammer a while ago. I dont mind spending a bit of cash at a cash shop here and there as able. I just dont want to be tied to monthly costs anymore. 

A few games I have tried or looked at....

- Heroes of Three Kingdoms: Ehh starting areas seem empty. I like the whole Three Kingdoms lore stuff but think it may just be a hair bit to...."much". Plus from what I hear its way high level until you can do any decent pvp I think.

- Rohan Online: Was kinda excited to try this one but... I swear I cant seem ot get it downloaded. They have no DL on site that is thiers...its all 3rd part. Half of them you need to register or use DL agent etc etc. I tried on a couple of them and they would stall etc. 

- King of Kings 3: Tried it briefly. Heard it has PvP but have to get a lot of levels under your belt and get in a significant guild I think. 

Any suggestion very much appreciated. Ive been trying to find something for like 2 weeks now. 

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Give Forsaken World a look see (there is a video of it on the main page you can check out).  I've never played the game so I can't really tell you how it pan's out....but it's a good place to start i guess.

G/L

~cheers~

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by Tekkor

Heyas everyone. Just a quick note. Ive been doing a good amount of research on games. Tried a couple games but founf nothing so far. Basically looking for a game with...

- Open world PvP that starts fairly early (not after 100 hours and 40 levels or something)

- Has a purpose or rewards for said PvP whether its points/favor or whatever.

- Player looting is ok. Prefer limited looting not Full but could live with either.

- Cash shop is fine as long as not insane spending needed to be competitive.

- Active playerbase. 

- Easy to download (see Rohan below) with maker having DL of thier own not bs 3rd party ones.

Basically I want to get off the $15 a month gig. Tired of it. Me and 2 sons play and tired of spending $50 for a game and $45 a month. Im done with it. We like PvP though. Some of the best fun we had was playing on a open PvP server on Warhammer a while ago. I dont mind spending a bit of cash at a cash shop here and there as able. I just dont want to be tied to monthly costs anymore. 

A few games I have tried or looked at....

- Heroes of Three Kingdoms: Ehh starting areas seem empty. I like the whole Three Kingdoms lore stuff but think it may just be a hair bit to...."much". Plus from what I hear its way high level until you can do any decent pvp I think.

- Rohan Online: Was kinda excited to try this one but... I swear I cant seem ot get it downloaded. They have no DL on site that is thiers...its all 3rd part. Half of them you need to register or use DL agent etc etc. I tried on a couple of them and they would stall etc. 

- King of Kings 3: Tried it briefly. Heard it has PvP but have to get a lot of levels under your belt and get in a significant guild I think. 

Any suggestion very much appreciated. Ive been trying to find something for like 2 weeks now. 

I know of no F2P games where you will not be hemorrhaging money in order to compete in PVP.  Forsaken World is included there as well just see  the 5 Things Forsaken World Does Wrong article posted the other day.

Steam: Neph

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Runes of magic has ok pvp servers where you get pkd even inside of towns and you can be looted (not full loot, but still looted) the cash shop sells items to bound your gear in pvp servers so they wont drop upon getting pkd... i know pve servers dont require cash shop to be good player, but im not sure about pvp servers.... i quit pvp servers at lvl 19 cos i got sick of high lvls pking me in everywhere (at least npc guards hunt you down if u are a pkr in town)

you can give it a shot, all you can lose is a little bit of time by trying it

• TekkorTekkor Member Posts: 3

Thanks for suggestions. Its funny you suggested Forsaken World as we already had that downloaded and had tinkered with it a bit. I didnt even realize it had pvp servers etc. So...we are going to try that real fast. I just leveled a toon up to 15 since I posted this thread...I guess PvP starts at 30. 

So we will see.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

• suffusesuffuse Member UncommonPosts: 31

I'd recommend Regnum Online if you can stand the older graphics

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• TekkorTekkor Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by suffuse

I'd recommend Regnum Online if you can stand the older graphics

Wow. I just looked it over and Im now downloading it. Looks pretty nice. The graphics are not a huge deal breaker for me as long as they are fluid and not like choppy or anything. 3 real RvR? Nice. No gear sold on micro transactions..nice. 

Funny how I had never heard of this game until you just suggested it. 

I guess it released in 2007?  Guess thats right around when Wow was really getting going heavy and Warhammer was about to come out and it got lost in between I guess. Around that time I think I had quit EQ2...moved to Wow and was waiting for Warhammer.

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

How about Aika Global? It's a short download (500mb installer), so why not give it a shot? 1000vs1000pvp is what I liked about it.

<TBA>

• niteWhislerniteWhisler Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by QuasiRain

How about Aika Global? It's a short download (500mb installer), so why not give it a shot? 1000vs1000pvp is what I liked about it.

there is no such thing in aika

more like 10vs10

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

RF Online is a solid open pvp game.  It's very quick to get to level 45 or so...then the last 5 or 6 levels are brutal.  The great thing about the game is that its about group pvp, not so much small unit pvp.  Each day there are two chip wars where all three factions fight in this massive battle and try to take down the chip.  In taking down the chip, you get additional buffs for the next 12 hours.  Then after winning the chip war, you run to another area where theres a boss that you try to kill, meanwhile the other factions are scroaching you...if you get the kill, you get advanced mining in that area for the next 12 hours.  Haven't played in some time, so some of my details could be off.  The game has an auto health pot feature, so if you carry heavy health pots once you are at levle 45 or so you can hold your own easy.  Could do that easily in less than a week.  I loved that game...actually, I'm going to go reinstall now  :)  (Has a cash store, but nothing in it is needed)

A second game is always Guild Wars.  Very solid game, been solid from day one.  The pvp is not open, but the arenas are quite cool.  Great community as well.

If you do decide to put some money out, try Darkfall online.  Sounds like everything you want tbh.  Currently the game is only $9.99 to purchase and then you do however pay a monthly fee.  But it is by far the most crisp ffa pvp game out there.  For the person that is looking for a hardcore pvp game, Darkfall is great.  The problem use to be the grind, but with the new grind systems they have implemented, you can be pvp viable in a month or so.  You wont be the uber vets, but you can be of service in sieges, etc.  (Is full loot)

*Currently has a free trial..

If you check out Darkfall send a message to me in game and i'll help you get going.

Balin Goldhelm

www.incognitodfo.guildportal.com

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• XtrizXtriz Member UncommonPosts: 48

Try Faxion Online! www.faxiononline.com

The best F2P PvP game out in mmo gen right now, you can start pvp when you out side city, its similair like Shadowbane/Daoc/warhammer online...

Best PvP, best world PvP.... Controll world pvp too! its so great!

Its litle bugg in the game, but they patching so much they can..

The Grafik isnt great, but the play style its amazing!

try it out! :) Its Hell vs Heaven too

you got wings like Aion, and you got multiclass too!

Like Fantasy Sidescroller? Join http://blixtenquest.com now !