Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising: Retail Release Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Heatwave Interactive has announced that the North American retail release date for Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising is set for June 21, 2011. Players who preorder the game will have early access one week prior to the game's official launch.

“The launch of Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising is only the beginning for our players,” said Anthony Castoro, Heatwave CEO and Co-Founder. “The development team will continue to build upon the game’s authentic Roman mythology experience by expanding the Ancestral Estates and introducing new content almost immediately. We would like to thank the thousands of Closed Beta Testers for their tireless work and candid feedback.  Now that Gods & Heroes is Feature Complete, the team has turned its focus on polish and performance in support of our launch.”

Read more about preordering Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay to play this game, it has less content than most of the korean grinders.

• Nigon6969Nigon6969 Member Posts: 1

I agree, I tried to beta test this game with one of the mmorpg keys and I couldn't push myself to play for more than an hour because the game is just that bad.

• suffusesuffuse Member UncommonPosts: 31

I have to echo the sentiments of those who posted before me. I played the beta and couldn't keep interested beyond level 8 or so. Just nothing extraordinary about the game and nothing that grabbed me. I don't wish failure upon any MMO but I don't predict success for this one.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

I played beta. The graphics remind of LoTRO. I think it would fair better if it went the LoTRO model...

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

LoTR graphics kick the crap out of G&H's graphics. I was in the 1st beta back when PH had the IP

and it really hooked my but after the crash and burn of PH and the long wait for this return they should go F2P casue the game is not good now.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by MegasStar

{mod edit}

Seriously though... this game was setup to go the f2p route with all the different minions you can find...

Oh well.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

This game should have been much better, but then again so should our spelling. Its not cool to be illiterate.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

I guess no one has taken into consideration that the current beta build is 2-3 weeks behind the dev build in-house. Naw, it's much more fun to bitch that this game will fail, make folks sterile, and generally cause incomprehensible physical anomolies that will induce public mockings. Seriously, the game actually looks pretty good, the combat isn't bad, but I will admit that I don't think it's worth a $50 price tag. $19 and a $10/month fee, maybe. We'll see what the next few months of updates and content we haven't seen brings us. In the meantime, continue your wishes of "OMFG-FAILZORS!" It does make for emtertaining reading; and who knows, your wishes of doom might come true! Keep sacrificing garden salamanders in your parents' back yards, fellas!

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I am an unbiased gamer, I give anything a shot if it is a videogame.

I must say that I finished beta with the feeling that this game should not have a 50 dollar price tag nor a monthly fee.  The game is just not worth it, that is my honest to gamer god opinon.

I have good taste and feel this game is subpar at best.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Played beta and although not bad of a game, it is gonna get devastated if it goes the p2p route.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

define bad please. I played in an early beta for a bit found it to be kinda interesting but didn't have a lot of time to devote then only made lvl 14. But I like to read everything (specially in a beta) and the story seemed intriguing what with the squads and stuff. (I never only had but 1 spuad member and don't remember anything special about it...)

How is the game now?

• libranimlibranim Member Posts: 139

Originally posted by sinjin

I am an unbiased gamer, I give anything a shot if it is a videogame.

I must say that I finished beta with the feeling that this game should not have a 50 dollar price tag nor a monthly fee.  The game is just not worth it, that is my honest to gamer god opinon.

I have good taste and feel this game is subpar at best.

Ok mister unbiased gamer,

state why you came up with your conclusion.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by Puuk

I guess no one has taken into consideration that the current beta build is 2-3 weeks behind the dev build in-house. Naw, it's much more fun to bitch that this game will fail, make folks sterile, and generally cause incomprehensible physical anomolies that will induce public mockings. Seriously, the game actually looks pretty good, the combat isn't bad, but I will admit that I don't think it's worth a $50 price tag. $19 and a $10/month fee, maybe. We'll see what the next few months of updates and content we haven't seen brings us. In the meantime, continue your wishes of "OMFG-FAILZORS!" It does make for emtertaining reading; and who knows, your wishes of doom might come true! Keep sacrificing garden salamanders in your parents' back yards, fellas!

You just painted yourself with a big "Naive" sign. If I had $10 for everytime someone used that excuse prior to a pending MMO release...

There is no miracle patch and when developers hold back content so that there are "some surprises for the players at launch", the surprises are never good.

MMORPGs take years to properly develop. You can get some bug fixes and some game tweaks in the final weeks before launch, but more often or not, it takes developers six months or more after launch to fix most of the major problems testers warned about during beta.

If a game launches with a major lack of content, don't expect tons of content to come roling in post launch, either. Once a game goes live, staff levels and development budget always decline. By how much is dependant to a large degree on just how successful the game is at box sales, then holding onto subscribers, but they always decline. If a game launches with 80-90% of the content an MMORPG really needs to succeed, they might catch up on the balance if they really devote continuing resources to it. If a game launched with a serious lack of content, it will never, ever catch up.

So, minor bug fixes and maybe a few tweaks difference between the beta build and the retail build? Sure. A miracle patch that fixes all the problems and pulls tons of new content out of thin air? Not going to happen.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated