Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Zandalari Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The World of Warcraft team has released a new trailer to preview the v4.1 patch scheduled to be released soon. Called "Rise of the Zandalari", the trailer features a look at the troll empires of the past and the Zandalari's quest to reunite them in the wake of the Cataclysm.

Click the image below to check out the Rise of the Zandalari trailer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Now players get to go through rehashed content from Vanilla and BC... yet another time.

And people still think WoW isn't past it's peak...

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

What bringing things back to life that nobody uses anymore is a bad thing? So what all that old content that just sits there should forever just sit there and not be updated and brought back to life?

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Originally posted by Thomas2006

What bringing things back to life that nobody uses anymore is a bad thing? So what all that old content that just sits there should forever just sit there and not be updated and brought back to life?

lol Exactly.

I was amongst the first to whine about this when they first mentioned do it with naxx but i think Blizzard has pulled off their renovating beautifully.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• RoakiRoaki Member Posts: 66

Blizzard have realised that vanilla WoW has the favourite content of any expasnion for the majority of its player base. So, with this knowledge why would they leave the players favourite content to wither and die away? 

I still personally think instances/raids should scale with level, and not have set levels.

But as they don't do that in WoW the morale of this story is - Recycling is good.

I don't mean to sound big headed... But I know Voldemort.

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

It's the community's fault that we talk about "rehashed content from Vanilla and BC" as if they were just old games that no one cares about anymore. It's all part of the game, and just because the story continues within content from Vanilla/TBC and NOT from Cata, doesn't mean it's content no one wants. The story of WoW simply continues.

• LithianlordLithianlord Member Posts: 24

I want to play WoW, I told myself I had quit, I want to play WoW, but it will drain my time, I want to play WoW, I need to see how this turns out.

• snapp69snapp69 Member UncommonPosts: 113

Man does that video make the graphics look dated or what??

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Originally posted by snapp69

Man does that video make the graphics look dated or what??

lol That video is extremely bad quality.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

The "bad graphics" argument is like kid bullys with poor imagination resorting to using looks as a source of mockery. Like "your fat" or "your ugly". Childish.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Zoulz

The "bad graphics" argument is like kid bullys with poor imagination resorting to using looks as a source of mockery. Like "your fat" or "your ugly". Childish.

I don't actually recall anyone saying the graphics are bad....but referring to the video making the graphics look bad....which it did.  Anyone who has played WoW in the last 3 years knows the graphics are better than what that video depicts.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

ppl are happy with so little =D

there should be lots more and new (really new) stuff out, every update just makes me feel more and more like they're milking it for as much as they can =(

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

The video looks very adverage....

Thinking to myself, why should i care about the probelms of trolls?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by Robokapp

gameplay trumps graphics.

Unfortunately for me, I found WoW's gameplay mind-numbingly bad.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Robokapp

gameplay trumps graphics.

Very true. Sad this game lacks both.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

This still doesn't make me want to play WoW again. I was never very fond of the trolls anyway. It's too bad they decided to rehash old content instead of trying to introduce new. Seems to me like they don't care as much about this game anymore and they are now just milking a dying cow.

Oh well, maybe their will be a reason to re-sub on the next patch. Then again after all the time I've spent playing WoW, probably not.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

To say this is a re-hash is just ignorance.  The storyline, quests and encounters are all completely new.   The landscape is the same, but then why wouldn't it be?  Content isn't just a 3D landscape, and it doesn't make sense to add a new zone when the storyline is set in this zone.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

Originally posted by Recant

To say this is a re-hash is just ignorance.  The storyline, quests and encounters are all completely new.   The landscape is the same, but then why wouldn't it be?  Content isn't just a 3D landscape, and it doesn't make sense to add a new zone when the storyline is set in this zone.

They didnt have to take the story that way did they? You make it sound like the story lives its own life and blizzard were just surprised it took them there lol ;) The encounters are not completely new, and its not a complete copy either ofc. Truth is somewhere in between. If you did it in the past, you'll recognize alot. I can appreciate that a few ppl never did run ZG or ZA, but most did I'd think.

Will drops be the same as the old ones like onyxia... ish?

Dont get me wrong, I realize wowers think this is great. Almost all my friends (a RL friend guild) cant wait to get in there. I just dont get it myself. They are WoWers ofc :P

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

Some people will never be satisfied.

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

Originally posted by i00x00i

Some people will never be satisfied.

I wouldve tried anything that was actually new, I think. At least once. I dont like to farm for gear, but I do like to experience new encounters. This doesnt really feel new to me.

The content is actually all new, except for the landscape.  Some encounters are similar, but the mechanics are different.  They have to be different, since the way abilities work is totally different to when ZG was current.

If you actually ran the instance instead of instantly dismissing it because that's how kids' brains works these days, you would see it's totally different.  

For a start it's not a raid....   

Originally posted by ormstunga

The encounters are not completely new

First boss - same name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8EiKvNk9N8

Completely new fight.  In every possible way.   Just like you are wrong, in every possible way :)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

looks old and tired. reminds me of a f2p mmo these days

All MMORPGs these days remind people of WoW.

There's a very good reason for this :p

Dismissing me as a kid, awesome and expected retort from a Wower I guess (two can play this game =P).

Link all the bosses and we'll see that there are several old ones who play very similar to how they played before. Like I said, truth is somewhere in between.

Looking forward to your next post claiming everything is completely new and some sort of namecalling. Shoot!

Conveniently ignore my irrefutable proof much?  How about YOU post something showing how the encounters are not completely new, since you are the one making the point in the first place?

As it stands, I have evidence, you have nothing and you are still completely wrong.  I'll ignore the WoWer sentiment, because it's just trying to deflect from the fact you screwed up and you know it.